A show tried harder to show equality but end up worser than the misogy

AdityaK thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Aarambh show writer tried to show both Patriarchy and Matriarchy but end up the Martichay side of story more OTT and heavily bised ...
1. In Dravid rajya the power is in hand of woman ...OK but they need a male to take care of kingdom...after all without a man kingdom can never run
2.Here Woman enjoy lots of respect and power but when it comes to responsibility its always a man who will take the responsiblity of defeat , insult ,abuse and end of the day death .The senapati is female but she will not fight in war directly but only appear when she has to kill somebody ...other day she will keep ploating like a Typical woman..
3.Constantly calling MAHARANI PATI ..lol ... have you heard calling RAJA patni to any RANI ...
4.The so called MAHARANIPATI Asking there solider (MALE solider ) to fight for the Pride of there wife ...lol...too much yar..
5.A daughter (female protagonist) killing her father ...I mean even in the worst misogynist society never ever a Male protagonist ( I am not talking about a villain) has killed his mother in the name of some rule ...
NOTE- Thank god it is just a fiction writing because if it will true in real life then it will OK to have a misogyny society than a misoandry society because in Misogyny society we have at least respect for our mother but in misandry society no one care for even there father ...In Misogyny society Men are reposible for there action and consequences but in misandry society like this female are responsible for their action but consequences will faced by man always whether to fight a war to get a death penalty ...
PS- I wish society to be judgmental on the basis of the action not gender ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

486792 thumbnail
I will try to address all your grievances in the most unbiased manner.😊
1.Dravidians need a man to run the kingdom?? Where was it mentioned?? Arvamadhan was helping to run the kingdom till Devsena comes of age.Even then he didn't have a powerful position.It was Dayalini who had it as the Deputy Queen.
Even in England,Elizabeth II is the Monarch while her husband Philip still bears the title of Prince.

2.When it comes to taking the responsibility of victory and defeat then every soldier is equally responsible.Be it a man or a woman.Dravidians had requited soldiers from both the genders in their army.Had a female soldier witnessed that event then she would have faced punishment too.
Thangam is a ruthless and cunning woman.But that is not because she is a woman but because ruthlessness and cunningness are human tendencies.Any human being can possess them.Be it a man or a woman.

3.What on earth is wrong in addressing Arvamadhan as Maharanipati?? He is Chamundi's husband so he gets addresses by her name.
Today women are addressed by their husband's name like Mrs Ram Sharma or Mrs Shyam Verma.If there isn't anything wrong with that then why should there be any problem with Arvamadhan being addressed by his wife's name???

4.What is so funny about asking a soldier to fight for his wife's honour?? Women are expected to make their husbands and fathers proud.So shouldn't the same thing be expected from men??

5.Okay so you have a problem with a daughter killing her father.
Let me tell you about one small example from our own mythology.Lord Parshuram,the 6th avatar of Lord Vishnu had beheaded his mother Renuka on the orders of his father Jamadagni because Renuka was attracted to another man.Here Devsena executed her father in order to protect his honour.
You say that daughters don't respect their fathers?? So what should have Devsena done?? Watched her father being humiliated in front of everyone and dying?? No.Instead she chose to give him an honourable death with his dignity intact.She knew that it would break her soul but she did it nevertheless.

And I would like to clarify the meanings of certain terms you have used.

Misogyny-dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

Misandry-dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).

In this show the two societies are not Misogynist and Misandrist.These two societies are patriarchal and matriarchal.Neither do the Aryans hate women nor do the Dravdians hate men.But its about who holds the reigns of power in these respective societies.Just like a man cannot become a king in the Dravidian society,a woman cannot become a Sabhasad in the Aryan clan.But that doesn't mean these two clans are anti men and anti women.
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 7 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They are showing Dravudians as the rulars. The so called civilised society of that time
But can what happened in 8th july episose be called civilised??

Ulrimately its coming accross that Aryans are more civilused

I dont know maybe thats what they want to show?

Mercy is the best vertue a person can show and Devsena wantz to avenge a person who showed mercy?

Kill your own father and then revenge against a person who gave him water. Like wow!

I can understand they have an uncivilised law but i was expecting Devsena to atleast speak up against it
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NandiniRaizadaa

They are showing Dravudians as the rulars. The so called civilised society of that time

But can what happened in 8th july episose be called civilised??

Ulrimately its coming accross that Aryans are more civilused

I dont know maybe thats what they want to show?

Mercy is the best vertue a person can show and Devsena wantz to avenge a person who showed mercy?

Kill your own father and then revenge against a person who gave him water. Like wow!

I can understand they have an uncivilised law but i was expecting Devsena to atleast speak up against it

I agree with you on this matter.
Yesterday's episode showed a brutal and inhuman side of the Dravidian society.
Mercy which is the greatest virtue of all is regarded as in insult in their society.

As I have always said excess of anything is wrong.Be it patriarchy or matriarchy.But then inhuman behaviour is never ever justificable in any form of society.
Perhaps the makers wish to show that when one set of rules become rigid and stagnant then it's high time for the rules to be broken and a new system to be created.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

I agree with you on this matter.

Yesterday's episode showed a brutal and inhuman side of the Dravidian society.
Mercy which is the greatest virtue of all is regarded as in insult in their society.

As I have always said excess of anything is wrong.Be it patriarchy or matriarchy.But then inhuman behaviour is never ever justificable in any form of society.
Perhaps the makers wish to show that when one set of rules become rigid and stagnant then it's high time for the rules to be broken and a new system to be created.

Yeah i agree

Historically speaking brutal laws havd led to downfall of societies. Be it the French Revolution or the American civil war

May be the makers want to bring out this aa a reason for the downfall of the Dravidian rule and establishment of ancient Aryavrat

But i just expected devsena to have some words for such a law
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Devsena acknowledged that the law was abhorrent and unjust. She even beseeched Hahuma but then had to bow down before the law of the land as there was no other recourse. Arvamadhan in order to protect her a nd her right to throne had also agreed to his so called crime.
Regarding her wanting to punish Varun Dev, at that point of time she was very disturbed as she had been forced to kill her father to protect his dignity. She had been forced to give the ultimate sacrifice and therefore it was natural for her not to be able to think clearly and to hate the cause of her father's death.

I am sure they will show her foregoing her revenge in future as she realises that Varun Dev was neither wrong nor the cause of what transpired
AdityaK thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

I will try to address all your grievances in the most unbiased manner.😊

1.Dravidians need a man to run the kingdom?? Where was it mentioned?? Arvamadhan was helping to run the kingdom till Devsena comes of age.Even then he didn't have a powerful position.It was Dayalini who had it as the Deputy Queen.
Even in England,Elizabeth II is the Monarch while her husband Philip still bears the title of Prince.(Exactally he didn't have much power, dylini is a deputy queen so why didn't she fought the war from front ...or writer want to show a powerful woman society but end of the day shileded by Machonism of Man )

2.When it comes to taking the responsibility of victory and defeat then every soldier is equally responsible.Be it a man or a woman.Dravidians had requited soldiers from both the genders in their army.Had a female soldier witnessed that event then she would have faced punishment too. (I will edit this line after Dylini and Thangam or any other female solider will excicuted by same ruthless and insulted way for plotting against the kingdom ...I hope writer will don't change the way of writing .
Thangam is a ruthless and cunning woman.But that is not because she is a woman but because ruthlessness and cunningness are human tendencies.Any human being can possess them.Be it a man or a woman.( Ofcource you are right but I will love to see her fighting with some top Aryan fighter head to head ...

3.What on earth is wrong in addressing Arvamadhan as Maharanipati?? He is Chamundi's husband so he gets addresses by her name.( You are comparing Modern scario with old one ..and common people with royal one have you heard that Prince Phillip has been addressed as Queen's husband on public platform .. And I have not much problem with calling him Maharanipati but every bloody time it makes the sound cringy
Today women are addressed by their husband's name like Mrs Ram Sharma or Mrs Shyam Verma.If there isn't anything wrong with that then why should there be any problem with Arvamadhan being addressed by his wife's name???

4.What is so funny about asking a soldier to fight for his wife's honour?? Women are expected to make their husbands and fathers proud.So shouldn't the same thing be expected from men?? (Yes they are expected to make their father husband proud but they are not supposed to fight for the pride of their husband in the war .. everyone fouth in the war for the pride of their motherland example Rani laxmibai, Razia Sultan , Queen Chitrangada of Mahabharata etc ..

5.Okay so you have a problem with a daughter killing her father.
Let me tell you about one small example from our own mythology.Lord Parshuram,the 6th avatar of Lord Vishnu had beheaded his mother Renuka on the orders of his fatherJamadagni because Renuka was attracted to another man.Here Devsena executed her father in order to protect his honour (You said it by yourself Prasauram was god not a common man and he was not a king , He also trik his father to get the life of his mother back ...so if you want to compare give some good example of Any good king who justify killing his mother
You say that daughters don't respect their fathers?? So what should have Devsena done?? Watched her father being humiliated in front of everyone and dying?? No.Instead she chose to give him an honourable death with his dignity intact.She knew that it would break her soul but she did it nevertheless ( I expected her to fight for her father the way any Prince would have fought for her mother..She killed her own father ya with lot of so called justification .. but end of the day she got her thorne and that poor soul died without any of his fault ...and now so called powerful queen will take revenge from a guy(varundev) who just shows human value against those who killed his father Inhumanly , I hope before kill ing her father she would have shown some nerve and revolt against the rule .At most both of them would have died fighting and got a respectful death

And I would like to clarify the meanings of certain terms you have used.

Misogyny-dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

Misandry-dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).

In this show the two societies are not Misogynist and Misandrist.These two societies are patriarchal and matriarchal.Neither do the Aryans hate women nor do the Dravdians hate men.But its about who holds the reigns of power in these respective societies.Just like a man cannot become a king in the Dravidian society,a woman cannot become a Sabhasad in the Aryan clan.But that doesn't mean these two clans are anti men and anti women Well logically you are correct but I guess you don't watch TV debate on woman empowerment in any national or International television where the self proclaimed feminist constantly relate mysogymi and Patriarchy Any way I will repeat the same line Even the patriarchal society or misogyny whatever you call ..respect their mother more then any thing

NOTE- Actually These cringy lines and Illogical writing will decrease the TRP more because Those people who have some logic will stop watching the show after some episode because this show is not any better than Gopi bahu and pragya bahu shows ...it just interchanges man and woman from those SAAS BAHU serial ...
Anyway thank you for reading it ...

486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdityaK

NOTE- Actually These cringy lines and Illogical writing will decrease the TRP more because Those people who have some logic will stop watching the show after some episode because this show is not any better than Gopi bahu and pragya bahu shows ...it just interchanges man and woman from those SAAS BAHU serial ...
Anyway thank you for reading it ...

Okay let's forget modern times and consider history then.
Many South Indian kings bore the names of their mothers.For example,Gautamiputra Satkarni,Vashishthiputra Pulumavi,etc.They were addressed by these titles rather than their own names.Apparently then people didn't find it cringe worthy.

@bold,Any Prince would have fought for his mother?? How can you be so damn sure that each and every prince has fought for his mother?? Or perhaps you have seen them in television
Princes in TV series are always portrayed as picture perfect whitewashed characters.
Historically it has been recorded that whenever places have been attacked or are under siege,men have killed their mothers,wives and daughters in order to prevent them from getting raped.

Let's imagine if Devsena's character was a man and he would have been compelled to kill his mother in order to save her honour.
I am sure that character would have been applauded by saying that what a beautiful, flawed character.What a conflicted character,blah,blah,blah🥱How realistic!!
But when Devsena kills her father in order to protect him from getting dishonoured she is inhuman?? I admit she should have fought for him.But just think of it from a realistic POV.One person against the entire society.Has it ever been possible??In a fantasy world where everyone is perfect it might be possible.But here they decided to show a realistic situation with a female protagonist.So she is wrong.
But had it been a male protagonist then it would have been accepted as realism and the character would have been called a flawed character.
But the female protagonist is expected to be snow white and flawless.

OTT and cringeworthy lines??😕 Okay your POV.
TRPs?? Well when have good shows ever got TRPs?? All the TRP toppers are shows like Naagin,Kavach,YHM,SNS.
Frankly I am glad that Aarambh is not in the league of those shows.Its in the league of shows like Everest,POW,Airlines,etc which are finite and away from the TRP race.

In Western shows and movies,flawed female leads like Daenerys,Emily Thorne,Freya,Jamie Moriarty,Cleopatra,Selene etc are applauded.But some of the Indian TRP audience are uncomfortable with the concept of a flawed female protagonist.Because they are so used to the image of a picture perfect woman who can do nothing wrong.This is why a character like Devsena won't be understood by some people.
What she did was wrong.I accept it.And I don't expect her to be perfect.She has many flaws and faults.And I accept the character the way she is.She is not a sadistic monster.She is a conflicted character.If a conflicted male lead can be accepted then I don't see any problem with a female lead.

BreezyBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
As everyone said there are a few more points to add.
Dravidians have some flaws so do Aryans that's when Devsena and our beloved Varundev fall in love and establish a better empire😆

Reading your post I can feel that you can't accept a character like Devsena cause she's not the typical Saas-bahu type, she's strong, fierce and has a lot of flaws in herself (that's her society). You're more inclined towards Pragya, Gopi bahu cause you know they're always perfect😲

But the point is in reality no one is perfect. Indian audience generally can't accept a female lead with flaws.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BreezyBoo

As everyone said there are a few more points to add.

Dravidians have some flaws so do Aryans that's when Devsena and our beloved Varundev fall in love and establish a better empire😆

Reading your post I can feel that you can't accept a character like Devsena cause she's not the typical Saas-bahu type, she's strong, fierce and has a lot of flaws in herself (that's her society). You're more inclined towards Pragya, Gopi bahu cause you know they're always perfect😲

But the point is in reality no one is perfect. Indian audience generally can't accept a female lead with flaws.

@bold - so true! People are so used to seeing these perfectly good female characters (who cry buckets, are mahaan, listen to all nonsense and can fight only the buried-under-make-up vamp). Characters like Devasena are not goody-two-shoes. She is a human with flaws, which makes her more real imo.