Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Just_Say_Cheese

So, this is the real story!! Such a tragic life she had

She is 83 now.. It hurts to think girls trafficking exists even today!!!! πŸ˜΅

Wiki says she died in 2008 at 68, 69

Not much info avail about her, no pics except one ftom old age, the one young age pic - not sure it's authentic 

And that Nehru story? No record of that except in that book... Amazing if it's true... She must've been only in her early 20s then... 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Even in the pics posted above, I don't see the resemblance and that Gangu doesn't look like a teen either 

And that's Alia's weakness (and strength too maybe )

Pic baad main li hogi. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

She was?? Then this is perfect.....all the people who are disappointed that Alia is looking like a kid.....well she is looking the part..πŸ˜†

Phir bolte ki she looks too old πŸ˜‚

Anyways, I trust in SLB’s casting. He has an eye for it.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anna143

as much as i hate kangu this role was made for her and she would have killed it

Yep... going by the pic of the real Gangu when se was young there's actually a slight resemblance too...

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago
dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Did people even watch the trailer?πŸ˜† because anyone who has watched the trailer cannot ask for Vidya/Tabu/Madhuri in this roleπŸ˜†

Laugh all you want, but judging by the trailer I think the right thing would have been to cast a different actress as the more mature version of Gangubai. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: dedh

Laugh all you want, but judging by the trailer I think the right thing would have been to cast a different actress as the more mature version of Gangubai. 

I never judge by the trailer.. I don't even intend to watch this video.. But fact remains they needed a young actress because they wanted the same actress to showcase her journey of life.. and none of the names people have been throwing around her can pass do that role

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

I never judge by the trailer.. I don't even intend to watch this video.. But fact remains they needed a young actress because they wanted the same actress to showcase her journey of life.. and none of the names people have been throwing around her can pass do that role

The trailer is enough to notice that she's simply not cutting it as regards the more mature version - both in looks and the way she delivers her dialogue. That's why people commented that she looks like a person who plays dress-up. I don't even care about the names people suggest, and by the way, the fact that there are so few of them only confirms that Bollywood is in serious crisis and needs a revolution if it wants to be relevant again. I'd start with obligatory acting schools and a fully transparent audition process. πŸ˜‰  

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wow!!  Absolutely loved the trailer!

Alia's dialogue delivery is just so good here πŸ‘

I'm so looking forward to this movie.  

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: dedh

The trailer is enough to notice that she's simply not cutting it as regards the more mature version - both in looks and the way she delivers her dialogue. That's why people commented that she looks like a person who plays dress-up. I don't even care about the names people suggest, and by the way, the fact that there are so few of them only confirms that Bollywood is in serious crisis and needs a revolution if it wants to be relevant again. I'd start with obligatory acting schools and a fully transparent audition process. πŸ˜‰  

They're not a taxpayer funded entity. They don't owe transparency or anything else to anyone.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Even in the pics posted above, I don't see the resemblance and that Gangu doesn't look like a teen either 

And that's Alia's weakness (and strength too maybe )

Gangu actually WAS a teen. She was 16.

No one else in Bollywood could've looked the part and played it with conviction.