Important points to ponder

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

It is to be noted that Dravidian clan is still existing and no meaning in saying "beginning for the end of Dravidam. Stop saying this. We proudly mention Dravidam in our national anthem. If we go by British theory (which is a fake one) then yes, Aryans occupied the land of Dravidians and are migrated to the south but not destroyed. They/We can never be destroyed.

Velu Nachiyar was the first woman Dravidian queen to fight against British and to regain her kingdom which she ruled for ten more years. Her period was (1730-1796) much before our famous Jhansi ki Rani (1828-1858).

CV's better balance the clans; otherwise you may lose a loyal viewer.😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't think CVS mean that the Dravidians will be destroyed. I think they have been referring to dravidgam which a kingdom in the story.
Even during devsena's coronation ceremony, they had shown that felicitations had been received from the southern kings and artists had come from there.

Also I don't think there is anything historical about the show as the latest research says that Aryans came around 300 years after the Harappan civilisation had ended
Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

I don't think CVS mean that the Dravidians will be destroyed. I think they have been referring to dravidgam which a kingdom in the story.

Even during devsena's coronation ceremony, they had shown that felicitations had been received from the southern kings and artists had come from there.

Also I don't think there is anything historical about the show as the latest research says that Aryans came around 300 years after the Harappan civilisation had ended

I get your point Payal, even though this is a fictional story it is based on two real clans which have differences by all means. Its better to avoid the statement like "the end of dravidam begins". It is not needed, they can better use different statements pointing only the kingdom.

Most of the names in dravidian kingdom are very much relatable and the words are Tamil. So CV"s should be very careful in dialogues.

@bold: Even this is still debatable. Aryans are not invaders.
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

I get your point Payal, even though this is a fictional story it is based on two real clans which have differences by all means. Its better to avoid the statement like "the end of dravidam begins". It is not needed, they can better use different statements pointing only the kingdom.

Most of the names in dravidian kingdom are very much relatable and the words are Tamil. So CV"s should be very careful in dialogues.

@bold: Even this is still debatable. Aryans are not invaders.

In addition to words they are showing Dravidians in a bad light. I am a Punjabi and typical Aryan but even I am finding the depiction of Dravidians highly objectionable and incorrect.

Even if they wanted to show that a major reason of downfall was infighting and rigidity, why show so much cruelty. These are two exclusive issues
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

In addition to words they are showing Dravidians in a bad light. I am a Punjabi and typical Aryan but even I am finding the depiction of Dravidians highly objectionable and incorrect.

Even if they wanted to show that a major reason of downfall was infighting and rigidity, why show so much cruelty. These are two exclusive issues

Yes, exactly. They have to project Dravidians different from Aryans but not as barbarians.

I am Tamil Brahmin. So, I am from mixed clans. Both are great for me. 😊
Dreamful thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
As far as I know, the Aryans are native to north India and never migrated from anywhere else. The story of this show is really fascinating and interesting, though I think it is fantasy and not historical. It is rare that I got so immersed in a serial so fast, every single episode is so exciting and well made 😊
486792 thumbnail
This is a point which the makers have to take care of Ramya.
I am glad you raised it.Dravidians are far from being over.They will never be over.It would have made more sense if they had said that our rule over this kingdom might get over.
More than that I would have preferred if they had just given fictional imaginary names to both the clans instead of calling them Aryans and Dravidians.Apart from this everything else is great about the show.

BTW I am an Odia from Eastern India.From whom are Bengalis and Odias descended from ??Aryan or Dravidian??
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 7 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamful

As far as I know, the Aryans are native to north India and never migrated from anywhere else. The story of this show is really fascinating and interesting, though I think it is fantasy and not historical. It is rare that I got so immersed in a serial so fast, every single episode is so exciting and well made 😊

Yes, we know that Aryan invasion theory was created by British for divide and conquer policy.

Story has nothing to do exactly with history but its like one beautiful story of chola king called Ponniyin Selvan in Tamil. I don't know whether you heard about it. Many characters in the story are fictional but connected well with the real Chola regime.

This story reminds me of that master piece by Kalki.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

This is a point which the makers have to take care of Ramya.

I am glad you raised it.Dravidians are far from being over.They will never be over.It would have made more sense if they had said that our rule over this kingdom might get over.
More than that I would have preferred if they had just given fictional imaginary names to both the clans instead of calling them Aryans and Dravidians.Apart from this everything else is great about the show.

BTW I am an Odia from Eastern India.From whom are Bengalis and Odias descended from ??Aryan or Dravidian??

@bold: Yes, this is my thought.
@blue: Well, no second opinion on this 😊

Well, as far as I know Odia are also Dravidians, later on mixed with Aryans.
Dreamful thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

Yes, we know that Aryan invasion theory was created by British for divide and conquer policy.

Story has nothing to do exactly with history but its like one beautiful story of chola king called Ponniyin Selvan in Tamil. I don't know whether you heard about it. Many characters in the story are fictional but connected well with the real Chola regime.

This story reminds me of that master piece by Kalki.

Yes I think so too, as far as I know there is no evidence for an Aryan invasion and I think these theories were made up during colonial times. I agree with you. I think the terms Aryan and Dravidian today concern languages and language groups more than anything else.

Actually I did not know the story of Ponniyin Selvan, thanks for informing me about it 😊 The Chola dynasty is very important and maybe Aarambh got inspiration from there. There are some historical elements in this show I think, despite being fantasy mostly.