Clash of Ideologies and yet...

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Clash of Ideologies and yet...
The main players share similar core ideals.

Matriarchy versus Patriarchy.

I would love to call myself as humanitarian. that means i believe in equal rights for all. Women, men, children, animals, earth.
gender, size, shape and birth shouldn't judge what a person deserves. The attitude, intellect and heart should.
A woman shouldn't stake claim for a throne because she is a woman.
A man shouldn't get a free pass to become a CEO because he is a man.

Eras has changed. but the biases remain. In this world where women are fighting for the basic right to be born, to live and to live with dignity; with all the atrocities of the world perpetuated against this gender to the extent that a headline news of a rape of a child, death of a bride, missing children, trafficking barely affects us anymore. we have gone numb. So the concept of Matriarchy sounds... beautiful.
Yet i believe in equal rights.
I don't want one to be superior to other. Yin beneath Yang. or Yin above Yang. Let there be love and respect for both.

Maybe that's why i loved the main players of Aarambh and their thoughts and ideals this week.

Devasena.
a girl who loved her mother.
and revers her father.
she would rather give up on throne rather than give up on her right to be addressed as 'beti' by her father.
Heart touching. beautiful.

Dravidian - Matriarchy.

VarunDev:

Carving idols of both his parents and giving them a befitting farewell.
Born and raised in a Patriarchy system.. he still loves and respects his mother as much as he does his father.
'why mother?' the guru asks. the thought that woman too deserves her place of respect and honour probably didn't occur to the learned man.
and then this young man answers: 'For my mother was just as brave and noble as my father. She deserves the same respect.'

Aryan - Patriarchy.

Two clashing ideologies... yet acceptance and honoring a very simple truth. Every human deserves to be loved and respected for being who they are... gender is secondary. (so is religion, so is caste, so is creed). if only world understood this simple truth. but then again... Simple things are the most complicated concepts for the world to understand.

Both Devasena and VarunDev honoured this beautiful yet simple truth.

and that makes them so special and unique. No ideology is perfect. but some thoughts are. some hearts are.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnkurBaksi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow u have explained this thought beautifully. U r absolutely ri8, every gender deserves same respect.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Very well said
especially these two lines
A woman shouldn't stake claim for a throne because she is a woman.
A man shouldn't get a free pass to become a CEO because he is a man.

This says it all
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really well said, Nimmi. The matriarchal systems were just as unjust as patriarchal systems. Why a man is better just because he was born a man, and why should a woman be better merely because she is a woman? It's our deeds that define us.

A society should be governed by the equality of chances to fulfill one's potential and not by birth rights. Easy to write such things on a paper, but sometimes, almost impossible, to achieve them in actual life.
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃 😃 Thanks 😃 😃
😃 😃 😳 😳 😃 😃 😳 Great Post And Points - Well Said ! ! 😉 😆 😳 😃 Inequalities Are Present In Both Forms - Whether Matriarch Or Patriarch Custom ! ! 😳 😃 😉 😆 ! ! 😉 😆
😃 😳 😃 😃 😃
Edited by Manzz - 7 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Very well put by you, Nimmi! 👏⭐️
Sumo23 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nimmi as usual loved reading your coherent thoughts.. Beautifully penned..