Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
A little late, but better late than never, huh?

Loved the conniving Khushi! Smart girl! And loved their sparring... and want to know NOW how Shashiji kows ASR!

Well, Vi, awesome job... your plot get more and more tight with each update... loving it!
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
waiting for next update abavi
henamani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
as if checkmate wasnt enough. i have to stalk this too.
but brilliant story as usual
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
From the author's desk: Hello people, I am overloaded with work these days, so the updates come a little late... Here it is.. Hope you will like it.. Thanks for the wonderful wonderful comments- I am indebted to all of you for making me feel special!

happy reading!

The three of them stood in the corridor of a renowned hospital, While Kushi was anxiously peeping into the emergency room where her father was taken in, Happy singh, being one of those faithful souls, struck to his new friend at this time of need. Arnav stood in his composed form, waiting for the doctor to emerge out and tell them that the man was alright- after which he can get back home. Finally the doctor materialized out of the emergency ward.

Kushi ran to the doctor, anxious to know of her father's health state.

"It was a mild attack, nothing to worry, he is stable now" The doctor told her systematically

"Can I go and see him?"

"He will be moved to ICU in a few minutes, you can see him then" The doctor told as he customarily nodded to Arnav who was standing next to her.

"A family friend Mr.Raizada?"

"No Doctor, an acquaintance of my late father"

"Good to know, He is fine Mr. Raizada, he should be discharged in a day or two ' after we are quite satisfied with his response."

Arnav nodded curtly.

"Kushiji, I will go and check if I can get a certificate for your father, we can atleast postpone the case on medical basis to next week by producing that" Happy told to Kushi who looked quickly at Arnav on the mention of the case.

Arnav glanced at her too. After a few awkward moments, they realized that Happy had already moved towards the reception, to request for a medical certificate.

"I will make a move then" Arnav muttered

"Thanks a lot" Kushi told him hastily.

He gave a semi nod as he started walking towards the hospital exit. He would have almost reached the end of the corridor when he heard her voice again

"Arnavji"

Arnav stopped on his tracks when he heard her call his name out but he didn't turn back. No one had ever called him with a ji attached to his name. It felt weird and nice at the same time. The tinkling of payals told him that she was running towards him.

In a moment she came in front of him. Arnav took in the heaving of her chest as she stood in front of him trying hard to catch her breath, clutching her stitches. He felt this weird urge to push away the bangs of silky hairs on her either side of her face.

"It's my promise" She said at last "I shall bring those property papers to you as soon as possible' I will talk to my father- and find out where he has kept it."

Arnav looked at her. He nodded back as she moved away from the path giving him way. He walked away.

Kushi looked at the man whom she had thought was a reckless ruthless immoral human being, just this morning, not only he proved her that she was wrong, he had also proved his magnanimity by helping her save her father to a very renowned hospital. He had also paid the initial amount at the hospital counter, and had taken care that Shashi was attended to immediately.

Kushi turned to walk back to the emergency ward as she saw her father being strolled in a stretcher to be moved to the ICU. She quickened her steps. She need to talk to her father as soon as possible' There were two things that she needed to get answer for- one is the location of  property papers and another was something that she was intrigued as well- why did Shashi wanted to talk to Arnav?

As Arnav walked to his parked car, a docile and gentle "Arnavji" resonating on his ears still, a smile lit up his face. No one had ever called his name with a ji behind it. He was called Arnie at college, Arnav or bhai by the family, and he remembered when he was very young Mamma used to call him Chotey. The Business world normally addressed him as Mr.Raizada or ASR. His employees called him either as Sir or Arnav babu- No one addressed him as Arnavjee. It was as if how his wife would address him' he mused to himself. WHAT ? WAIT! A WIFE? What was happening to him? How could he even imagine Kushi to be  his wife?

He hit the steering wheel feeling very vulnerable and helpless' Something is defineltely wrong with him.. or else why would he sit here and ponder if his future wife would call him Arnavji' It was already 10 minutes since he had reached the car, and his mind has wandered into a zone which was revolving around Kushi'No How can it be? He started the car hurriedly, Once on road, the mind started to try and fathom the odd behaviors of his heart.

He was in a relationship with Sheetal, he told himself firmly'Or was it he secretly wished Sheetal to call him that way? NO, he had never ever wanted Sheetal to call him like that' Leave alone addressing him like that- He had not even imagined her being his wife ' even though the thought that one day, they would take their relationship to that level was always lingering on his mind- but he had never imagined a day when she would do her wifely duties to him'

But this girl was different- something was seriously off beam ' He didn't even know her at a personal level and he started to care for her, and when he had gone to the police station today morning, it didn't even occur to him that he had to let Mr.Roy know about it. When she had called, a weird anticipation had originated in him that he was going to see her.  When he saw her by her father's side, lost and scared, when she had looked into his eyes silently pleading to help her, it had tugged at his heart, as if he should do whatever he could to wipe away that hopelessness in her eyes- He had seen poise,apology, confidence, reluctance, Anger, cheekiness and even for a very short span a sort of passion- but never hopelessness- and he couldn't take it.

As he stopped for a signal, he realized that his mind had again started to loiter around Kushi. Why does he feel like this around her? He is not a freaking teenager to develop a crush on a girl- and what is so special about that girl? Hasn't he seen the bubbliness and chirpiness in Anjali? Hasn't he seen the feistiness and liveliness in Payal? Hasn't he seen the confidence and impudence in Sheetal? Hasn't he seen the piousness and calmness in Nani? Hasn't he seen her daringness in Dadi? And she had an angelic face- just like his mother'Then what was so new about this girl? Then it hit him' He had seen all these qualities in the women of the family- But he had never seen all these qualities in one single package! ' No wonder he felt as if she belonged to the family as well'She could make a perfect Raizada Bahu, he smiled to himself.

He snapped out of his reverie when he heard loud horns blaring behind him that was when he noticed that the signal had already turned green. Jolting, he started the car, forcing himself out of those thoughts'Shocked at where his thoughts had again strayed, He screamed- NO' She can't be a Raizada bahu- he told himself strongly, Not Kushi- that girl is a passing cloud- and nothing more than that- He would not even see her once the property papers are in his hands- No he would not meet her again if he can help it. He should get out of this infatuation- he told himself as he drove his car towards his house.

"Arnav bituwa, we should soon meet Sheetal's parents- and talk about your rishta" Nani told him. The family was having tea at the dining table in the first floor.

"You met her only today, and now you start talking about wedding" Arnav told his Nani

"Why shouldn't we?" Dadi asked him "She is virtuous- and you both like eachother- why should we postpone the wedding now?"

"Dadi, I haven't even met her parents yet- she hasn't yet opened about this to her family"

"High time she does that then" Dadi told him

Anjali and NK who were also sitting there were making faces at eachother. Akaash who sat beside NK, kicked him at the leg, to warn them not to be so obvious'

"Seriously Arnav Bitwa, we want you to get settled soon- Sheetal is of your age too- Her parents will be willing to settle her as well- Meet her parents soon- If not we will go and meet them- asking her hand for you" Nani teased him

"Haan haan' What does her father do? where is her native place actually?" Mamiji asked.

Arnav nodded

"They are a business family Mami'Her Dadaji belongs to delhi only- her parents shifted to Mumbai for business- they are into this supply chain business- well estabilished and respected in mumbai"

"and she is bootiful too' very charming" Mami quoted "perfect bahu for perfect elder Raizada son"

Anjali mimicked puking into her coffee, while Akaash shook his head at her

"Excuse me, I need to go catch up on something" Nk got up, he was worried that he would start laughing at Anjali's gestures if he stayed there any longer.

"I am coming too' it is getting so tight around here- I need fresh air to breath" Anjali stood up too.

As Arnav watched them both go crunching his eyebrows, Akaash made an apologetic face, which confused him further.

"Get married soon Arnav bitwa- probably our financial issues can get sorted if this marriage happens" mamiji told him

"What are you talking about Mamiji?" Arnav asked her shocked "Even if I marry Sheetal, I wouldn't accept any financial support from her father- This is my family problem- and I would solve it myself- Infact I haven't even spoken to Sheetal yet about my financial crisis"

"But Arnav bitwa"

"No Mamiji, do not speak about this anymore- I do not want to compromise my policies for my problems"

"Well said Arnav bitwa" Nani ji told him softly, throwing a smile at him.

"Mr. Raizada"

Arnav turned back to see an agitated Mr.Roy standing at the lounge.

"Mr.Roy!" Arnav exclaimed as he stood up and excused himself from the table. Akaash stood up too.

"Come Mr. Roy, we will go to my Office cabin" Arnav said as he led him, only to be followed by Akaash.

"Mr. Raizada, Are you getting married? " Roy started to speak even before they reached Arnav's office in the same floor.

"Oh the wedding bells are about to ring anytime for him Mr.Roy" Akaash told on his brother's behalf as Arnav restricted himself with only a smile as he opened his office cabin to let Mr.Roy in.

"Is it anything urgent Mr.Roy?" Arnav asked as soon as they all stepped in "You have come without informing us even"

"Oh that" Mr.Roy became serious "Did you bail Mr.Gupta out today afternoon?"

Arnav had completely forgotten about the bail-

"Oh yeah, I did"

"But why?"

"Mr.Roy, I want you to take back that compliant"

"But Mr.Raizada, how can we get back those papers if "

"We will get it back, Kushi will bring it to us"

"But how do you take it on face value? Did you bail him out just because she promised you?"

At that time, Arnav got a call on his mobile, he excused himself to pick it up

"Arnavji?"

As Kushi's voice reached him, a tumult of emotions hit him again

"What happened? Is your father fine?" He asked her urgently

"Yes he is fine, he woke up, All he says is that he wants to meet you' Can you please come here once and meet him?" Kushi asked

"I..I will come" Arnav told her quickly and ended her call

"Thanks a lot Arnavji'"

"Sheetal?" Akaash winked at his brother, the informality and concern on his brother's face and tone carried so much warmth that he couldn't think of anyone who would be on the receiving end of it other than his brother's girlfriend.

"No" Arnav told his brother and turned to Roy

"Its Kushi again" he admitted. She wants me to meet her father "today afternoon he suffered a heart attack and I took him to the Saviour's hospital." Arnav explained as a matter of fact

"Did you even think it could be a complete drama Mr.Raizada- to make you bail him out- "

"Mr.Roy- I have faith in my powers of judgement"

"So are you going to meet them again? ' What if they refuse to give us the bonds? What if he demands huge sum of money?"

Arnav contemplated if he wanted to meet Kushi again- He had made up his mind early this afternoon that he wouldn't meet her if he could help it- He needed to set his priorities right- and right now his priorities are Sheetal and his Family- he firmly told himself.

"I can meet this person on your behalf Mr.Raizada- if you are ok with it" Mr.Roy volunteered.

Arnav nodded his head. A voice at back of his mind told him that he was running away from what he was feeling for this girl- he is scared of his vulnerability- but he ignored that voice.

"Alright- You go and meet him Mr.Roy" he told louder than actually needed.

Kushi saw Mr.Roy walking towards the ICU corridor. He introduced himself and asked to meet her father. Kushi couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that Arnav hadn't come in person, but she brushed away the thought. Why does she feel bad about it?

She opened the door and went in with Mr.Roy and Happy. She made a brief introduction.

"I want to meet Arnav" Shashi told them feebly

"I am him Lawyer-you can speak to me whatever you want to speak" Mr.Roy told him

"No I want to speak only to him" Shashi replied again

"I want to know where you have kept the property papers- We are ready to compensate you for a suitable amount- if you have won these bonds over a game of cards- But these properties are worth crores and they belong to the family- Mr.Ajay Raizada has no rights in disposing them off- If you willingly give us the sheets- we will reward you suitably" Mr.Roy started to speak unmindful of what Shashi was requesting for.

"Father, why don't you tell them where those papers are?"

"May be if you give us some privacy, He might speak- Considering that he wants to speak only to Arnav Raizada, I think what he wants to say is quite confidential" Mr.Roy told Kushi

Kushi looked at her father's firm face for a while and then gestured Happy to go out as she also followed out.

After a few minutes, Mr.Roy too came out.

"Did he say anything?" Kushi asked

Mr.Roy looked grim. He shook his head in negative and went away.

Kushi went in, He father looked at her

"I want to meet Arnav" he told her.

"Father, won't you confide in me too?"

Shashi looked towards the door and then at her

"Has he left?" he asked

"who? Arnavji's lawyer? Yes"

Shashi was looking straight at the ceiling for sometime. Kushi thought her father was behaving strangely. He has never kept any secrets from her. But now he was guarding this secret so sincerely that hse wondered what it was.

"Ajay was my childhood friend" Shashi told her all of a sudden'

This shocked Kushi

"What? How could a wealthy man like him be your friend?"

"We used to play volleyball ' he played for his reputed school- I played for the government school where I studied' we were good players- both of us-So our friendship grew beyond our game- beyond the status differences'we both got selected to represent the same team for our district. Our game was good- our friendship grew stronger- but after we graduated, he went on his own way ' to make his fortune and I started making my living'. We lost contact' I saw him after all these years at the club" Shashi kept telling, Kushi listened to him intently.  

"Then one day, he told me something- he looked worried, he wanted me to.." Shashi was interrupted as the door to the ICU opened suddenly and Mr.Roy stood there.

"I am sorry, I felt my car keys here" he apologized casually.

The beeps in Shashi's monitor started increasing.

"Father.. Father, relax" Kushi told himto calm him down.

"Is he alright? Should I call the doctor?" Roy asked Kushi

The beeps were going back to normal now

"No its alright, I suppose, it was the suddenness of opening the door which jolted him- he is getting alright now" Kushi smiled at Roy

"take care- "Mr.Roy told "If he feels like speaking about the property'"

"I will definitely inform you" Kushi assured

"Thanks" Roy left the room then

"Father" Kushi called him softly

"I want to meet Arnav" Shashi told again

Kushi sighed. Shashi was drifting to sleep again, and She didn't think it was a nice idea to urge him to talk again. She would have to get Arnav to meet her father after he got discharged.

"I will speak to him again and request him to come and meet you. I am sure he will comply this time" Kushi told him calmly.

So what is it that Shashi is guarding against even his own daughter? Stay tuned to know this secret'

arnav hasnt thought sheetal as his wife.. interesting... khushi s already in his thoughts..😉 shashi wanna talk wid arnav... great update!
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Arnav has helped Khushi and Shashi now!
Shashi wants to meet Arnav only.
Khushi is being protected by Shashi.
He is not disclosing where he has kept the papers.
I still feel Khushi is Arnav's Bua's daughter.
His father had given her share of property to be kept under the custody of Shashi!
Shashi knows what worried him and maybe it was given to him with a rider to be given to Arnav along with Khushi in marriage only.
May be there was somebody pilifering!??? 
Then the court will not be able to attach this in case of bankruptcy!!
or he knew about Arnav and Sheetal and didn't like Sheetal /her family. May be they were after Raizada money!
Too many speculations. Let me see. what you are going to write.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
dishashah4176 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
nice update its increasing my curiosity to heights
Akorshi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
nice update...
so arnav's brain hovered by khushi...
shashi want to meet arnav...
let them meet...
KtotheM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I was sooo desperately for ur update and it was an awesome update
Loved every bit of it
Pls update soon, want to know that much awaited secret of Khushi's father
Pls update soon
Thanx
sman thumbnail
wowww amazing...Arnav is open about his feelings..I think Roy has planted some device in the room..!! Shashi ..speak up plsss