Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 days ago

...........he's the villain in Abhira's life.

Honestly I have stopped watching the show but I did watch last couple of episodes to witness the hall drama and contract marriage reveal. And boy oh boy, am I disappointed in Armaan sa? That would be an understatement of the century. 

Earlier I had issues with his looks only coz they suddenly made a 30 y/o guy look like a 40 y/o man. Gave him those grandfather specs and a boring personality from the playful and vulnerable personality he had before. But these past few episodes I realised that his acting is so bland and mediocre as well that adds to the lost charm. Again, this isn't a comparison post with the previous actor, but the reason I always felt bad for Armaan despite him being a spineless loser in the past was his VULNERABLE EYES and his equation with Abhira that had evolved into a genuine friendship over these months. The writers and the actor took out these two most important things from Armaan's character and I see no reason to root for him anymore because he just comes across as a selfish and vile person right now. 

In that court case track, where Abhira was genuinely in the wrong and was snooping around reading evidence , Armaan's outburst and everything was very harsh (even though it was justified unlike now) , but there was an underlying softness and care for Abhira which has vanished now. AbhiMaan ship was doomed from the beginning because this show is a remake of an already bad show, but the chemistry, the vulnerability and the innocence of both Armaan and Abhira drew me and many others to this ship despite knowing the end. Right now, there is neither any chemistry, nor any vulnerability to justify whatever is happening in the show.

Rohit Purohit might be a very seasoned actor and miles ahead of Shehzada in acting, but he isn't able to portray Armaan the way he should be. He would better suit a character like Mr. Bajaj or Jai Walia (older matured men with grey shades) than a spineless goofball like Armaan. You can't tell me that Armaan was always supposed to be a cold and expressionless dude with a "matured" outlook coz during the very initial days they gave goofy scenes like helium balloon song and banter with Abhira to him. If the connection we felt with Armaan was only due to fake glycerine filled eyes and poor acting by Shehzada , then I don't know what to say. So basically we are saying that Armaan was always supposed to be hated coz of his spinelessness and selfishness , but due to bad acting by previous actor we ended up rooting for the character and the jodi?smiley39 

I feel bad that the character I once defended and rooted for to gain a spine has become such a mug now. I actually thought it would be Abhira's journey to become independent and Armaan's journey to gain a spine with her help. And they seemed to be on track with that until 19th March happened........

RS messed up with the casting of new Armaan big time. A like to like replacement of Sheh would have done wonders for him I feel. He will still get 2+ trps coz of all the drama , but online hype has literally died down.

They can revive this show if they show Armaan as a selfish and bad guy (Rohit would nail that I feel) and get a young and strong AA for Abhira. 

P.S. This isn't a comparison post or to degrade the new hero. Just venting out my frustration with regards to how they messed up everything.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jhanak1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Befikre

...........he's the villain in Abhira's life.

Honestly I have stopped watching the show but I did watch last couple of episodes to witness the hall drama and contract marriage reveal. And boy oh boy, am I disappointed in Armaan sa? That would be an understatement of the century. 

Earlier I had issues with his looks only coz they suddenly made a 30 y/o guy look like a 40 y/o man. Gave him those grandfather specs and a boring personality from the playful and vulnerable personality he had before. But these past few episodes I realised that his acting is so bland and mediocre as well that adds to the lost charm. Again, this isn't a comparison post with the previous actor, but the reason I always felt bad for Armaan despite him being a spineless loser in the past was his VULNERABLE EYES and his equation with Abhira that had evolved into a genuine friendship over these months. The writers and the actor took out these two most important things from Armaan's character and I see no reason to root for him anymore because he just comes across as a selfish and vile person right now. 

In that court case track, where Abhira was genuinely in the wrong and was snooping around reading evidence , Armaan's outburst and everything was very harsh (even though it was justified unlike now) , but there was an underlying softness and care for Abhira which has vanished now. AbhiMaan ship was doomed from the beginning because this show is a remake of an already bad show, but the chemistry, the vulnerability and the innocence of both Armaan and Abhira drew me and many others to this ship despite knowing the end. Right now, there is neither any chemistry, nor any vulnerability to justify whatever is happening in the show.

Rohit Purohit might be a very seasoned actor and miles ahead of Shehzada in acting, but he isn't able to portray Armaan the way he should be. He would better suit a character like Mr. Bajaj or Jai Walia (older matured men with grey shades) than a spineless goofball like Armaan. You can't tell me that Armaan was always supposed to be a cold and expressionless dude with a "matured" outlook coz during the very initial days they gave goofy scenes like helium balloon song and banter with Abhira to him. If the connection we felt with Armaan was only due to fake glycerine filled eyes and poor acting by Shehzada , then I don't know what to say. So basically we are saying that Armaan was always supposed to be hated coz of his spinelessness and selfishness , but due to bad acting by previous actor we ended up rooting for the character and the jodi?smiley39 

I feel bad that the character I once defended and rooted for to gain a spine has become such a mug now. I actually thought it would be Abhira's journey to become independent and Armaan's journey to gain a spine with her help. And they seemed to be on track with that until 19th March happened........

RS messed up with the casting of new Armaan big time. A like to like replacement of Sheh would have done wonders for him I feel. He will still get 2+ trps coz of all the drama , but online hype has literally died down.

They can revive this show if they show Armaan as a selfish and bad guy (Rohit would nail that I feel) and get a young and strong AA for Abhira. 

P.S. This isn't a comparison post or to degrade the new hero. Just venting out my frustration with regards to how they messed up everything.

I felt that too there is a 360 turn in Armaan character and abhimaan relationship... 

Let see how makers handle this ....but slowly and steadily audience start to feel that tooo and they losse audience....

aaf311 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Team Sharmas

Have to agree with you. I feel like both Armaan and Ruhi have both lost the innocence they once exuded. 

The current Armaan is not who he was. They've ruined Armaan's character. He's now a shell of himself. Dk if that has to do with acting or the plot tho

Could be that the writers know that Rohit can't pull off the innocent, bechara sa look that Sheh had so they've turned him stone-hearted

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jhanak1234

I felt that too there is a 360 turn in Armaan character and abhimaan relationship... 

Let see how makers handle this ....but slowly and steadily audience start to feel that tooo and they losse audience....

I don't know if they would lose any trp audience because trp aunties hardly care about actors or characterization. They only care about drama and dhum tana na na moments which this show is providing right now, so the trps should ideally increase and go to 2.2/2.3 levels. 

But the online fans and hype has died down. Can make out from insta. The edits are still of old couple. 

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaf311

Have to agree with you. I feel like both Armaan and Ruhi have both lost the innocence they once exuded

The current Armaan is not who he was. They've ruined Armaan's character. He's now a shell of himself. Dk if that has to do with acting or the plot tho

Could be that the writers know that Rohit can't pull off the innocent, bechara sa look that Sheh had so they've turned him stone-hearted

@bold - Completely agree. They are like two completely different people. No connection with old ones whatsoever. 

@pink - I feel it's both. The actor isn't good with soft acting, so writers did a 360° on his character. 

Lifegoesono7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Can't agree more with you!! I feel the same... 

I mean it's difficult to imagine new Armaan doing scenes like the helium balloon one or that dance they performed on bed... Watching Sheh's armaan was a complete different experience than RoPu's armaan, abhimaan banter was something that drove me to watch yeh rishta... 

Even watching Prat's ruhi felt like she is being wronged sometimes but garv's ruhi looks like a vamp who intentionally does things and then shows concern. 

After cast change it feels like the story has been changed 

Edited by Tanishao7 - 18 days ago
Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanishao7

Can't agree more with you!! I feel the same... 

I mean it's difficult to imagine new Armaan doing scenes like the helium balloon one or that dance they performed on bed... Watching Sheh's armaan was a complete different experience than RoPu's armaan, abhimaan banter was something that drove me to watch yeh rishta... 

Even watching Prat's ruhi felt like she is being wronged sometimes but garv's ruhi looks like a vamp who intentionally does things and then shows concern. 

After cast change it feels like the story has been changed 

@bold - I don't know if it was bad acting from previous actor, but I liked what I watched in these 5 months smiley36

Those helium balloon scenes and matargasti sequence etc were written by writers to show Armaan as a playful goofy person. They changed him completely. It's disappointing. 

Pratz - At least she provided harmless funny memes before. Current Ruhi just exists. 

Lifegoesono7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Befikre

@bold - I don't know if it was bad acting from previous actor, but I liked what I watched in these 5 months smiley36

Those helium balloon scenes and matargasti sequence etc were written by writers to show Armaan as a playful goofy person. They changed him completely. It's disappointing. 

Pratz - At least she provided harmless funny memes before. Current Ruhi just exists. 

Yeah, they destroyed the couple. Atleast previous actor used to give some expression instead of standing like a statue. 

Edited by Tanishao7 - 18 days ago

I agree with you on this. 

also, the TRP factor has made the pressure go up like crazy. The writing is inconsistent and boring. 

I still cant understand  why RP isn't doing justice to armaan...its been a month ... his acting is not impressive at all..always confused face irrespective of situation..

Or is it a conscious decision by makers to erase earlier image of armaan I don't know..