Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Finally read all the 3 updates...

Hmmm,...I wonder is it really over? Or will there be more trouble?
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Geet's heart is too big
She is asking NT to help her mum who did all this to them
Hats Off to her
NT was fab
Jus loved how she was against her mother n wit Geet n JD
Nt's mum needs Doc for sure
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
its nice to see how supportive maan and geet hv been for naintara... it was sad update for NT...

geet is so magnanimus... she actually wants NT to help her mom... wow...

preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved the update...
its very sad to know that NT's mom did everything just for money and that too bcoz her father convinced her mom for their marriage based on the khurana money...
but she acting this evil without any help...i cant believe it...
eager to know wat next...
libra25 thumbnail
both the parts are great...
really excited for the story ahead...
feel very sorry fot nt...
continue soon
mandymore thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Both prts r great,feel bad 4 nayantara
angullgrl91 thumbnail
awesome parts!! poor naintara...
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hi Laxmi...just read parts 63 n 64 now. Wonderful updates...Poor Nainatara! Please update soon n pm wen u do. Y do pm was sent for this update? Will wait 4 pm...😉
bhakbhartifan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update... Is it the end of problems for Maan and Geet or there are more to come?
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 65

I'm your brother. It's my right to treat you any way I like.

No, let me go, please let me go. Don't touch me!

There's no point in struggling. No one is here to save you.

I'll tell everyone. I'll tell.

Go ahead. Who do you think will believe you?

Let me go. Maan! Maan! Save me!

He isn't coming. No one will come. No one will be able to find you. We've done our job too well. Don't think that you'll be able to phone for help. I've got your iPhone right here.

Well, sis, is that duct tape too tight?

Let me go. Let me go.

Oh, you will go. Eventually. After all, if you stay alive, what will happen to my Naintara? With you gone, everything she deserves will be hers.

Maan! Please!

Now, it really is pointless to keep calling for him. Why would he come for a girl like you, with no background and nothing to offer but pain? You couldn't even take care of his nephew properly.

You leave JD alone!

Oh, he is alone. Death is a lonely place. In due time, you will experience that yourself. We will make sure of that. There is no escape for you.

May 30, 2011 4:45 am

"Maan!" cried Geet, bolting straight up, looking around her room wildly, disoriented from her nightmare. She then glanced at the clock by her bedside and realized that it was early morning.

Now that she was awake, she realized that the horrible images and sensations she had experienced were only a dream. That realization did nothing to ease her erratic emotions. Everything that had happened her whole life always seemed to included more pain than anyone ever deserved. Would she ever be able to truly enjoy a happy life, or will she keep having to suffer the rest of her life? Was it fair to inflict her sorrows on those around her?

May 30, 2011 6:45 am

Geet looked at the time again, and realized that she hadn't slept at all since she woke two hours ago. No matter what she did, she could get rid of thoughts spurred by her nightmare. Deciding that she might as well get up, she threw back the covers and went about getting herself ready, not for the day, but at least for breakfast.

It was slightly earlier than she usually got up, but not enough to make a difference. Yes, it was a holiday, but little boys didn't pay much attention to holidays. In fact, they always seemed to want to get up extra early, at least, JD did. She thought about what he might like for breakfast, and decided to make his favorite blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes.

Geet went about her typical activities almost on autopilot. She was so distracted that she measured out salt, instead of sugar at one point, causing her to have to throw out what was in the bowl and start again. Trying to shake off her preoccupation, she carefully paid attention to what she was doing, not wanting to ruin another batch.

As she was stirring up the batter, Maan came into the kitchen, requesting a glass of water. The sweat pouring off him was clear evidence that he had been exercising. Usually the sight him in his workout clothes, the dampness reflecting light off his firm muscles, made Geet instantly go week at the knees. But this time, in her preoccupation, she barely gave him a glance.

Oblivious to her distracted state, Maan strolled over to the counter, wrapped one arm around her waist, and pulled her close, kissing her cheek. "Good morning, my beautiful Mishti."

"Hmmm," was her response.

Maan frowned slightly at her less than enthusiastic reaction. "Geet, is everything alright?"

"Hmmm," again.

"Geet, I can clearly tell that something is bothering you. What is it?"

"No, Maan, nothing is bothering me." The dull manner in which she gave her answer did not convince Maan in the slightest.

"Geet," he said sternly, taking the bowl from her hands and putting it on the counter. Then turning her towards himself, he said firmly, "I know that there is something wrong. Tell me the truth now, what is the problem?"

Geet's lips trembled a bit before she blurted out, "Maan, I think we should postpone the wedding."

"What!"

"Yes, I..."

"Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize I would be interrupting an intimate moment so early in the morning," said Naintara, who had come into the kitchen without hearing what the conversation was about.

Geet pulled away from Maan, embarrassed, asking, "Di, did you need anything?"

"I wanted to make some tea, and see about getting some breakfast for Meenal. What are you making?"

Geet explained what she was making and where the tea things were kept in the kitchen. Besides making tea, Naintara offered to help with the pancakes. Maan hovered in the background for a while before leaving the kitchen frustrated. Honestly, he was fond of his bhabhi, but right now he could happily strangle her. Geet just dropped a huge bomb on him, and Naintara's presence immediately afterword left no chance for him to discuss things with her.

May 30, 2011 8:01 am

Geet tried to ignore Maan's angry gaze as she went about serving breakfast. She knew what she had said earlier upset him, but it couldn't be helped. Since they couldn't talk about anything in front of the rest of the family, Geet tried to distract herself by listening to the conversation Dadi and Naintara were having.

"So, I guess Annie's parents came for a visit, and her mom will stay, so Arjun's going to be flying out here in a day or two. He just has to get things squared away at work. In the mean time, he's going to search for a lawyer for Maa."

"It will be good to have him here," said Dadi. "That way all the burden won't be on you. Let me give you our lawyer's number. He may be able to give Arjun some good recommendations."

"Thanks, Dadi. No, Meenal, we don't throw food at our brothers. Not this one, or the one back home. JD, you shouldn't encourage her!"

"I can't help it, Tayi. She's too cute," said JD as he popped one of the Cheerios Meenal had tossed at his face in his mouth, before making silly faces at her.

"JD, settle down and eat your pancakes, please."

"Yes, GT."

"Naintara, we've all been invited to the Jacobsen's for a barbecue today. They've included you in that invitation."

"Yes, I know, Geet told me."

May 30, 2011 9:55 am

"Maan, given the current situation, it would be better not to have the wedding now. You must agree."

"No, I don't agree. I don't understand how such an idea could have entered your head."

"Maan..."

"Geet!"

"Well, would you believe after two kids and how many years, I can still fit into these jeans. I think I look quite good, actually...Well, it seems I've interrupted once again. I didn't mean to become your personal kabbab mein haddi."

Naintara was joking of course, but when she saw that Maan and Geet didn't react in a like manner, she observed them more closely. From their body positions and posture, she could tell that they were both upset. The look on their faces confirmed it.

"Okay, what's going on?" Seeing Geet look around nervously, and Maan's face getting more and more stern, Naintara repeated her question.

Finally, Maan gave into her demand and replied, "Geet wants to postpone the wedding."

"What? No! For what reason?"

"Di, how can you ask for what reason? How can we have a wedding now, after everything that has happened? Weddings are supposed to be happy occasions, but can we really be happy? Can you be happy, with your mother in ja..."

"Geet, you've got to be crazy! Are you actually thinking of postponing your wedding, just because my mother is a pyscho? Someone who you never knew, and who only wished you harm?"

Geet looked down sadly at the hands she was wringing in her lap at Naintara's words. Maan viewed his bhabhi with satisfaction, pleased that her reaction was the same as his. If Geet wouldn't listen to him, maybe she would listen to her di. Naintara sat on the couch next to Geet and placed her hand on her shoulder, turning so they faced each other.

"Geet, the question you need to ask yourself, is can I be happy if my best friend doesn't get married to the love of her life? Can I be happy if I am in any way responsible for bringing pain to the family?"

"No, Di, what are you saying? You could never bring us pain."

Naintara looked at Geet very sternly. "If that is true, then I intend that this wedding should go forward. I will not let you postpone it, not at any cost! Now that I'm here, I will work with Dadi on all the arrangements, and I don't want to hear the word postpone again! Samjhi tum?"

May 30, 2011 12:45 pm

"Di, Will and Melanie know about the kidnapping, but they don't know that it was your mother. I thought it would be easier for you if we didn't say anything about it outside of the family. All they know is that you're Dev's wife and have come to help."

"Geet, I appreciate the consideration, and it will be nice not to have to answer any questions, but I want you to do something else for me."

"Of course, Di, anything."

"I want you to forget about everything that's happened and try to have a good time. It's been over eight years since I've been to an American barbecue, and I want to have fun."

Maan was a party to Geet and Naintara's whispered conversation as they walked up to the Jacobsen's front door, and he was grateful for it. He also felt that what Geet really needed was to forget the recent events and enjoy the good side of life again. He intended to do everything he could to put the smile back on his Mishti's face.

May 30, 2011 4:26 pm

"Hey, GT, you're not dancing. You wanna dance with me?"

Geet wasn't really feeling in the mood to dance, even to the upbeat music echoing around the Jacobsen's backyard. However, she couldn't do anything but give into his request in the face of his ernest, little face. They dance for awhile among the other guests, JD jumping around crazily, more than anything. Soon the music changed to a slower pace, and Naintara came along, asking JD if he would dance with her.

"Alright, Tayi," said JD, "but who will dance with GT?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe Uncle? He's standing right over there."

JD turned around, his eyes widening dramatically. "Uncle, you come dance with GT!" he exclaimed, before running over to Naintara, taking her hand.

Maan shook his head at the theatrics of his nephew as he quickly made his way toward Geet before she could escape. Seeing the narrowed eyes she focussed on him, Maan wondered if she figured out that he asked Naintara and JD to stage the whole dance thing. He had a feeling that if he requested her to dance, she would come up with some excuse, like taking care of Meenal, so Naintara could enjoy. However, he knew she wouldn't be able to resist JD, hence the setup.

Not wanting Geet to have time to come up with any excuses, he quickly pulled her into his arms, spinning her around and dipping her low, before pulling her slowly and seductively up and into his chest. He had seen her efforts to remain in the background, participating as little as possible, despite Naintara's request when they arrived. Their body's were so in tune, that Geet was effortlessly able to follow his movements, despite her distraction.

It was this distraction that caused Maan to worry. He worried that regardless of the promise she gave Naintara not to talk of postponing the wedding, that her mind was still thinking along those lines. Whatever it was she was thinking, he knew it was causing her unhappiness. Maan could not see his Mishti unhappy, therefore, he determined to discover what was the cause behind it all.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 12 years ago