anonymous1975 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

I'm enjoying this season more than last 2 because all the contestants are very good and because:

1. There is no Aditya, Hussain is a breath of fresh air and doing a good job hosting

2. New judges

3. No ridiculous, forced, fake love stories and not too many sob stories! There is more focus on singing this time I think.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

I totally agree! smiley1Im enjoying this season. smiley20

Except for the fact that I cant stand that Kapoor jerk. smiley12

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

i hardly find 2-4 contestants good..

im watching this season because finally there are sensible judges and of course hussein smiley4 he's the real host of this show smiley27 otherwise most of the contestants are useless.. I miss indian idol 10 contestants Ankush, Vibhor and neelanjana

Edited by MasoomaBukhari - 3 months ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think almost every season we say the that this season is the best, but the next season our mind changes!!

In my opinion, I don’t think this season is as good as some of the other seasons. This season has 3-5 good singers and that’s it.

IbuHatela thumbnail

I've said this many times before, but this season is on pace to be the best non-kids season of any singing show I've seen several years, maybe a decade if not longer. The judges are fantastic. Sanu da being there makes every show feel better. Shreya is the perfect female judge. Vishal as  #3 is the perfect fit for him, whereas he's the least annoying judge when you had the dreaded Neha/HR combo. Hussain is vastly better than Aditya at everything. His humor, even when it's corny, still works and is never unbearable. The singling talent is mostly awesome. Anjana and Adya are the two I like the least of the remaining contestants, but even they are better than the bottom 5 of pretty much every season of Idol/SRGMP in a long time. The vibes are mostly great. The guests are having more fun than ever, but are never over the top. 

Whereas SRGMP had its worst season in a long, long time, Idol is having the renaissance it needed and nobody saw coming. Even if the magic of the auditions and theatre rounds hasn't crossed in its entirety, it's still 70-75% there, despite crossing 30 episodes so far. I love this season, even if it is time to end it within a month or so. I hope the show continues to be good the rest of the season, and that the winner is a sensible one, since even bad seasons of shows tend to get the winners right. If they can do that this year, it will go down as the best season of the decade for me, for both Idol and SRGMP. 

IbuHatela thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

I think almost every season we say the that this season is the best, but the next season our mind changes!!

I disagree. Maybe early on people liked the last few seasons, but that tone shifted quickly Last year, most people were either negative or complacent about their thoughts on the show over the final months of the season. There were flat/disappointing performances all the time. Rishi was getting trashed almost every week on here, kept underperforming and it never mattered because everyone knew he was winning. Bidipta was hit or miss past the midway point, often miss. Chirag finished third somehow. Deboshmita was liked well here, but her personality and singing was like paint drying for me. Sonakshi and Shivam were the two consistent finalists, and they finished fifth and sixth. The season peaked midway and the end results were a dumpster fire. 

The Pawandeep/Arunita season started better than last season, but it was overbearing as it went on through the pandemic. That season lasted forever, judges were mostly awful except for when Sonu Kakkar showed up later on, drama was over the top and forced, SMP ruined the vibe every week and Sawai finished in 10th place. Don't forget Sahil Solanki being the first elimination, Danish screaming through his songs and other things that hindered the show. My family still brings up how much they hated how downhill that show went after the strong start, even though it ended 2 and a half years ago. 

This season, through 30 episodes, is still very well liked. It's not pristine like during the theater and audition rounds, but it hasn't gone off the rails like the last few seasons either. No forced drama, no Kakkar or HR to spoil the show, no Aditya to kill the vibes. Some silliness here and there, but nothing overboard. And it's likely to end in a month or so, so it's doubtful that the show will fall off the rails either. 

Originally posted by: Raina101

In my opinion, I don’t think this season is as good as some of the other seasons. This season has 3-5 good singers and that’s it.

I already addressed this season compared to some of the previous seasons, but I disagree with your final sentence too. From this season, Ananya, Pyush, Menuka, Utkarsh and Subhodeep are beloved. They not only excel at their main types of singing, but are also able to do well with other genres and speeds of songs. Same with Vaibhav. Muskan and Mahima were both pretty good, especially Muskan, but it was their time to go.  Dipan and Obom are inconsistent, but Dipan is usually quite good and Obom can be great when he's in his element. Anjana and Adya are the two least liked on here, but even they have their good days. 

This season doesn't have 3-5 good singers. It has 3-5 great singers in my opinion, and others who are able to lift themselves to that level on occasion. When you add in the quality of the judges, Hussain as the host and the lack of ultra-cringe bs like what you had in recent years, I think this is the best season they've produced in forever. 

I don't know why I typed out so much, but this season has been so good in my opinion and I feel strongly about it. 😂 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IbuHatela

I disagree. Maybe early on people liked the last few seasons, but that tone shifted quickly Last year, most people were either negative or complacent about their thoughts on the show over the final months of the season. There were flat/disappointing performances all the time. Rishi was getting trashed almost every week on here, kept underperforming and it never mattered because everyone knew he was winning. Bidipta was hit or miss past the midway point, often miss. Chirag finished third somehow. Deboshmita was liked well here, but her personality and singing was like paint drying for me. Sonakshi and Shivam were the two consistent finalists, and they finished fifth and sixth. The season peaked midway and the end results were a dumpster fire. 

The Pawandeep/Arunita season started better than last season, but it was overbearing as it went on through the pandemic. That season lasted forever, judges were mostly awful except for when Sonu Kakkar showed up later on, drama was over the top and forced, SMP ruined the vibe every week and Sawai finished in 10th place. Don't forget Sahil Solanki being the first elimination, Danish screaming through his songs and other things that hindered the show. My family still brings up how much they hated how downhill that show went after the strong start, even though it ended 2 and a half years ago. 

This season, through 30 episodes, is still very well liked. It's not pristine like during the theater and audition rounds, but it hasn't gone off the rails like the last few seasons either. No forced drama, no Kakkar or HR to spoil the show, no Aditya to kill the vibes. Some silliness here and there, but nothing overboard. And it's likely to end in a month or so, so it's doubtful that the show will fall off the rails either. 

I already addressed this season compared to some of the previous seasons, but I disagree with your final sentence too. From this season, Ananya, Pyush, Menuka, Utkarsh and Subhodeep are beloved. They not only excel at their main types of singing, but are also able to do well with other genres and speeds of songs. Same with Vaibhav. Muskan and Mahima were both pretty good, especially Muskan, but it was their time to go.  Dipan and Obom are inconsistent, but Dipan is usually quite good and Obom can be great when he's in his element. Anjana and Adya are the two least liked on here, but even they have their good days. 

This season doesn't have 3-5 good singers. It has 3-5 great singers in my opinion, and others who are able to lift themselves to that level on occasion. When you add in the quality of the judges, Hussain as the host and the lack of ultra-cringe bs like what you had in recent years, I think this is the best season they've produced in forever. 

I don't know why I typed out so much, but this season has been so good in my opinion and I feel strongly about it. 😂 

I think the last good season I watched was the one Revanth one - there were 1-2 not worthy singers (Manya and Khudabaksh from the top of my head), but overall they had good quality 

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Honestly I love this season due to the judges! Shreya is just incredible and I love that she’s there! I hope they keep her for the upcoming seasons same with Sanu da even Vishal seems more excited this season than last ones. As for contestants I still don’t have a flat out fave like I did in years past(Ananya is a front runner but if glad forbid she’s eliminated then I wouldn’t be too upset) the season before I liked as well but Sonakshi deserved to win that season instead of Rishi (whom I liked a lot) and I was mega pissed that Senjuti was eliminated so early she deserved top 3!. I was also majorly pissed with Pawandeep won because Arunita deserved to win so much! smiley7

Overall I also like that despite them having sob stories this season they’re not cashing on them and any cringey love stories.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This season we have more good singers than usual top 2-3 singers only. Everyone has brought something good to the table. I have & am enjoying this season completely. I have been watching singing shows since 90s when Sonu was hosting SRGM. Rest is history. 

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

First season and singing show in past 10 years - I am watching every bit of it - without FFing smiley27

Thank you Idol / Sony for changing the core team!!

All of them have different voice / texture of voice and singing style!

Utkarsh, piyush and subo can pull old melody so gracefully - never had that charisma in previous seasons! 

All of male singers in previous season were or were trying to copy arijit and female singer - shreyasmiley28didn't devlop or had their own voice / style except shivam in last season.

In this season, if I listen with eyes closed, I can feel Rafiji in piyush's voice, Lataji in Menuka, Kishorkumar in utkarsh/subo/dipen, sukhwinder in vaibhav, ashaji/alka ji in ananya smiley27smiley27smiley27

I watched idol's previous seasons too - but would FF most of that over sad dramas and judges/host OTT part - end up watching my favorite singers 3-4 the most.

Edited by A4Anjie - 3 months ago