I am a bit disappointed with the opening numbers of Aarambh: Shristy

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

By IWM Editorial

Shrishti Arya, producer of much anticipated Star Plus mytho show Aarambh, has taken the lukewarm opening of her weekend show in her stride.

"I am a bit disappointed, the numbers were a bit lower than what I expected. Having said that we always were aware that we could not really overcome weakness of the weekend Star Plus fiction zone so soon in a big way. Any change does take time. Our story (Aryan, Dravidian clash) is not your normal TV stuff. It took two episodes just for the hero-heroine to meet, so we have to be grateful and wait for the audiences to warm up.

Here Shrishti adds that social media feedback has been great, "Both the leads (Karthika Nair and Rajniesh Duggal) have been widely appreciated. It is said that the girls are salivating for the latter and Tanuja ma'm is always spot on as the oracle.

Shrishti is hopeful of gradual rise in numbers, "For the format of the show is not such that we can use sex and comedy to lure away audiences, we need to appreciate their intelligence. The channel also understands that we have stiff competition in the form of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and other shows (fiction and non-fiction both) on other rival channels. I am just happy that our time spend is on the rise which means that we are on the right track, fingers crossed.

Remind her that the channel has take off recent weekend fiction properties (Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai) even before they finished their stipulated runs and Shrishti says ,"I am no one to comment on what channel did in the above scenario. They can't be blamed for if numbers don't come, certain decisions will have to be taken. Star has full faith in me and my writer (Baahubali penned K. V. Vijayendra Prasad), I am sure they will give us reasonable time to deliver. We also need to appreciate the huge amount of money they spend on promotions.

We wish her all the luck.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing
yes I agree Aarambh should have fetched more TRPs

It has class

but I think to fetch more TRP they should increase the glamour quotient a bit

'This is not my personal view but I guess thats what the TRP audience wants
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing it. They had good reasons to be disappointed. They invested a lot in this project, but the numbers don't come! Everyone will be in their place. I hope the rating will increase but I don't see how.
Edited by Etna_Dia - 7 years ago
To...to thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't know what's the reason of less trp...?is it too much of over powering of women empowerment...or is it lack of rommance ...and to much of sword fight and all...there must be something wrong bc of which it's not getting deserve attention fromm viewers ...well I believe show has just started nd it has long way to go ...hoping to see good increase in trp...but cvs need to balance out things in plot ...rommance ...fight ...war ...entertainment ...they must give a balance epi.
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃 😃 Thanks 😃 😃
😃 😃 😳 😳 😃 😃 😳 For The Informative Article - Nice ! ! 😉 😆 😳 😃 Actually, I Could Not Get The Nuances, The Norms, Practices, To My Liking. Just Could Not Connect Nor Did The Whole Thing Jell ! ! 😳 😃 😉 😆
😃 😳 😃 😃 😃
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: To...to

I don't know what's the reason of less trp...?is it too much of over powering of women empowerment...or is it lack of rommance ...and to much of sword fight and all...there must be something wrong bc of which it's not getting deserve attention fromm viewers ...well I believe show has just started nd it has long way to go ...hoping to see good increase in trp...but cvs need to balance out things in plot ...rommance ...fight ...war ...entertainment ...they must give a balance epi.

I get the appeal of a "balanced" episode but I think it's more imp to let the storylines play out in their own course of time. VD and DS have just had their first interaction and it felt quite natural (their reasons for meeting). Since this is a fantasy/period show, I'd rather the writers take time to establish the stories and the characters. But yes, low TRPs are a cause of concern not coz they are linked to the quality of the show but coz the channel might take unfavorable steps towards the show.

Also given the type of shows which get high TRPs (in fiction), I think Aarambh won't (and shouldn't) become like them. If we had VD pushing DS in a wall, manhandling her, arm-twisting etc and DS cowering in fear and awe, in the arms of her "hero" (you get the drift) that might appeal to the TRP audience. -_-

Any show which wavers from this tried and tested Arrogant ML- submissive FL theme takes time to establish an audience for itself and unfortunately sometimes the channel decides to act unfavorably such shows. Hope SP lets at least 1 good content show run despite of numbers.