Frequent Posters

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: kiran_rati

where is the update dear

eagerly waiting
dont forget to pm me dear

I shall update soon. And surely will pm you!
-Araina- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ammu5

awesome ff. loving it to da core. Plz do add me in ur Pm list. Like is not working

Thank you so much dear! I'm really happy to know. Will add!
-Araina- thumbnail

Thank you!
-Araina- thumbnail

Thank you so much dearie!!
-Araina- thumbnail

Thank you šŸ˜³
-Araina- thumbnail

Chapter 28

"Maan, is everything alright?" Geet asked as she put her file down. They were in Geet's cabin.

"Yea, why wouldn't it be?" He asked, pausing.

"Well, you've been walking back and forth for almost an hour now and since breakfast, you look tensed. You are not your usual self."

"Ah. Rubbish. Everything's fine." He replied. She gave him a glare of 'I-know-better.' He was about to give in and blurt it all out to her when Yash knocked on the door. Maan shut his mouth and both looked towards the door. Geet nodded and Yash came in.

"I-uh-came to give my resignation." He announced with his head low.

"What?!" Both went out of shock.

"But why?" Geet asked adding to what.

"If it's because of what I told you yesterdayā€¦" Maan started speaking, meaning at what he had said about him and Annie.

"No, it's not because of that. In fact, I want to thank you for that. I talked with Annie after that. I just have personal reasons for resigning. Pleaseā€¦"

"Well, if it's personal, I won't ask or force you to stay back. You've really done well for the company. Will you at least serve your grace period?"

Yash nodded, glad to see Geet understanding. He handed her the paper of resignation and Geet signed it. Once he left, Maan asked, "Why'd you sign it? You could have refused?"

"And what? What after that? Maanā€¦ you heard him. He has personal reasons. I wouldn't want anyone to stop me. Why should I stop him?"

"But Annieā€¦"

"He said he talked to Annie. I'm sure they'll stay in touch. Trust me, okay? It could have ended bad if I refused. He wants to leave so he can." Maan nodded, not wanting Yash to leave but still listening to Geet. "Now, what's bothering you?"

Once again, Maan was stuck. "Later. I need to talk to Yash." He said and left making a quick escape. Geet sighed. He was becoming more like herā€¦ not sharing problems and she was becoming like the old Maanā€¦ carefree and letting her feelings out when needed. With Maan gone, she turned her attention back to correcting the clauses of the file.

In Yash's cabin, Yash was gathering his things when Maan entered. "Hi." He said to mark his presence. Quickly, Yash hid the picture he was looking at. It was of him and Geet from childhood. Maan noticed him hiding something but didn't ask. Obviously, Yash didn't want anyone knowing if he was hiding it.

"Everything is fine between you and Annie, right?"

Yash nodded. "Yup. I'm gonna support her as far as I can but I have to leave for a while. I'm going back to States for maybe a month or so."

"Then why are you resigning? You can just take a leave till then."

"You're not understandingā€¦ I can't stay here anymore. I've already risked enough by staying till now. I have to go." He replied.

Maan found it weird. "You sound just like Geet when she goes all philosophical."

Yash smiled. At least there was one thing common between the siblings then. "Take care of her." Yash asked him genuinely wanting his sister to be happy. He was going away so she can live her life happily. Because if she found out he was her brother, then there'd be problems.

Yash gave one quick hug to Maan and absentmindedly, slipped the photograph in his bag. Or so he thought. Instead of going in, it fell out. Maan picked it up and instantly recognized Geet. He had seen her childhood pictures. He was stunned beyond words. It all started making sense to him.

"You're Geet's brother." He spoke out loud and Yash froze in his tracks, bewildered. He turned to see the photo in Maan's hand and not in the bag. He didn't deny it and simply looked at Maan. Maan asked, "That's why you're leaving, aren't you? So she doesn't find out?"

Maan and Yash were sitting in Yash's cabin. Yash explained, "Di made me promise not to meet her again. I promised her that but I always kept a tab on her. All the articles and news about her, I would always watch her in them and be happy to see her safe. When I started working here, I didn't know this branch belonged to her as well. I found out couple of days ago. After that, I had to talk to Annie and get out of here before she finds out. I don't know why but years ago when she told me we can't meet, I could see fear in her eyes. I never asked her the reason because I knew it had to be something bad."

"It isā€¦" Maan nodded and he repeated the truth that Geet had once told him. After finishing, Maan pleaded, "You can't leave now. Now is when she needs you the most. Now, you can stand by her and fight. You're not the same kid anymore you were back then."

"What do you mean by now? Is she still in danger?"

"She wasn't until this morningā€¦" Maan said and then showed him the text he had received from Surya. Yash breathed in heavily and got up.

"That *******. What does he want now?!!" Anger was evident in his words.

Maan calmed him. "I'll be here to protect her. But more than that, I know what matter most is to have all three of you siblings together. I've seen Geet suffer. I've seen the loneliness in her eyes. I can give her the love of a better half. I can never fulfill the love she desires from a family. That will always be you and Annie."

"You don't understand. I had promised. I can't do anything even if I want to!"

"And what about the promise you made to yourself? What about the promise of keeping her safe? She doesn't have to know! Not just yet. You can protect her without her knowing the truth. Pleaseā€¦ both your sisters need you."

Maan looked at Yash's thoughtful face and he knew he had touched his weakness. He was certain Yash would sstay back. And that is exactly what Yash said few minutes later. "Fine. I'll stay. But she cannot know I'm her brother."

Maan nodded. "She won't find out."

"She already has." A teary voice said from the doorway and both men turned to look at Geet. Her expression were mixed. She couldn't hold her happiness for seeing Yash. Then, she couldn't bear the thought of him getting hurt. One second, she wanted to hug him and the other, she wanted to turn her back to him for his safety.

"Diā€¦." Yash let out, the same longing in his voice as well. He was always prepared for the worst in life. But now, in the moment, he had no idea what would happen next."

Devika called Surya. "I'll be there in two hours time."

"I'll be there to pick you up." Surya replied and their conversation was quick. He informed Naina of the same. She was happy to know she's coming back. In a way, she would get her best friend back as well.

"You need to leave." Geet said in a tough voice, hiding her emotions and being strict. Seeing her past in front of her, she seemed to have toughened up againā€¦ Not letting her emotions out and letting nothing affect her decisions.

"But diā€¦ I can't leave. I don't want to leaveā€¦"

Geet turned fiercely to look at him. "Do not question it. This is not up for discussion. You're leaving with the first plane available."

Yash bowed his head down. Maan was surprised to see Geet in this form. She had been so soft to him that he had forgotten the way she was when they had first met.

"Geet, listen toā€¦" Maan started to say but was interrupted by Geet.

"Stay out of this Maan." She replied with one sharp look. He was too stunned to reply back. This was not the Geet he knew.

Yash asked, "What about Annie, huh?"

"She can go with you or stay here. But she's not going to find out I'm her sister. I have an important meeting to attend. You be gone when I get back." Once again, she spoke in the authoritative voice. She started walking towards the door and stopped for a second. She took one last look at Yash and softened just enough to say, "Take care," and turning her back to him once again, left.

Silence prevailed for seconds after she left. Maan started to say, "She didn't mean thatā€¦"

"Yes, she did." Yash replied almost immediately. "She did." He repeated, a bit hurt. He had never imagined them meeting like this.

Geet pushed all her thoughts aside and focused on the meeting. At the end of it, she finally checked her phone, which was on silent in her purse. She had a message from a private number. It read, "You shouldn't have left your precious brother by himself."

Reading it, she panicked. She called the first person she had in mind. Maan. He wasn't picking up. "Damn it!" She said as she kept on redialing his number. No response. This was scaring her even more. She then called Annie. As soon as she picked up, Geet asked, "Annie, have you talked with Yash? Where is he?"

"Geet? Is everything alright?"

"Yes, just tell me. Did you?"

Annie replied, not sure what was going on. "Noā€¦ I talked with him last night and that's it." Geet ended the call before Annie could ask another question. Not knowing who else to call, she called Meera. "Meera! Do you have Yash's number?" She asked hurriedly.

Meera didn't reply back but Geet heard sobs on the other line. "Meera? Where are you?" she asked urgently.

With a shaky voice, she replied, "PK Hospital." And Geet's fear came right. Yash did get into an accident. She rushed to the hospital on the spot. At the reception, she asked for Yash. Before they could reply, Meera saw her and called her. "Geet!"

Geet turned and ran up to her. "Meera! What happened?"

"Yashā€¦ accidentā€¦ I don't knowā€¦" Meera replied in between her sobs and hugged Geet tightly. Geet comforted her and had her sit down on one of the chairs. Maan emerged from the side after a while.

"What happened? You weren't answering your phone either." Geet asked.

"Hit and run. He's lost a lot of blood." Maan replied straightly and from the tone, she could point out that he was blaming her for it. He took her in a corner where Meera wouldn't hear it. "If you hadn't told him to leave, none of this would have happened!"

"This was done on purpose. It wasn't an accident." Geet replied with her eyes shut.

"What?" Maan asked.

Geet showed him the message. "He's been keeping an eye on us. He knew all along." She replied after he read the message. He meaning Surya. "He must have gotten someone to do his dirty work for him." She then paused with realization. "Annie doesn't know about this accident."

"I just called her. She'll be here soon. Geet, you can't do this. She deserves to know the truth."

"And what? Get her in danger as well? If Surya doesn't know about anyone, it's her. I'm not going to tell her and make her the interest as well!"

Maan stayed silent, half way knowing that Geet was somewhere right. She might be strict and not wanting to reunite with her family, but her reason could be justified as well.

Seconds later, Annie got there and together, Maan and Geet consoled her as well. Doctor came out to inform, "He's lost too much blood. His blood type is very rare and we don't have it in our blood bank. We need a donor. A relative would be better."

Annie instantly got up. "Take mines. I'm his sister."

Geet replied, "NO! Your body's weak and it's not good for you to give blood."

"He's my brother Geet!" Annie yelled, not caring about herself.

"No. I'm not going to let you. Doctor, take mine. We are the same blood group."

Amidst the less amount of time, no one questioned why Geet wouldn't let Annie donate and doctor took Geet with him. Half hour later, he came back out. "Yash is out of danger. Surprising how a rare blood type was easily available. Still, there's nothing to worry about. Geet is on medications right now. She should gain consciousness soon."

"Thank you Doctor." Maan said genuinely. When they all saw Yash one by one, everyone was calmed. It was then questions started to form in Annie's head. How did Geet know my body gets week after losing blood? She knew she'd have to wait for Geet to gain her senses before she could get her answers. 

There's the update! Hope you all like it. waiting for views. Do leave a like behind! Next update will be posted in about 2 days. Have it ready. Just need to change a few things šŸ˜³ 

-Khushi.

littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wow long reading. me likey
-Araina- thumbnail
^

hehe! *goes back to typing more*
littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^ that makes me happy. 
-Araina- thumbnail
Of course it does šŸ˜› You get mroe to read..