Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago
👍 liked this news ..I like so far Albert and aaroh.

Thanks for the update..will watch at nite..

Edited by kinu17 - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

SRGMP has clearly played their cards well atleast when it comes to talent and singing quality by starting weeks before Indian Idol because the bar is really set high this time when it comes to tonal quality of the singers. Watched the whole grand premeire and there wasn't a single bad or okay or average performance. Every single singer is so trained and is staying true to the show's concept of being an OG voice and that's what I really love about the season this time. Not a single singer is trying to copy any established singer, everybody has their distinguished voice.

Coming to the performances, I think I've expressed enough about the chorus and instrumentals but one arrangement that I REALLY liked was Vijaylakshmi's performance arrangement. It was so smooth, no unnecessary instruments, the taps, the guitars and the singing was so much in sync that the whole performance was a complete package despite VJ's voice shaking a bit in the higher notes continuously. I personally loved Nagin girl (Sorry I am yet to remember the names smiley36) I think she had terrific voice range and stage presence, Albert and from today I really liked Ronita and Sana. I was a bit disappointed with the song they gave to Nishtha. She would've shone much more if it was a female voice song without the voice of the male singer because as soon as the guy started singing in the high range, I just couldn't come back to Nishtha since the guy's voice was so powerful.

But terrific start to the show when it comes to the singing. Hoping we have a good season ahead and that I can stick around beyond a few weeks 🤣

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Albert's performance for this award was below his usual standard. The mix did not work well and he uncharacteristically lost rhythm mid way.
But as a genuine untrained talent whose 1st formal introduction to the intricacies of music started only about a year or so ago he fully deserves this recognition.
I hope he shines more in later performances.

wrongturn722 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Andakadipatta

What is this song they have given Nishtha for Grand Premiere? Yeh koi grand premiere wala gana hai? 🙄

Same I felt for Vastav... Didn't feel like they gave him a song worthy of grand premiere...

But then it also feels like he is selected for the folk part so one thing I feel for sure is they will keep him devoid of OG buzzer saying he's so near and all...

Aaroh was good don't know what they felt missing... 🌝

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Both the episodes were enjoyable.

Top 5 are easily Albert, Abdul, Nishtha, Ronita & Sana. All are outstanding. There is something very unique & refreshing about Sana, though the other two girls are pitch perfect. Albert was superb, better than his Bekhayali. 👍l. Abdul was top botch. 👍

Double B hit the high octaves, but Ifelt he went slightly off key in the lower notes.

Good performances by Sneha & Vijalakshmi.

Sonia was ok - but we have heard better versions of Hungama hogaya

Rik is putting me off due to drama overdose.

Vaastav & Aroh were not upto their mega audition level.

Asides…

* The innovative instrumentation was enjoyable, but as pointed out it needs to be toned down. Yes, I noticed Ronnie too 👍😁. Also glad to see the girl power in the band. 👍

*So, Albert/ AshiqRik/ Autism - is going to take care of the Aansoo flow! 🙄. Thank God, Neha is not there, she would’ve been swimming in her own tears!

*Hope they will stop pumping the drama around Kartik & Albert at least. Esp Albert - grief is pvt & now it should be left alone.

*AshiqRik’s story is a pathetic attempt at make- believe .. as in they ‘ make’ & we ‘don’t believe’. Even some contestants’ expressions were telling! 😁

BB & V angle - now who came up with THAT?? More cringey times ahead for us. 🙄

And yes, before I forget, 50 Rs. kat le from Rik for overacting. 🙄

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Caught up with both episodes today

Realityshow was right about saying we should expect innovative instrumentation. Truly innovative and interesting. But as others have said above, the balance between the music and vocals doesn't seem right. Meanwhile, it was nice to see Ronnie back on the guitar.

Thank God for apps - the FF button is the most used this year! So much drama!

The costumes - so tacky! What is wrong with the designer?!

One thing is clear this year that all of the participants are seasoned professionals already. Not famous perhaps, but professional nevertheless. Their body language and general stage presence is making it clear.

Also, in my view, the general level of the contestants in this season of SRGMP is in such stark contrast to II13 (most of them if not all). I mean no ill will to them but the difference is just too much.

From the performances, the ones I liked most are Albert, Abdul, Nishtha, Sana, Ronita. My guess is these will be the Top 5 eventually.

Agree with everything. 😁. In fact I thought I won’t post what was kept in my draft.😁.

I noticed the costumes too - maybe they are working on the kind of look per contestant. Hoping for it to get better.

I noticed Ronnie too and went ‘yaay’ and then started searching for our Bhattji on the Sitar. 😊

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Both the episodes were enjoyable.

Top 5 are easily Albert, Abdul, Nishtha, Ronita & Sana. All are outstanding. There is something very unique & refreshing about Sana, though the other two girls are pitch perfect. Albert was superb, better than his Bekhayali. 👍l. Abdul was top botch. 👍

Double B hit the high octaves, but Ifelt he went slightly off key in the lower notes.

Good performances by Sneha & Vijalakshmi.

Sonia was ok - but we have heard better versions of Hungama hogaya

Rik is putting me off due to drama overdose.

Vaastav & Aroh were not upto their mega audition level.

Asides…

* The innovative instrumentation was enjoyable, but as pointed out it needs to be toned down. Yes, I noticed Ronnie too 👍😁. Also glad to see the girl power in the band. 👍

*So, Albert/ AshiqRik/ Autism - is going to take care of the Aansoo flow! 🙄. Thank God, Neha is not there, she would’ve been swimming in her own tears!

*Hope they will stop pumping the drama around Kartik & Albert at least. Esp Albert - grief is pvt & now it should be left alone.

*AshiqRik’s story is a pathetic attempt at make- believe .. as in they ‘ make’ & we ‘don’t believe’. Even some contestants’ expressions were telling! 😁

BB & V angle - now who came up with THAT?? More cringey times ahead for us. 🙄

And yes, before I forget, 50 Rs. kat le from Rik for overacting. 🙄

Seriously, the highlight of the weekend is your review 😂

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Agree with everything. 😁. In fact I thought I won’t post what was kept in my draft.😁.

I noticed the costumes too - maybe they are working on the kind of look per contestant. Hoping for it to get better.

I noticed Ronnie too and went ‘yaay’ and then started searching for our Bhattji on the Sitar. 😊

Re. costumes : not just the contestants, even the judges! Who came up with that abomination for Neeti Mohan?

anoushka_113 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Re. costumes : not just the contestants, even the judges! Who came up with that abomination for Neeti Mohan?

oh Yeah… complete with red gloves too.. 🙄.