Search archive Comment

Print this article

View Comments

A still from Dekho...

Shraddha Nigam

Dekho magar... to end soon

As it failed to keep the audiences glued

Reena thapar kapoor

A Star Plus show going off air is always big news. Reason being that their shows, more often than not, are hugely successful. Quite like their show Dekho Magar Pyar Se that was launched with the usual publicity and expensive hoardings and is soon to be going off air. The show narrated the story of an obese girl initially, but soon lost track.
This soap was originally supposed to be different from the cliched saas-bahu soaps. but with every passing episode, it started deviating from the original story line and went down the road of the expected saas bahu drama.
Now, the second season has just about begun, and rumours about it going off air are already afloat. Despite changing its storyline, switching the lead actress and even changing producers, Dekho... just failed to click with the audience. The latest news is that Star has asked BAG films to wrap up the show as soon as possible.
 Being a joint production of Star and BAG, the show has been occupying the prime time slot on the show. "We've been given sometime but its definitely going off air," says an associate who doesn't wish to be named. "The show has did not work. We tried our best, but in vain. So instead of wasting money and time its better to wrap it up."
The 8 pm slot will now be taken by Aditya and Abhimanyu Singh's family drama Le Jayenge Le Jayenge. The shooting of the latter has been on in full swing. When we asked Kushal Punjabi, an actor in both shows, about its status, he said, "I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets. Look, it has to eventually wind up because Le Jayenge... is replacing it for sure on the 8 pm slot on Star Plus. But, I can't reveal too much about the details because I'd rather the right people do the talking."
As our sources inform us, it will only be after 20-25 episodes before Dekho goes off air.  
* I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets - Kushal Punjabi

A still from Dekho...

Shraddha Nigam

Dekho magar... to end soon

As it failed to keep the audiences glued

Reena thapar kapoor

A Star Plus show going off air is always big news. Reason being that their shows, more often than not, are hugely successful. Quite like their show Dekho Magar Pyar Se that was launched with the usual publicity and expensive hoardings and is soon to be going off air. The show narrated the story of an obese girl initially, but soon lost track.
This soap was originally supposed to be different from the cliched saas-bahu soaps. but with every passing episode, it started deviating from the original story line and went down the road of the expected saas bahu drama.
Now, the second season has just about begun, and rumours about it going off air are already afloat. Despite changing its storyline, switching the lead actress and even changing producers, Dekho... just failed to click with the audience. The latest news is that Star has asked BAG films to wrap up the show as soon as possible.
 Being a joint production of Star and BAG, the show has been occupying the prime time slot on the show. "We've been given sometime but its definitely going off air," says an associate who doesn't wish to be named. "The show has did not work. We tried our best, but in vain. So instead of wasting money and time its better to wrap it up."
The 8 pm slot will now be taken by Aditya and Abhimanyu Singh's family drama Le Jayenge Le Jayenge. The shooting of the latter has been on in full swing. When we asked Kushal Punjabi, an actor in both shows, about its status, he said, "I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets. Look, it has to eventually wind up because Le Jayenge... is replacing it for sure on the 8 pm slot on Star Plus. But, I can't reveal too much about the details because I'd rather the right people do the talking."
As our sources inform us, it will only be after 20-25 episodes before Dekho goes off air.  
* I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets - Kushal Punjabi