Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Yes Maan proposed! Now I just want to know Geet's reaction! 
Thanks for the double update! Continue soon.
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
A lot happened in a day for Geet. JD's incident, Maan's proposal...and the loss of the bracelet which Maan does not know about yet. 
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 49
May 1, 2011 8:22 am

Dadi gave half an ear to little JD, who felt like he had to repeat his adventures of the previous day. He chattered away happily as Geet set his breakfast in front of him before moving to her own seat. Dadi looked back and forth between Maan and Geet, noticing that they kept glancing at each other. She couldn't tell what the glances meant. They didn't seem to be the usual flirty glances that passed between the two. She hoped that everything was alright after yesterday's happenings.

"Geet, could you pass the butter please?" asked Dadi.

"Of course, Dadi," said Geet, taking the butter dish with her left hand and passing it across the table.

Dadi took the dish and was about to turn her attention back to her own breakfast, when she noticed something sparkling on Geet's hand. Her eyes widened in shock and the butter dish dropped from her hand. If her eyes weren't deceiving her, the thing that she had been waiting months for had finally happened.

Apr. 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Geet watched in total surprise as Maan got down on his knees before her. She couldn't understand what he was saying to her, as the whole situation seemed so unreal. Her hands clenched tightly to the folds of her robe, trying desperately to do something, anything.

Geet could see Maan's eyes were desperately pleading with her, and as soon as she saw him take the small box out of his pocket, the temporary deafness she experienced disappeared in time to hear, "Geet Handa, will you marry me?"

Geet blinked slowly, not quite sure she had correctly heard what Maan was saying. It was so unexpected, that she just sat there, mute. There was no denying that she would love to be Maan's wife. The first few months they had worked together back in college, even knowing he had a girlfriend, she had often had dreams about being his wife. Then the Sameera fiasco happened, and even those innocent dreams had been destroyed in the wake of that unfortunate event.

All these years later, after all they had been through and the wonderful few months they had spent as true boyfriend and girlfriend, Geet still had not allowed herself to revive those dreams. Without even truly being aware of it, something inside her was afraid to have any sort of expectations of a future with Maan. In the past, everyone that she had ever cared about had been taken from her, and there was a part of her that feared the same happening again.

She also had had no idea that Maan had been contemplating marriage. They had only been dating officially for a few months, and if anyone had asked Geet how long she thought it would take before he proposed, she would have easily suggested a year or more. All of her shock, insecurities, anxieties and emotions prevented her from uttering even a syllable.

Maan had been hoping for an immediate "yes" and when he didn't get it, he went slightly into panic mode. "Geet, I realize that proposing to you like this maybe isn't the way you would have dreamt me to do it. I really did have some romantic plans made. I wanted the moment to be special for you. Maybe I should have waited, but I just couldn't wait any more. I've been thinking of proposing to you for weeks, but somehow I could never find the courage to do so. I still don't know if I have the courage, but my heart just wouldn't let me be silent a minute longer. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Truly, Geet, my life means nothing if you are not with me. If you feel the same as I do, please say yes. Please consent to become my wife."

Geet reached out with her left hand and cupped Maan's cheek, whispering softly, "Is this a dream?"

Maan clutched her had in his tightly, answering, "No, Mishti, this is no dream."

Geet bit her lip uncertainly, almost as if she didn't quite trust Maan's assurance. Then she suddenly smiled a small smile and removed her hand from Maan's grip. She held it out in front of him, and nodded her head slightly at the question in his eyes. Maan responded with a smile of his own and carefully took the antique family heirloom out of it's box, sliding it smoothly onto her left ring finger. He then lifted her hand to his mouth, kissing first the back of her hand, and then the spot where the engagement ring rested.

They both smiled at each other, bathing in their new found happiness. Geet moved her hand out of his and held it up to her face, admiring the ring that her now fiance had placed on her hand. Maan chuckled at Geet's typical female behavior of checking out her ring. He imagined that once all their acquaintances found out, she would be showing that ring off a lot. Maan hoped so, as it gave him a wonderful feeling to see her wearing something that clearly told the world that the beautiful Mishti belonged only to Maan Singh Khurana. There could now be no more doubt that the woman sitting in front of him was Maan ki Geet.

Geet continued looking at the ring, but soon Maan noticed that tears were streaming down her cheeks. Upon asking her what was the matter, Maan heard her mumble through her sobs, "Maan, I'm sorry I lost the bracelet."

Maan pulled Geet into his arms, where she continued to sob into his chest. "Geet, is that why you're crying?"

Geet nodded and continued to mumble, "I should never have been wearing it. I don't know how much you payed for it, but I'm sure it was very expensive. I'm sorry."

Maan pulled back quickly, exclaiming, "Geet, I give a damn about that bracelet! It's insured, but even if it wasn't, that wouldn't make any difference."

Cupping Geet's face and wiping her tears with his thumbs, he continued, "What I care about is that you are safe. Things can be replaced. You can not. You are what matters to me Mishti, only you."

More gently than he had ever done before, Maan held Geet's face in his hands and placed butterfly kisses on her forehead, her eyes, her cheeks, and finally her lips. Geet clung to Maan hopelessly, to worn out by the entire day's events to do anything but let his mouth play havoc with her senses.

May 1, 2011 8:25 am

"Geet!" Dadi called sharply. "What is that on your finger?"

Geet's eyes immediately moved to meet Maan's, before looking back at Dadi. She couldn't help but blush slightly as she held out her left hand for Dadi to see clearly. Maan had told her that the ring had been in the Khurana family for four generations, always given to the badi bahu on the event of her engagement. He also told her how Dadi had given him the ring months back, indicating her willingness to see them affianced. Even if Dadi had never seen the ring before, there was no mistaking what it's presence on Geet's finger meant.

"Geet, is that...? Maan, have you...? Geet...?" Dadi couldn't seem to get her words out, causing Maan and Geet to again look at each other, with smiles clearly visible on their faces.

"Maan," tried Dadi again, "did you propose to Geet?" A yes nod was the answer. "And Geet, you accepted?" Another nod yes followed.

Dadi's reaction was instantaneous. She quickly jumped out of her seat, first hurrying over to give Maan a hug, and then to Geet. Geet leaned down to take Dadi's blessing, which she gave without hesitation. Dadi was so happy that her dearest wish for Maan was finally coming true, she just couldn't believe it.

"What's happening?" asked a very confused little JD, who didn't understand why Dadi was making a fuss over the new ring on GT's finger.

Maan walked over to JD's seat, bent down so that he was on eye level with the six year old, and explained, "Uncle asked your GT if she would marry him, and GT said yes. That is why Dadi is so excited."

"I have been waiting for this day for so long. I can't believe my pota is finally going to be married. I have to inform everyone. I need to call all my friends, and I need to call all the relatives. I need to call the temple also, and see about setting up an appointment to fix the wedding date. Oh, there is just so much to do, I can't think straight!"

Dadi hurried away, while Maan and Geet just looked at her. They then glanced at each other and burst out laughing. Maan walked around the table to where Geet stood, wrapping his arms around her and giving her cheek a kiss. She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder. That was the moment when Geet noticed that JD was guzzling down his milk, something that he never did. He then got up from the table and started running out of the room.

Geet hurried after him and called out, "JD, what are you doing?"

JD paused and answered, "Dadi said that we have to tell everyone, so I'm going to tell Harsh about you and Uncle before he goes to sleep."

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
laxmi2010 thumbnail

Okay, so readers sometimes get confused about what's happening in the story, and I know that much of that happens because of the way I tell it. Some times I go back and forth between days, and sometimes things that happen in a day are not even told in order. I have noticed a couple of confusions that people have had with the previous update, and I want to make sure I clear those up here.

So, first thing. The accident at the train station really happened. I introduced the whole thing with a nightmare that Geet had after the fact, where JD was not saved, but hit by the train. In the real accident, JD did fall off the platform, but Geet and another nameless person were able to get him off the tracks before the train came.

Second thing. Maan is fully aware of all the events that happened. He knows everything about the accident, and everything that Geet was able to tell about the theft of the bracelet, as well as everything else the police where able to find out. It's not much of a spoiler for me to tell you that the police weren't able to find out very much.

I do want to emphasize again that it is important to pay attention to the dates and times that I include, because as I said I do not always put things in order. That is partially how I keep the suspense going, by not giving away everything right as it happens.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow laxmi so geet accepted... maan and geet's wedding... wow... daadi is so excited... n so is JD... awesome

i had a question playing in my mind for the last few updates...about 15-20 updats ago or more there was an update which said..someone somewhere and someone what clicking geet's pictures also on that trip with jake's parents to that beach... what happened to that?? did i miss any update after that...coz i dint see any mention of that later... is it still to come??
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah yeah!! Loved the update!! And JD was so cute...running off to tell Harsh!

N thanx for clearing the bracelet part...I did get confused about it.
Edited by jazzerette - 13 years ago
Niharika.Nair thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
🥳🥳🥳Party time!!! shaadi time!!!
kahkashansakina thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
wow awesome update 
lovely loved it
pls cont soon
laxmi2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: deniac

wow laxmi so geet accepted... maan and geet's wedding... wow... daadi is so excited... n so is JD... awesome

i had a question playing in my mind for the last few updates...about 15-20 updats ago or more there was an update which said..someone somewhere and someone what clicking geet's pictures also on that trip with jake's parents to that beach... what happened to that?? did i miss any update after that...coz i dint see any mention of that later... is it still to come??

No, you didn't miss anything. I have left a lot of little clues here and there, the picture clicking being one of them, that will slowly start coming together.

NoorFatima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: deniac

i was also wondering the same thing.. and wat about sameera?? is she out of the scene for good or is her return due? she wasnt mentioned after the beach update.. but seems like she'll be there to try to ruin maan and geet's wedding..

btw wonderful update laxmi..