What's your SPB all time favorite songs?

aadhiya thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Fellow Music Lovers,

My name is Shalini .. I'm new to this forum and I, like my entire family including my 2 young girls are into music. We love all types of songs but SPB's are my daughter Aadhiya's favorite songs. 

I'm glad to see there is a group of likeminded people out there that enjoys music .. it's mind-blowing that it has already passed 1-year of SPB's passing (25th September) .. and I thought to start this thread to remember the legend with some of your favorite SPB's hits. 

My daughter Aadhiya just turned 3-years and she loves the மண்ணில் இந்தக் காதலன்றி , Mannil Intha Kadhal song. She knew the full lyrics of the song when she was in 2+ and finally we thought to take a video of her singing & post it to YouTube ... if you guys are interested check her channel "Aadhiya's World" out ... the channel avatar is the same as my avatar here. 

Now, please do share some of your favorite song of SPB and why you fell in love with the song .. little bit of context will make us all appreciate it more I think :)

Thanks,

Shalini (Aadhiya's Mom)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aadhiya thumbnail

Thanks for replying Pallanguzhi!! 😊

All i can say is you & my hubby will be on the same wavelength if it comes to music!! To tell you the honest truth, I never got hooked to old songs until my husband started playing & explaining some of the lyrics (he’s big into that btw .. lol) and all the songs you said here .. he’s pick .. especially 

Ilaiya Nila Polikirathu .. he sings alot & m daughter now picked the lines on that song now .. they’d do their own duet version .. lol 😊

Let’s see who else got some good suggestions .. loved it! Thanks again!! 

Guys .. anyone else any suggestion? 

aadhiya thumbnail

Indeed old songs have quite a depth to it .. i’m also getting more appreciative of  Kanathasan’s lyrics as well & some of them are very deep.

Thanks for watching my daughter’s video Ravi! Much appreciate your support! She’s 3 years old and talks good tamil & ask always question in understanding new words .. although we’re in Canada, we always encourage & speak to her in Tamil at home. My 2nd daughter Oviya is also picking up fast. 😊

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

"Malare Mounama" and "Ye Divilo Virisina Parijatamo" are my absolute favorites!

aadhiya thumbnail

Didn't know the second song (have to listen now) however the first song definitely we know!! 😊 Too bad I cannot attached sort clips here but my daughter & husbands sing this song in duet mode & this is their favorite line ..  

கனவு கண்டு எந்தன் கண்கள் மூடிக் கிடந்தேன்

காற்றைப் போல வந்து கண்கள் மெல்லத் திறந்தேன் .. 

Aadhiya even makes her own improvisation 😊 it so cute how she sings the lines. 

Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi Shalini, welcome to IF and nice thread! 👏 

Thanks for sharing, will definitely check out your channel. 

Amazing that your daughter is able to appreciate SPB's music at such a young age . She has great taste in music! 👍🏼

So many wonderful songs that I can't seem to pick my favourite. So I have to list my top faves. 😆

Thedum Kann Parvai

Sangeetha Megam

Thenmadhurai Vaigai Nadhi

Anjali Anjali

Mandram Vandha Thendralukku

Ilaya Nila Pozhigirathey

Malare Mounama

Kalyanamaalai Kondadum Penne

I guess why these are my favorites particularly is due to their appealing musical arrangement and the happy memories they remind me about. 😃

Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aadhiya

Thanks for replying Pallanguzhi!! 😊

All i can say is you & my hubby will be on the same wavelength if it comes to music!! To tell you the honest truth, I never got hooked to old songs until my husband started playing & explaining some of the lyrics (he’s big into that btw .. lol) and all the songs you said here .. he’s pick .. especially 

Ilaiya Nila Polikirathu .. he sings alot & m daughter now picked the lines on that song now .. they’d do their own duet version .. lol 😊

Great to hear Shalini! Nice to see more people appreciating the oldies! 

Exactly, one can learn so much from the poetic lines of Tamil songs. It's a very effective medium to grasp the finer nuances of the language.

Managed to view Aadhiya's channel. Wonderful singing, background and conversations played in between. 👏 My regards to your family. 

Ravi