luved ittt
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 58
May 27, 2011 7:35 pm

"Mr. Khurana, we've been fielding a lot of tips on the hotline, and we've got as many officers as possible following up, but it's going to take some time. Please be patient."

Maan was tempted to threaten the job of the assistant superintendent who was currently speaking to him, just to wipe the calm look off his face. "I've been patient. It's been over three hours since she went missing. Who knows what's been happening to her all this time. I want my Geet found!"

One of the detectives came up to the assistant and started whispering in his ear. "Are you sure. Yes, I'd like to be there," was the response that Maan heard him give.

"What is it?" he demanded. "Do you have some information? Do you have a suspect? Tell me what's going on."

"Mr. Khurana, someone has come forward with some evidence that may be useful, but..."

"I want to meet this person, right now!"

"Mr. Khurana, I can't allow that. You can observe the questioning, but I can't allow you to meet potential witnesses."

May 27, 2011 7:45 pm

"Clint Adams, that's your name?"

"Yes."

"What did you want to tell us, Mr. Adams?"

Maan watched as the young man's eyes darted around the interview room, even looking straight in his direction. Of course, this Adams guy couldn't see him, as he was standing behind a two way mirror, looking into the room. Maan really hoped that whatever this guy had to say was worth it. He didn't know how much longer he could go without word of Geet's whereabouts. What really worried him was the fact that her phone was off. He didn't even want to think about the possibilities that that fact raised.

"Look, before I explain why I'm here, I need to tell you that I'm a heroin addict. It's not something that I'm proud of, but my life got really messed up and this is where I am right now. About three months ago I had a pretty bad over dose and almost died. Since then I've been in rehab and done by best to stay clean. I'm here because of the reason I was able to over dose I think is related to the missing girl."

"How is that?"

"The reason I over dosed was because I received a lot of money that I used to by heroin. It was more heroin than I've been able to buy in the past, which was why I used too much. I got the money from a woman who paid me 4000 dollars total to take some pictures. You have to understand, when your hooked, you don't think about anything accept getting your next fix. Even then, I didn't think taking the pictures would hurt anyone. It wasn't of anything scandalous, or like that."

"What were these pictures?"

"I gave her the developed copies, but I kept the negatives. Their in this envelope."

The officers looked at the negatives and seemed to confirm that they supported Adams' story. Maan gritted his teeth, thinking that he had an idea of what might be in those photos. However, he was a lot more interested in who this "woman" was. It seemed that the officers agreed with him, as their next question was to enquire about this woman.

"I don't know very much about her. She was wearing one of those things that Muslim women where to cover themselves, I don't remember what it's called. Everything was covered but her eyes. She had an accent. Um...she used to call me up when she wanted to meet. The number might still be in my phone. Do you want it?"

Maan thought that this whole description of the mysterious woman was too much to believe. It was ridiculous to think that some random woman wearing a burqa was roaming around Chicago, paying for pictures to be taken of them, and that Geet then disappeared. He was sure that the burqa was a disguise and that the woman who was the worst mistake of his life was the one behind it. He walked over to the assistant superintendent and demanded that they find Sameera and bring her in.

"Mr. Khurana, we have no proof that Ms. Kapoor is the woman that paid Adams."

"Look, Sameera is the only one who makes sense. She's a woman, she's was basically stalking me and threatened Geet, who is now missing. If you bring her in for questioning, maybe this Adams guy will be able to identify her."

May 27, 2011 9:20 pm

"I'm Sameera Kapoor. I'm a big person in this town with lots o' friends. You can't treat me like this," came the slurred objection.

"Now, Ms. Kapoor, just sit down there like a good girl. We just want to ask you a few questions."

"I don't wanna answer any questions. I was havin' a fun time an' you ruined it."

Clint Adams watched and listened as the officers tried to deal with the drunken tantrums of Sameera. He studied her intently, before shaking his head. "I don't think that's her. The voice doesn't sound right. The woman's voice was lower pitched than this girl. The eyes aren't right either."

"Are you sure about that?"

"I'm a photographer. I notice details like that, even when I was high. I'm as sure as I can be."

May 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Sitting in the pitch black dark, Geet had no sense of time. She had no idea how long she had been in the room. She thought that it was less than a day, but without a clock, she couldn't be sure. The passage of time was only marked by the occasional appearance of her kidnapper.

This kidnapper really puzzled Geet. She couldn't figure out what this woman wanted. The burqa naturally made her wonder if this kidnapping was some how related to religious extremism, and that perhaps she had been kidnapped for ransom. The thing was, that when the woman spoke, her accent did not sound Middle Eastern in nature. Geet also couldn't figure out if this abduction had anything to do with the earlier shooting incident.

As these question rolled around in her mind, she continuously strained against her bonds. It didn't seem to do much good. She had been duct taped to the chair very securely, barely able to move. The one thing to be thankful for, if there was anything, was that her arms where secured at her side instead of in back. She was sure that she would be in a lot more discomfort than otherwise.

Even though it seemed pointless, Geet continued to try and get loose anyway she could. As she strained against the tape, her hand brushed against her pocket, where she felt her phone. All at once, Geet felt hope rise. If she could just get her phone out of her pocket safely, she might be able to call for help.

She wriggled and squirmed, trying to get her hand inside her pocket. Her first attempts didn't work so well, but then she shifted her body slightly and pulled on her pant leg. That was just enough to get her fingers inside the pocket. When she felt her hand close around her phone, Geet released the breath she was holding. The first step was tackled.

Moving slowly, she drew the phone out of her pocket. As she only had the use of one hand, she didn't want to make any mistakes, or drop the phone. That would destroy her chance of getting help. Bracing the phone carefully against her leg, she turned it on. Tied up as she was, she couldn't sit the phone on her leg and type, she just couldn't move her hand that far. So she had to be content with holding the phone with her fingers and using only her thumb to type.

It was awkward and difficult. She had to shift the phone in order to reach all the numbers and almost dropped it. Finally she had succeeded in typing the emergency number. She pressed the call button and also pressed the speaker option, as she obviously couldn't hold the phone to her face. Now all she needed was to get this call through before that woman came back.

Acharya10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Who is dat mysterious kidnapper?? waiting for next part...
Edited by Acharya10 - 13 years ago
febinyusuff thumbnail
more n more mystery.. awesome sweetheart.. please continue sooon
libra25 thumbnail
awesome...
the  mystery is getting thicker...
ohh so waiting for the next one...
continue soon
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
and it thickens further...(I didnt think it was even possible- but still- wow!)
heermeher thumbnail
hey laxmi dont leaves us now please bring geet back to maan
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I believe sameera is not d one behind this. So d only other women in d story are NT n dadi. Now dadi is d least likely. N d only reason 4 suspecting NT is that she was d vamp in d show 2. So lets just wait n see whats up next.
nisha_hc_bs_dd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I have too many questions going on in my mind . 

Now.. who is this lady? Is she related to Geet's past ??? I don't know  anything but I like  this thickened plot.. and loved the suspense ... Love to read further  how this mystery gets resolved...