Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Agree that devsena is being portrayed in a very negative fashion. But if one looks closely, she is the product of the brutal Dravidian society and as we all know we are a product of our environment.

Devsena since her childhood has known only cruelty. Add to it deception which is considered de riguer by them and we have the unlikable and unadmirable combination standing before us.

Varundev on the other hand has learnt compassion and righteousness from his parents.

In fact what started as the greatest Dravidian strength that is matriarchy, ultimately became their greatest weakness and cause of downfall.

Because in the long run, in order to prove women superior, they ended up stripping them of their core competency and strength that is love, sensitivity and compassion. The effect is visible on their current generations, one of whom is Devsena.

Very well said!
For a change.. would love to see a good ML bringing a change in greyish FL in this tv show!
Majaan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Devsena is flawed but she is like that. It is not mendatory that two warriors of opposite parties who fall in love with each other should be best in characters specially the FL. Never saw such a Princess with grey shades in india televisin history. Her journey to maturity and realisation of the FLAWS that she and her kingdom posesses will be great to watch if that happens.
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Extremely sorry for the late replies , Saturday Sunday net was down due to BSNL broadband fiasco . N during weekdays I:m mostly busy in work , studies and IPK3 forum .
Thank you every one for your valuable inputs , I've greatly enjoyed reading them, I'll answer them one by one tonight.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
While I agree that Devsena has a lot to do to better herself but I think the CVs are doing fine with the character. I feel it is okay to see this character make her mistakes and misjudgements and learn from them.

Plus, Hahuma rightly predicted that Avarmudan would be a danger to Devsena. And this is that danger. Having to execute her father by her own hands is an awful act; and such an act is bound to have some negative consequences on her psyche. It's no wonder that she is reacting rashly with the sole purpose of carrying out her vengeance. But yes, at some point later, as the story and situations progress, she needs to see that the root cause was the rule of her kingdom, and being the queen she needs to work on these issues.