Chamundi's incomplete love story & Hahuma's lies!

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hola amigos!

Hahuma only cares about Dravidagam's continued prosperity but not for its constituents. 'For the greater good' seems to be her motto but history has shown that this motto can often lead people to ignore what is right.

Devsena has been lied to and manipulated by everyone important to her. It's a sad situation to be in. She is truly alone. Yet again, Hahuma has lied to her that Chamundi's demise was the result of an Aryan conspiracy when Hahuma's direct orders actually caused Chamundi's death.

Chamundi seems to have been even more impulsive and emotional than Devsena, because she chose to die rather than sacrifice her love at the altar of her queendom. She had a pure heart which was more suited to loving than the ruthlessness required to rule. Will Devsena ever get to know the truth of her Chamundi Amma's fate?

Did Aravamudan know the truth behind Chamundi's death? Seems likely. However, can someone explain what threat he posed to Devsena according to Hahuma? As far as I know, he has never plotted against her.

Also loved how Devsena and Varundev spent each waking and unconscious moment consumed by thoughts of each other. The contradictions in their relationship are portrayed so beautifully- attraction and repulsion, fascination and horror, desire and the urge to conspire.

Both are highly principled and believe they are in the right. They are actually similar in that they are upstanding citizens of their societies forced to duke it out because of the incompatibility of two powerful civilizations.

What will happen when an unstoppable force like Devsena meets an immovable object like Varundev?

When fire meets ice?

Loved VD's contemplation with his friend about one's destined 'atmasangini' or soulmate. I like the bond he has with him (what's his name, btw?). I find Varundev's character so endearing. The best complement to Devsena's fiery disposition. They are perfect.

Also, that poor artist came up with such a faithful rendition of Devsena's Aryaveer but Devsena slashed it to bits in a moment. Somebody should tell him, 'bade bade deshon mein, aisi chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hain, senorita'. 😛

Okay, enough fangirling...for this post. 😆

P.S. Little Devsena is so cute and innocent. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: clarity

Hola amigos!

Hahuma only cares about Dravidagam's continued prosperity but not for its constituents. 'For the greater good' seems to be her motto but history has shown that this motto can often lead people to ignore what is right.

Devsena has been lied to and manipulated by everyone important to her. It's a sad situation to be in. She is truly alone. Yet again, Hahuma has lied to her that Chamundi's demise was the result of an Aryan conspiracy when Hahuma's direct orders actually caused Chamundi's death.

Chamundi seems to have been even more impulsive and emotional than Devsena, because she chose to die rather than sacrifice her love at the altar of her queendom. She had a pure heart which was more suited to loving than the ruthlessness required to rule. Will Devsena ever get to know the truth of her Chamundi Amma's fate?

Did Aravamudan know the truth behind Chamundi's death? Seems likely. However, can someone explain what threat he posed to Devsena according to Hahuma? As far as I know, he has never plotted against her.

Also loved how Devsena and Varundev spent each waking and unconscious moment consumed by thoughts of each other. The contradictions in their relationship are portrayed so beautifully- attraction and repulsion, fascination and horror, desire and the urge to conspire.

Both are highly principled and believe they are in the right. They are actually similar in that they are upstanding citizens of their societies forced to duke it out because of the incompatibility of two powerful civilizations.

What will happen when an unstoppable force like Devsena meets an immovable object like Varundev?

When fire meets ice?

Loved VD's contemplation with his friend about one's destined 'atmasangini' or soulmate. I like the bond he has with him (what's his name, btw?). I find Varundev's character so endearing. The best complement to Devsena's fiery disposition. They are perfect.

Also, that poor artist came up with such a faithful rendition of Devsena's Aryaveer but Devsena slashed it to bits in a moment. Somebody should tell him, 'bade bade deshon mein, aisi chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hain, senorita'. 😛

you have a great way with words...
clarity thumbnail
@ddsoaps- Thanks a lot. 😳

Sometimes I get inspired by stuff enough to write, hehe.

Can't wait for tonight.

We can call our little community here The Sena. VarSena's Sena. 😉

BTW, what do you think lies ahead for Aarambh with the leap?
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
@clarity
Excellent take on yesterday's Aarambh episode by you, dear! 👍🏼
Loved VarSena fight a lot.. ❤️
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Great post, Clarity!

I think Aravamudan was a "threat" as per Hahumaa coz he gets mercy from VD, DS kills him in court vowing revenge against VD and this pits VD directly against DS and brings them face to face - thus igniting whatever connection they have (or had in past life)? Maybe that's why he was a "threat" coz if not for him dying at DS's hands, the war would have went on and DS was on a 30 day respite from weapons, she might not even have interacted 1-on1 with VD. I maybe completely off the mark. Maybe they'll elaborate on why Aravamudan was a "threat" to DS.

I was more impressed with how detailed and accurate DS's description of VD was. Girl did take note in their first meet 😉 Like she would start poetically describing his features and then add a "but I'll break/kill him etc" at the end after each feature :D
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

@ddsoaps- Thanks a lot. 😳

Sometimes I get inspired by stuff enough to write, hehe.

Can't wait for tonight.

We can call our little community here The Sena. VarSena's Sena. 😉

BTW, what do you think lies ahead for Aarambh with the leap?

Hahahaa. The Sena is coool

I am a confused soul. Not sure if its a past leap kind of or futuristic one...considering yesterday's precap where he stabs her...

prefer the past to be shown, bringing out their past birth connect...rather than kill them now and have a rebirth of some sorts.
clarity thumbnail
@Swetha- Thanks a lot, hun. Hope you remember me from the BW forum. Regular there until a few months ago.

@Erised- Loved your explanation. Makes sense. If not for his encounter with Varundev, Devsena wouldn't even have known of his existence. Are Aravamudan and Dayalini the two threats that will push Devsena towards the biggest threat of them all- Varundev?

And yes, for all their talk about vinaash and sthaapna, it seems both are way too affected by each other. Can imagine them not being able to sleep because even if on a battle field, meeting each other is enough.

@ddsoaps- Well, future or past, I just hope VarSena are part of the 'leap' lol.

BTW guys, I noticed when VarSena swipe each other with the sword, VD asks our girl DS why she is wasting the blood that flows through her veins. How chivalrous, am I right? He almost sounded concerned. 😉
candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@clarity, if I am not wrong we have met in BS (which indeed became a traumatic experience) forum; though I have forgotten your name. Apologies...

Regarding yesterday's episode, the production value is beyond anyone's freaking imagination on ITV, a never seen before experience. Awesome!! Each and everyone involved deserves standing ovation for delivering that quality on ITV 👏!!

Regarding Arvamudan being a threat to Devsena, I guess it's him who became the catalyst for the fateful yet fatal & destructive encounter between Varundev & her. My interpretation is, in either cases whether Varundev had killed him or spared him, Devsena would have sworn revenge only. So their encounter was certain once Arvamudan fell.

Since I have been watching villains as heroes (read grey-shaded heroes) for infinity I suppose, I am still not convinced that some PH will dare to sail opposite to the wind !!! I mean the precap has literally made me skeptical w.r.t. Varundev being another quintessential dark hero who may cheat the FL with his words/ gestures and backstab her ultimately showing his true colors. Hope I am being proven wrong this time at least...

The only thing I did not like was the portrayal of polyandry unabashedly. I had really wished that Dravidian society been shown as devoid of either polyandry or polygamy and strictly following mono-s ..
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hola. First of all a beautiful write up. Loved how you have written about Devasena plight very sad indeed. Hope Varundev is not portrayed as one taking advantage of her emotional state.
The actress portraying Devasena is very good she is bringing both the fierce and the vulnerable child like state of the character beautifully. Varundev is the perfect foil calm and composed.
My only fear that Hahuma lied about Chamundi and Arya and that lie is going to come to hurt Devasena hope Varundev is not stringing her along to betray her.

QUOTE=clarity]Hola amigos!

When fire meets ice?

Dreamful thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great summary of the situation in the last episode 😊 Indeed, one thing that clearly came out in the last episode is, that Hahuma is a grey character in a sense. We had already seen this in previous episodes, where she did not interfere with the execution of Arvamudan, in fact to a certain extent it happened according to her orders. Hahuma seems to represent an outdated and staunch worldview, that seems to dominate the Dravidian Society. Though she thinks in the interest of her nation, she is also ruthless in her means. In a sense, it is perhaps time for someone else to lead the People of Saptha Sindhu. I have not yet seen today's episode, but looking forward to seeing it 😊