Deepened rift and color of Red.

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello and welcome back. The story that was left unsaid previously picked its pace to show how swiftly the color red is seeping through the lush green of Dravidgam.

History has it when two factions of power collide with these power factions being both rigid and diametrically opposite the end to one is always the outcome. Today that end was envisaged and laid in motion.

War is an art of deception. Aacharya Chanakya had said that use of chicanery is but an art that most people are unable to deploy; but those who are history remembers them as victors. And chicanery begins when your enemy is the sole reason why you breathe. Today when Varundev proposed that they needed to intimate themselves with their enemy he began his long tryst with the subtle but lethal art of deception. I have said this before that he is but a pawn who has been Queened to become the most powerful player in this game of power. He might take decision as the Sabhasad but his heart always thumps like a soldier -- vigilant and alert to tackle any problem that they might encounter. This makes his deception, his artifice almost terminal for the Dravidians. He is slowly discovering who he truly is. He was always meant to be the leader. And while his sense of identity is now mixed with the one distributed to him as an Aryan, he is slowly charting a course for him and him alone.

So his proposal to send a spy troupe to mainland of Dravidians is accepted but is overtaken by an arrogant Abruk, who believes his successful missions of espionage in the past makes him the best candidate to undertake a mission in the present. He makes it known to Varundev that he thinks not positive of him still and will always be a better Aryaveer than what Varundev is and will be. He takes Ulooka as one of the beast of burdens to further insult the man and perturb Varundev.

They set out to the Dravidian mainland to know who these people actually are. They know they are among the greatest civilization on the earth and to beat the best you need to become the best. And that can happen only when the key weakness is out in the open.

Meanwhile unknown the chathe in air of the surroundings Devsena sets out to practice her craft. Craft of becoming better than what she was yesterday as a warrior. She sees the opportunity and sets out to attack and defeat and conquer. Her eye catches a new set of spears. One that are crafted brilliantly and can boast of damage to the one in line of fire. What she doesn't know is that that it's a deadly trap laid out by her aunt Dayalini and Senanayika Thangam to kill her. The feathers that decorate the spear houses poison to kill the holder of the same. It is the friend of the enemy and murderer of the commander. We see that Devsena meets her first deception but she is unable to recognise the same. While her enemy on the other side is creating a path meandering around the very art, she is unable to detect the stench of the same. This makes her prone to both betrayal and defeat. Hahuma having sensed the change creeping into their world asks Devsena for a difficult feat. To not touch her weapons for next 30 days. The weapons that define Devsena are snatched from her. And Devsena complies.

Here we see a different facet of this young woman. She is not new to making sacrifices even if that years her heart into two. For the betterment of her society and her empire she carries the ultimate bone in her delectable body that of sacrifice. Initially we were introduced to a young girl who was unsure of whom to chose. Her legacy or her heart. Today we have a young woman who is ready to stab her heart and let it bleed if that means strengthening her legacy and the empire that is rightly been addressed as of the greatest.

Dayalini tries to instigate her into breaking her oath by inviting her to a hunt of man-eater tiger. She almost gives in but is timely stopped by Arvamudan. This opens a new loop. Arvamudan is perceptive. He can see and understand the undercurrents that threaten to merge in a wave and wash them away. While he in a subtle manner makes Devsena stand firm on her oath, he doesn't let her know of the art to detect deciet. He is a political creature who knows what to do and when to do the same. But he fails to pass on the same to his daughter who is in dire need of the same. Devsena is no creature of politics. She is the creature of ethics. And while her enemy Varundev is shaping himself to suit the the shift of power of politics she isn't preparing herself for the same.

Nonetheless the tale flows and Abruk along with troupe comprising Ulooka lands in Dravidgam. But his arrogance or his eagerness to belittle Ulooka lands him and his men in the dark alleys if Dravidian dungeons. Ulooka uses his brains and switches position with Abruk to save him and dies at the hand of Thangam who spares no instance to torture him. Abruk is mightily displeased at the turns of events and repents at his actions to Indra. Here the glimpse of Aryan code of conduct and honour is on display. They don't let innocent suffer for their folly. They don't shy away from making ultimate sacrifices and they most certainly don't abandon their will of Aryavart no matter the consequences. Abruk escapes while his men perish.

He returns to Varundev and keeps his promise of guiding him that he gave to Ulooka. Varundev pledges vengeance and making of Aryavart. And it is here that the colour red comes into play. The Aryans and their code of conduct and honour is something that takes me by surprise. Even in fight they want to remain fair. Even in an act of usurping what's not theirs they want to remain just. A paradoxical thought if you ask me but suits them in every sense of the word. They dire and bitter need of survival hasn't turned them into Barbarians, instead it has strengthened their morality and their sense of ethics. Prosperity on the other hand has made Dravidians stagnated with their morality in pieces. Thangam could have employed other tactics to get the truth out of Ulooka but she chose to torture him to a point that he dies. Dayalini could have claimed the throne by proving herself better but she resorted to killing her own niece.

It shows how swiftly and steadily the two clans are evolving and devolving. One has taken adversity to pull itself to a pedestal while the other has allowed the prosperity to hollow their thinking. Amid this the prime representatives of the very opposite thinking -- Devsena and Varundev are struggling to hold it all. Varundev with all his righteousness is engaging in counterfeit while Devsena with all the stagnation of wealth still holds to the thread of righteousness. It won't be long before the two finally fall prey to their own burdens of keeping alive their thoughts and idealogies of their civilization. If previously it was an Aarambh of an impending doom, today it was Aarambh of the clash that would lead to that doom.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BitterBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hey shivani,

I don't know if you will recognized me with my changed username but this is Anki (Vampire-queen) πŸ˜†. It's always treat to read your episodic analysis with such brilliant vocabulary as if everything is happening around just in front of my eyes. I am yet to watch the episodes completely as I was never a lover of Historical drama on small screen. But this show is a fiction in a historical backdrop and I believe there is no chance of butchering the history for TRPs, is what attracted me most!
What most I liked about the show is the unbiased portrayal of the two factions, the dravidians and the Aryans as both value their own code of conduct and I think it will be a real conflict to chose our sides for any of two πŸ˜† as its all exposed for us to chose who's right and who wrong.

Nice post
Edited by Hue.Splash - 7 years ago
486792 thumbnail
Pranaam Pitashree!! As usual you provided a thoughtful and detailed analysis of the episodeπŸ‘πŸ‘
Yes the color which dominated today's episode was red.But I also saw another colour which is rare to find in any show nowadays be it periodic or contemporary.That is grey.In every soap opera the colors which dominate are black and white.If one party is positive then it's mandatory for the other party to be negative.If one is the hero then the other one has to be the villain.
In this matter Aarambh stands apart.It's all subjective.From the Aryan's perspective,the Dravidians are the villains while for the Dravidians it's the Aryans who are the villains.Neither of the two sides are picture perfect.They have their respective flaws.The Aryans are not plunderers or monsters.They live by their code of conduct.They possess humanity.But they wish to capture and claim someone else's home as their's.On the other hand the Dravidians are progressive and worship feminity.Yet their internal politics and lack of unity is what weakens them.Thangam is a Dayalini loyalist.So she embibes Dayalini's ruthlessness and cruelty.

Varundev is a born leader.He is farsighted and foresighted.His plan of sending an envoy of spies would have been successful if it had been formulated and executed properly.The cause for this debacle was Abrook's impulsiveness,overconfidence and superiority complex.Abrook couldn't afford any mistakes in his mission yet it was due to his opinionated treatment of Ulooka that the Aryan party ended up in trouble.He did realise his mistakes and repented.But then it was too late.

For Devsena it was a means to protect her as well as a test of her self control.This is something which all of us have experienced in our lives when we have to sacrifice something we like for a short while in order to achieve a greater goal.For example as kids we had to let go of television and cartoons coz exams were round the corner.Though she was tempted for a while yet she did not break her vow which showed her dedication.

Devsena has a clean and pure heart.When it comes to politics and strategy she still has a long way to go.On the other hand Varundev is a born strategist.This gives him the upper hand over Devsena FTW.

Now let's come to the most complicated mystery of the show aka Arvamadhan.We know that Devsena is at danger from him.But we don't know how?? At first I assumed that he has ulterior motives and wishes to usurp his daughter's throne.But after watching this episode I feel that Arvamadhan is endangering is daughter by keeping her in the dark.As you said he still hasn't taught her the crafty political game which he himself understands so well.I have a theory for this.Maybe Arvamadhan believes that it's this politics which snatched his wife from him.And he doesn't wish to lose his daughter too.Maybe he believes that he is protecting his daughter by keeping her oblivious.Even today we see that some parents do not expose their kids to the harsh realities of the world in a desperate attempt to protect them.But by doing so they make their children even more vulnerable and unprepared.

I remember Devsena's introductory promo which was also Aarambh's very first promo.There it was said that our loved ones can become our greatest strength as well as our greatest weakness.In Devsena's case,her Achilles heel is the person whom she loves the most that is her own father.

Hahuma sensed three dangers for Devsena.Out of them two are immediate.i.e.Dayalini and Varundev while the third one(Arvamadhan) is passive for now.The first Arya-Dravidian war will take place tomorrow.And I assume that since Devsena has sworn not to touch weapons she won't be participating.Therefore it's still a mystery as to how and when our two protagonists and key players will have their first encounter.
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 7 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
@Meself and @BlackSheep
Excellent review of the episode by both of you! ⭐️
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hue.Splash

Hey shivani,

I don't know if you will recognized me with my changed username but this is Anki (Vampire-queen) πŸ˜†. It's always treat to read your episodic analysis with such brilliant vocabulary as if everything is happening around just in front of my eyes. I am yet to watch the episodes completely as I was never a lover of Historical drama on small screen. But this show is a fiction in a historical backdrop and I believe there is no chance of butchering the history for TRPs, is what attracted me most!
What most I liked about the show is the unbiased portrayal of the two factions, the dravidians and the Aryans as both value their own code of conduct and I think it will be a real conflict to chose our sides for any of two πŸ˜† as its all exposed for us to chose who's right and who wrong.

Nice post

Anki???? Meri aankhien kahin mujhe dhokha toh nahi de rahi??? Okay what is it with changing UNs? smh

It's great to see you again, so what's up at your end? Well historicals, I have a penchant for them. Everything even with am iota of history attracts me massively so I just had to be here.πŸ˜†

Well now that you are here, stick around. We'd have fun.

P.S. Where have you been exactly???
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful analysis by you . Devsena's fathers character has everyone intrigued because we all want to know the real motive behind his actions now . I felt bad for ulook , he truly was a men of honour & till his last breath he fulfilled his vow which he took as an aryavrat soldier for ambrook despite all the humiliation by him . The battle lines are drawn & the war will soon begin . I find devasena too innocent, she is brave yet too naive to gauge betrayal around her . That thangama was ruthless in the way she treated ulook . He was a nice human being who didn't deserve this kind of death
BitterBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Meself

Anki???? Meri aankhien kahin mujhe dhokha toh nahi de rahi??? Okay what is it with changing UNs? smh

It's great to see you again, so what's up at your end? Well historicals, I have a penchant for them. Everything even with am iota of history attracts me massively so I just had to be here.πŸ˜†

Well now that you are here, stick around. We'd have fun.

P.S. Where have you been exactly???

Na na behna, tumhari aankho ne sahi penchana πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
These days I am more into photoshop and designs so I found this suitable πŸ˜† I even opened a page on this name in fb too🀣
Nothing much as Arjun forum was the only one I was active. 😳
Hmm this explains the sig in your dabba. Draupadi right? SP?
Yeah I am hoping to be regular hereπŸ˜›.
Was busy with entrance exams, study and stuff. That's been my life. πŸ˜ƒ