Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Dreamful

Yes I think so too, as far as I know there is no evidence for an Aryan invasion and I think these theories were made up during colonial times. I agree with you. I think the terms Aryan and Dravidian today concern languages and language groups more than anything else.

Actually I did not know the story of Ponniyin Selvan, thanks for informing me about it 😊 The Chola dynasty is very important and maybe Aarambh got inspiration from there. There are some historical elements in this show I think, despite being fantasy mostly.

@bold: Exactly, very much misinterpreted concept of the clans in today's world. Linguistic barrier was not the actual division but right now our politicians and some local linguistic groups use this concept for instigating the layman.
@blue: Welcome dear.😊

You can very well look for Madurai Meenakshi's story which is nothing short of true Aryan (Shiva) and (Meenakshi ) Dravidian story.
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Skin colour is simply a product of proximity to the equator. Therefore people living in northern india have fairer skin like the people from Afghanistan and other such countries.
In fact one can easily see the skin tone getting darker as one moves from the polar regions towards the equator. It is nothing but a survival mechanism of the human body.

However, Britishers used it to -

1. create the impression that white colour was superior so that they could fool the poor uneducated people into mental subjugation

2. Make it feel as if the local inhabitants of Northern India also were usurpers like them and accordingly there was nothing immoral about what the Britishers were doing

3.as someone said earlier also, Divide and Rule
Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A very valid point. I did name my first Topic beginning or r the beginning of an end not to indicate end of Dravidian ( I am a proud Tamilian myself) but to probably indicate that a clan steeped in archaic methods , not willing to change and with treachery and greed in play is doomed to be destroyed. Not saying that Aryans dont have treachery among themselves in this story Arbook seems to be the one who has tricks up his sleeve.

I hope they do balance it out..and in hindsight perhaps a better title to my first topic would have been appropriate.

Thanks for this post!

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

It is to be noted that Dravidian clan is still existing and no meaning in saying "beginning for the end of Dravidam. Stop saying this. We proudly mention Dravidam in our national anthem. If we go by British theory (which is a fake one) then yes, Aryans occupied the land of Dravidians and are migrated to the south but not destroyed. They/We can never be destroyed.

Velu Nachiyar was the first woman Dravidian queen to fight against British and to regain her kingdom which she ruled for ten more years. Her period was (1730-1796) much before our famous Jhansi ki Rani (1828-1858).

CV's better balance the clans; otherwise you may lose a loyal viewer.😉

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@Payalj: Well said. Color, living style or the language simply can't divide the people of same origin. That's why British created this policy of Aryan Invasion to say we have different origin. Clever criminal mind.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

A very valid point. I did name my first Topic beginning or r the beginning of an end not to indicate end of Dravidian ( I am a proud Tamilian myself) but to probably indicate that a clan steeped in archaic methods , not willing to change and with treachery and greed in play is doomed to be destroyed. Not saying that Aryans dont have treachery among themselves in this story Arbook seems to be the one who has tricks up his sleeve.

I hope they do balance it out..and in hindsight perhaps a better title to my first topic would have been appropriate.

Thanks for this post!

Welcome dear.
Missed your first post. Will read it.
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 7 years ago
AshtaVasus thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

Yes, exactly. They have to project Dravidians different from Aryans but not as barbarians.

I am Tamil Brahmin. So, I am from mixed clans. Both are great for me. 😊

In Tamil Brahmins, there are sub-sects like Vadama, Vathima, Brahacharnam etc. - based on the origin of our ancestors. There is one sub-sect of Brahmins who migrated from North and mingled with Tamil Brahmins and became Vadama.

Britishers mingled with us and we have Anglo Indians.

Persians are Parsis.

A Super Super Mix of many people from many continents are our Goans.

We are an super-evolved community, with different religion, castes, culture, origin, etc. And still believe in - Unity in Diversity !!!

Just enjoy the Show for what it is. Dont confuse yourself with history.

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajatshweta

In Tamil Brahmins, there are sub-sects like Vadama, Vathima, Brahacharnam etc. - based on the origin of our ancestors. There is one sub-sect of Brahmins who migrated from North and mingled with Tamil Brahmins and became Vadama.

Britishers mingled with us and we have Anglo Indians.

Persians are Parsis.

A Super Super Mix of many people from many continents are our Goans.

We are an super-evolved community, with different religion, castes, culture, origin, etc. And still believe in - Unity in Diversity !!!

Just enjoy the Show for what it is. Dont confuse yourself with history.

What you have written are just Tamil Brahmin iyer subsets. We have iyengar subsets too.
I know the sub classes and will definitely not compare with a frictional story. My original post is of different angle talking about the end of a clan.
I am a Scientist but certainly aware of my country history.
Well you too enjoy this show as we do.
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 7 years ago
AshtaVasus thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I posted my view on a point that was made in your Thread and I have given the Quote too. The comment was also about different clans that exists in our country, but if it did not strike a chord with your thoughts, its ok.
We are all here to share our respective views on the Show and also share a bit of history that each of us know in our specific region. One's profession has nothing to do with their interest or awareness about their history. But your reply sounds too defensive and sounds like a warning. Hence, I would refrain from entering your Thread. Sorry if I stepped on your toes my dear.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajatshweta

I posted my view on a point that was made in your Thread and I have given the Quote too. The comment was also about different clans that exists in our country, but if it did not strike a chord with your thoughts, its ok.
We are all here to share our respective views on the Show and also share a bit of history that each of us know in our specific region. One's profession has nothing to do with their interest or awareness about their history. But your reply sounds too defensive and sounds like a warning. Hence, I would refrain from entering your Thread. Sorry if I stepped on your toes my dear.

Well your last line of previous post was more of advice rather than sharing of knowledge, so I replied in the same manner. It's not a warning. I mentioned my field just to highlight the fact whoever we are we know our history. So there is no point in teaching unity in diversity. It is not my private forum or my private thread anyone can make their point with respect.