Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Chapter 41

Geet could tell by the way Sasha had been glaring at her when she left, that she had wanted to say something demeaning to her, but Geet didn't care.  Maan made no objections, as she had organized the party exactly according to his specifications, and thanks to Savitri's advice, she had luckily planned to finish an hour early.  All she wanted to do now was go home and relax.  Giving a quick thank you to the hotel's manager, Geet hurried out the door hoping to catch a cab, only to run into someone unexpected.

"Dadima?  What are you doing here?"  Geet blinked, as if the smiling older woman would disappear from view.

"I may have retired, but I am still a Khurana and I still own ten percent shares in the company.  My intention is to attend this party in support of my grandson and my bahu," Savitri explained to Geet.

Understanding Savitri's meaning, Geet protested, "No, Dadima, I'm not going to the party.  I told you already."

"Nonsense, Geet," declared Savitri firmly.  "A wife should support her husband.  I never allowed Maan's Dadaji to attend any business party alone, and you should follow my lead in this matter."

Trying to come up with any excuse, Geet said, "But, Dadima, I have nothing to wear and the party is about to start."

"Not to worry, Beti.  I've arranged everything.  The hotel has a salon and they will be able to get you ready in twenty minutes.  Don't worry, it's fashionable to be a little late to parties.  How else will you be able to make a grand entrance?"

Maan took a sip of his drink and tried to not to look frustrated as Mr. Chopra kept singing Geet's praises to his CEO.  He didn't like the way the Chopra people kept asking where Geet was and why she wasn't at the party.  Maan let Sasha give some sort of excuse to them, while he rolled his eyes and took another sip from his glass.  Glancing towards the end of the hall, a figure caught his eye, and also seemed to catch the notice of the other party goers.

A silence fell over the crowd as a slim girl in white moved slowly towards the center of the room, grabbing everyone's attention.  Maan could not take his eyes off the surprise entrant, his attention so captured that he barely registered the fierce whispering that began over the young female's choice of saree.  Placing his half filled glass on a nearby waiter's tray, he unconsciously moved slightly forward, his eyes never leaving the angelic sight.

"Maan, are you going to give the introductions?" a voice broke in, forcing him to register the presence of his grandmother.

When Maan didn't say anything, Savitri looked at the unfamiliar group of men and women, stating proudly, "My name is Savitri Devi Khurana.  I'm Maan's grandmother."

"Mohan Chopra," Mr. Chopra announced, stepping forward to take Savitri's hand.  "It is a pleasure to meet you.  This is Mr. Rahul, the CEO of Chopra Industries."

Savitri shook Rahul's hand as well, before saying, "Mr. Chopra, I believe that you have met my Bahu, Geet."

"Bahu?" questioned Rahul, eyeing the young girl standing demurely with undisguised interest.

"Yes, Geet is Maan's wife," Savitri announced proudly with a smile, the word wife echoing throughout the room, which was so silent otherwise, a pin drop could have been heard.

Maan stood stunned, unable to process what his grandmother had just done, even as Rahul extended his hand towards Geet, saying "So it's not Miss Geet, but Mrs. Geet.  I'm Rahul Naran, and I must say, I envy Mr. Khurana for having such a talented and beautiful wife."

"I wasn't aware that you and Miss, sorry Mrs. Geet were married," said Mr. Chopra to Maan while the two watched Geet and Rahul shake hands,  "but I guess now I understand how she has such innovative thoughts.  Having a stake in a company, rather than being a mere employee, is the best motivation for creativity."

Mr. Chopra and Rahul continued to speak with Savitri and Geet, while Maan looked on with barely controlled fury.  The rest of the Khurana staff, including Sasha, couldn't believe the announcement Savitri had made regarding Maan and Geet.  As the gossip continued to whisper about the room, several participants began to concluded that the news must be true.  The whole office had seen their boss's curious behavior towards his new secretary, and their marriage being true would certainly explain things.

Sasha did not want to except that explanation.  It was just impossible in her mind.  Trying to gain some control of the situation, she suggested that everyone should enjoy the food that Geet had arranged for them.  As the guests made their way to the tabels to serve themselves, Sasha's smirk and veiled looks toward Tasha indicated that she had some plan in mind.  What the plan was, nobody would discover, for her smirk was totally wiped out when she saw Mr. Chopra open one of the dishes, exclaiming in delight that Tortelloni was his favorite Italian dish.  While the rest of the guest also complemented Geet on her choice of Continental and Thai dishes, Tasha hurried over to Sasha, worry on her face.

"Ma'am, didn't you send that email to the caterer's to change the food to Indian snacks?  Then why is this food here?"

"Shut up, Tasha!  Do you want everyone to hear you?"

"Sorry, Ma'am.  Silly me!  But didn't you..."

"Of course I did.  You were there with me when we snuck into Geet's office," whispered Sasha furiously.  "The idiots must not have read it or something."

Looking forlornly at the way Savitri was complementing Geet to the guests, Sasha protested, "MK can't be married to her, he just can't!  I need a drink."

Sasha rushed off to the bar to get something to steady her nerves.  After gulping down a cocktail, she felt much better.  Taking a few calm breaths, she walked up to the DJ and requested that he start the music.  A party wasn't a party until there was dancing.  She would have a good time now, and worry later about how to tackle this "Miss Hoshiarpur" who had invaded her territory.  But while she thought to plan her next move, she failed to realize that someone else was also making his own move.

As soon as the music started, Maan grabbed Geet's hand and pulled her out to the dance floor, anger apparent in his every step.  Geet looked at him like he had gone crazy.  She had nothing to say and absolutely no interest in dancing with him.  Turning to leave the floor, Geet felt a hard grasp on her right wrist pulling her back towards the hard length of the man next to her.

"I didn't say anything in front of the clients because I'll be damned if I let you create any kind of tamasha, but I won't leave you until you answer me?"  Maan grabbed Geet's hand and forcefully held it to his shoulder.  "What did you think you would gain by doing this nataak, huh?

"I didn't do anything," claimed Geet, even as Maan pulled her closer, his fingers digging into the soft flesh of her exposed waist.

"You didn't do anything," repeated Maan sarcastically.  "So I suppose that was a different Geet Handa who only an hour ago stated she was not going to attend the party.  Then you have the gaul to come dressed in saree of all things."

"Don't say anything about what I'm wearing.  It was not my choice."  Geet's words angered Maan, causing him to become more aggressive with his movements.

"Did you think by doing all this in public that things would change?  Did you think that revealing out marriage like this, that I would then accept you?  Let me remind you of the conversation we had only 24 hours ago."

"I do not need any reminders.  I remember everything clearly.  I remember you shoving legal papers in my face, and telling me that they were for our divorce that would happen in one year, and would happen sooner if we weren't required to stay married for at least that length of time.  I remember you telling that you did not accept me as your wife, that I mean nothing to you.  I remember you repeatedly saying that you didn't agree to the rishta from your own choice, but because of Dadima's insistence.  I don't need any reminders because I remember it all perfectly."

"You are unbelievable," stated Maan angrily.  "You go around making mistake after mistake, and then have the nerve to give me attitude?"

Geet pushed herself out of Maan's arms, having had enough of his accusations.  "I'm giving you attitude?" she repeated back, voice full of incredulity.

"Do you think that you are the only one who does things for Dadima's sake?" she asked, tears starting to form.  "I really didn't want to come tonight, but Dadima insisted.  I wore this saree only because Dadima told me to.  But what's the point of trying to explain anything to you?  Ever since I started working in the office, all I've tried to do is do my job correctly, so that you don't have any problems, so that there aren't any mistakes...so that you stop hating me.  But it doesn't matter.  I can try as much as I want, but it will never be good enough for you, for the great Maan Singh Khurana."

Precap

"Dadima, I don't want to work at KC any more, not after what happened. Edited by laxmi2010 - 12 years ago
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
WOWWW

i am In OMGGG MODEEE stilll

will be back to read

i am sure its awesome!
Aarthi_01 thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜ก Maan...chose words carefully before u use them dear... already u have done ur trick... and lets see wats in store...

hell with sasha better she stays of in her limit..
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 41
awesome...
grr Maan is too much...
but like this strong determined Geet...
OMG he actually gave her the proposed divorce papers...
grrr...
cont soon...
Maaneet099 thumbnail
absolutely fantasitc! it takes skills to spin a story on a foundation already intact... kudos to u :) 
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
awesome, brilliant part
loved it
 continue soon
gshruti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awsome update...
waiting for more parts๐Ÿ˜
ambili123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail