Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YusLiz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
aaww so shweet, if i were Maan i would have milked Geet's jealousy abt woman in the gym for more mazaar.

the welcome back is sooo romantice and yes Dadi and JD will tease them endlessly!

nice update!
sunshine94 thumbnail
lovely update...hope at least maan proposes now...😍

aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome update...loved the way maaneet were bickering with each other...lovers' nok-jhok...geet missed him so much that she went running to his arms...lovely part
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Finally he got the hint that he wanted- Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

Great update!
nan_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
superb
fantastic update
thanks
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 48
Apr. 29, 2011 8:06 pm

When she saw him yawn as they drove home due to the jet lag, Geet had been very insistent that he get to sleep as soon as they got home. Maan didn't want to leave Geet's side so soon, so he used the excuse of helping put JD to bed, in order to get some more time with her. After turning JD's light out and shutting the door, Geet started with her orders.

"Maan, now you go to sleep too. A long flight like that is very draining. You need to rest and recover." Maan just stood in the hallway, looking at her with a little smile on his face.

"Maan, why are you just standing there? Go and sleep."

Instead of going to his room, Maan reached out and pulled Geet into his arms. "I don't feel like sleeping. Now that I'm home, I just want to have a few minutes to look at my Mishti."

Geet struggled in his arms halfheartedly, blushing even as she said, "Maan, let me go. You need sleep, and I have some things I need to finish."

"But I don't want to let you go."

Geet's struggling stopped and her hands started moving slowly up Maan's shoulders and around his neck, even as she said, "Maan, please let me go. What if Dadi comes?"

"I don't care," replied Maan as he moved in closer.

"Maaan!"

Maan smirked at her desperate tone, knowing that if he kissed her, Geet would melt immediately. As he angled his head down, she tilted her head up towards his. Their lips were only a hair's breadth apart, and as he lingered, Maan could feel Geet's hands clenching his shirt and her breathing increase in anticipation of his touch. Being away from her for a week had been very difficult and as much as he felt like drowning himself in her kiss, he felt like teasing her even more.

"Geet," he whispered seductively, "I'll let you go and go to sleep on one condition."

Geet had been expecting Maan to kiss her. When he didn't, she couldn't keep the disappointment for her voice as she pulled back and asked, "What condition?"

"The condition is for you to give me a kiss now and spend the day with me tomorrow."

Geet smiled, but shook her head no. Maan wasn't too thrilled with that, demanding to know why she was refusing. Geet's smile grew at his sullen tone and she tightened her arms around his neck more before she answered.

"Well, Mr. Khurana, first of all, that's two conditions, not one, and second of all, I have a previous engagement tomorrow."

"What previous engagement?"

"JD has a therapy appointment in the morning and in the afternoon we're going to go to the Feed the Cows exhibit at the Lincoln Park Zoo."

"So, I'll come with you."

"Oh, no you won't. You have to get caught up on all the work you missed while you were away."

"What kind of girlfriend are you, telling me spend time at work instead of with you?"

"Maan, I may be your girlfriend, but I am also your office assistant. If you don't take care of this work now, you will have too much to do on Monday."

Maan had to admit she was right, but he didn't want to give up a chance to spend time with Geet. "Okay, I'll catch up on missed work and you spend the day with JD, but I want you to go out with me in the evening."

"Go out where?"

"Anywhere, but just spend the whole evening with me."

When Geet hesitated, Maan cocked his head, tightened his grip, and said, "I won't let you go until you agree."

"Alright, I agree."

"Good, now kiss me goodnight. You shouldn't have a problem with that after you kissed me in front of the entire O'Hare airport, including Dadi and JD."

Geet rolled her eyes, but leaned up and pressed her lips softly to his before saying, "Goodnight."

Maan watched her walk down the hall towards the stairs and out of sight, before turning to head to his own room. He quickly got ready to sleep, changing his clothes, brushing his teeth, all with an occasional yawn. As he got into bed, he had to admit that Geet was right. He was feeling very jet lagged and could do with some sleep.

Maan closed his eyes and tried to sleep, even though it was much earlier than he normally would. He thought that he was so tired that he would drop off right away, but he didn't. He couldn't get his brain to stop thinking. His mind kept going over and over the events of the past week.

As difficult as it had been for him to be away from his family, especially Geet, Maan felt that a lot of important things came out of their time apart. Through their many phone conversations Maan had discovered that Geet was quite jealous of him, which suited his male ego. He also discovered that Geet loathed the idea of leaving JD or giving over his care to someone else. But those two things were overshadowed by the homecoming kiss she gave him.

That single kiss was created such a sense of calmness within him, even as it aroused his passions, that all his anxiety of the past few weeks melted away. Thinking about it now, Maan came to a delightful conclusion. He was sure that everything he had observed about Geet this past week showed that she wanted to stay with him, with the whole family, as much as he wanted her to. He felt very confident in his assessment, and that confidence gave him the courage to reach for his dream. Tomorrow, when they went out, he would ask his Mishti to become his forever.

Apr. 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Geet woke up with a start, her heart pounding in her chest. She quickly grabbed a robe and practically ran out of her room and down the hall. She quietly opened the door to JD's room, and let out the breath she was holding when she saw him sleeping soundly in his bed. Tears started rolling down her cheeks and she walked over to his bed, sitting gently on the edge. Unable to stop herself, she placed her hand on his head and began to run it lightly over his hair, as if to assure herself that he was really there. Time faded away, until she heard her name called softly from the hallway. It was Maan.

"Geet, what are you doing?" he asked gently.

She got up from JD's bed and walked over to him. As soon as she neared the door, Maan could see the tear stains on her face. He wiped them with his fingers and then pulled her into a tight embrace. With Maan's arms enfolding her, Geet couldn't keep back the emotions any longer. She burst into uncontrollable sobs.

"Geet, sweetheart, please don't cry like that. I can't see you crying like this."

"Maan, I can't help it. I'm so scared. What if something bad had really happened. I can't loose him, I can't."

"Geet, everything is alright now. Nothing happened and JD is fine. Everything is fine. Please don't cry anymore, Mishti."

Apr. 30, 2011 5:11 pm

"So JD, do you like riding on the 'L'? Do you think it was a fun thing to do?"

"Yes, GT, the train is really fun, but I don't understand something. How come you didn't drive to the zoo, like when Uncle took us? How come you left the car at Jenny's place?"

"Well, JD, I'm a new driver, and driving in downtown is a little scary for me. There are a lot of cars, and some of the people drive a little crazy. I thought it would be better to leave the car at Jen's and give you a chance to take the train."

"Yeah, I like the train, but the walk is too far. Next time, let's come with Uncle and he can drive us to the zoo. I want to see the lions again."

Geet laughed because JD was so predictable about his interest in lions. If she had let him, he would have spent the whole time at the zoo with the lions, but she wanted to give him the opportunity to see some of the things that they missed before. She promised him that she would speak to Maan about coming back soon to see the lions.

As they walked up to the crowded platform, Geet leaned down to JD and said, "Okay, JD, we're going to wait here for our train. Make sure you hold on tightly to my hand, okay?"

"Okay."

What happened next is something Geet would never be able to forget. There suddenly seemed to be a whole lot of people around them. She was holding on to JD's hand, and looking to see if the train was coming yet. The next thing that she noticed was the feeling of her bracelet being pulled off. She was so surprised that she let go of JD's hand and started shouting that her bracelet was stolen. The crowd began looking for the culprit, which no one seemed to have seen.

The next thing that Geet her was a child's cry, and she looked to see that JD had fallen onto the tracks. With the bracelet entirely forgotten, Geet panicked at seeing what had happened to JD. She started screaming his name and rushed to the edge of the platform. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion, with Geet getting down on to the tracks next to JD, trying to get him up. When he was caught and Geet couldn't free him, a bystander suddenly appeared to help. His shoe was stuck, and the adults quickly worked to untie it and pull him out. As they returned to the side of the platform, others reached down to pull him up as the train started coming around the bend.

In the end no one was really hurt. JD only suffered a few bruises and a missing shoe. Geet found it difficult to not get hysterical as the full impact of what could have happened hit her. She couldn't let JD out of her arms, and even when Maan and the police showed up, wanting to know about both incidents, Geet could hardly tell them a thing about the bracelet. All she cared about was that JD was safe.

Seeing the condition Geet was in, Maan took charge of the situation. He answered the police questions about the bracelet, coaxing Geet to give what information she could about the theft. He then drove both Geet and JD home, while arranging for the car Geet had driven to be picked up. He let Dadi know what had transpired and she did her best to calm Geet down. JD, though shaken, soon got over the incident and talked quite animatedly about his afternoon at the zoo.

Maan canceled their evening plans and sent Geet off to bed as soon as JD was asleep. The day's happenings had really drained her, and he didn't like seeing the paleness of her face. With a brief forehead kiss, he wished her goodnight and a pleasant sleep, assuring her that things would be back to normal the next day.

Apr. 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Geet told Maan about the nightmare she had had about JD. How they had been at the train station, but instead of JD being rescued, he was hit by the train. Maan wanted to not only calm Geet down, but prevent her from accidentally waking up JD or Dadi. He led her outside to the garden, to the gazebo, where he sat them both down on one of the benches. The garden was dimly lit, and exuded a very peaceful atmosphere. As they sat there, Geet's head resting on Maan's shoulder, he could feel her breathing begin to ease a little.

Soon she murmured softly, "It's all my fault. I never should have let go of his hand."

"Geet, it's not your fault. Please stop thinking that. It was just an accident. We were lucky that everything turned out so well, but regardless it was not your fault."

"But what if something had happened to him? How would I live without my little JD? What would I do if I couldn't see his little smiling face every morning?"

"That's a question that I hope we never have to answer."

Geet and Maan sat quietly for some more time, holding each other, Geet's arm around Maan's waist, Maan's arm around her shoulder. After a while Maan pulled back, intending to tell Geet that they should go back inside and go to sleep. As he looked into her liquid eyes, able to see the unshed tears that were still glistening there, Maan felt his heart clench within. She was so very precious to him. It didn't matter that she was sitting there in her nightwear and robe, while he was still in his shirt and tie. It didn't matter that his evening plans had been totally wrecked. His heart wouldn't let him waste any more time.

"Geet," Maan said, and then paused as the weight of what he was about to do fully settled in his mind. "Geet," he said again, "this may be the worst timing ever, and I had made so many romantic plans for this moment, but I can't keep silent any longer."

Geet looked at him in confusion as he withdrew his embrace and put his hand in his right pocket. Maan could tell that she had no idea what he was talking about. He almost decided to forget the whole thing and tell her to never mind and go to bed, but his hand brushed the tiny box inside his pocket. He had put that box there early in the morning, in anticipation of what he had planned for that night. Feeling it in his hand now, his resolve hardened, and he moved off the bench to get down on one knee.

Geet looked at him with wide eyes as he said, "Mishti, I have a question that I want to ask you. It's the most important question of my life, and your answer is the most important answer of my life."

Pulling the box out of his pocket and opening it slowly, he asked, "Geet Handa, will you marry me?"

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

The closet train station to the Lincoln Park Zoo is Sedgwick, as far as I could find. It's almost a mile away from the zoo, so as JD said the walk was long. It would have made more sense for them to take the bus, but then JD wouldn't have gotten a chance to ride the train, or fall on the train tracks.

The "L"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH2dTzc4zf0[/YOUTUBE]

The Khurana Family Engagement Ring. Many of you were wondering. Well here it is.

an awesome update..
loved it
ninavi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
lovely update..😊.
 at least maan propose her 👏
loveddd it
cont sooon
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i was worried for JD...but thank god everything turned out well...