Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.MSKForever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
any chance of an update tonight? if yes, I would like to get my bi-weekly dose of this addictive FF! ;)
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Mrs.MSKForever

any chance of an update tonight? if yes, I would like to get my bi-weekly dose of this addictive FF! ;)

No, not tonight. Maan needs some time and some advice, which you all will have to wait for until another chapter in another story is written.

vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Laxmi before an update on TKH r u gonna once again update the other FF??
laxmi2010 thumbnail

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 44
Apr. 7, 2011 10:30 pm

Maan didn't want to do it, he absolutely didn't want to do it, but he was going to. Maan Singh Khurana was going to do the thing that he absolutely hated, and that was to ask for help. He knew it might make him look week. He knew that he might be made fun of for it. All that didn't matter, because he was doing for a good cause, the best cause.

"Dev, I need your advice."

"Wait. Just wait one second. The entire world should stop and acknowledge this moment. Maan Singh Khurana, the great MSK who is capable of anything is asking for help. And not just from anybody, but from his younger brother, no less."

"Okay, you've had your fun at my expense, now be serious, please."

"Alright Bro, what do you need?"

"Dev, when you proposed to Naintara, how did you do it?"

"What! You're asking me how I proposed? Wait, wait, are you thinking of proposing to Geet? Naintara is going to freak when she finds out!"

"No, Dev," yelled Maan into the phone, before he realized that he should keep his voice down if he didn't want anyone to be privy to the conversation.

"Dev, you can't say anything to anyone, but especially not Naintara. Do you know how much she and Geet talk to each other? There's no way she'll be able to keep it a secret. Just answer my question!"

"Bro, do you remember how young we were? We were barely eighteen and out of high school. Her family was moving back to India and I begged her to elope with me, so her parents wouldn't have a chance to find some idiot for her. Hardly a romantic proposal to emulate."

Dev was momentarily lost in memories of the past and all the hurdles that he and Naintara faced to be together. How he had given up living in the country of his birth to return to the country of his ancestors, just to satisfy her parents' wish to have their only child close. It was only when he heard his brother's voice repeatedly calling his name, that he came back to reality.

"So, Bro, what's the problem? Can't think of something romantic enough to please your lady-love?"

"No, romance isn't the problem." Maan explained his efforts the night of Geet's birthday, and Dev agreed that it sounded like the perfect setup.

"So what was the problem? Why didn't you propose then?"

"I tried, but when I attempted to speak the words, suddenly felt afraid. I just couldn't get myself to ask her to marry me, even though I wanted to. I just couldn't get past the fear."

"What fear, Bro," asked Dev seriously. "Geet's not like Sameera, you know."

"I KNOW she's not like Sameera, that's not it."

"Then what is it?"

"What if she says no?"

"Bro, she's not going to say no. You've been dating for how many months, and you live in the same house, for God's sake."

"Just what do you mean by that?" From Maan's tone of voice, Dev could tell his brother was upset by what he said. It took him a moment to understand what it was.

"Bro, I didn't mean what it sounded like. I just meant that you both see each other all the time, so you're bound to be closer, and I don't mean that way," he added, when Maan growled, "I mean mentally and emotionally. You're bound to know each other better than if you only went on a few dates a week. So, if she's still with you after all this time, why would she say no?"

"Dev, I get what you're saying, but even if what you say is true, that doesn't mean that she wants to get married. Marriage is a big deal, a life altering step. She might have plans for the future, plans that don't include me."

"Bro, come on, how can that be? If she can put up with you this long, why would she have plans that don't include you?"

"Dev, did you know that she got her degree in computer programming?"

"I may have heard something to that effect. So?"

Maan was frustrated with what he considered Dev's obtuseness. "So, now she's stuck being JD's nanny and my office assistant. That obviously wasn't her life's dream."

"Dreams can change."

"But what if hers haven't? What if she wants to find her dream job and move to some exotic place?"

"Bro, come on, now you're just being ridiculous."

"It could happen."

Dev could tell that he was going to have to talk some sense into his brother. "First of all, you can't tell me that regardless of what job she might want to do in the future, that you both couldn't work it out. Secondly, you don't even know what she thinks about working after marriage. You know, when Harsh was born after our second year of marriage, Naintara and I talked a lot about whether she would work or stay at home with him, and let me tell you something. The girl who was adamant the women should have jobs outside the home, who used to debate in school about women needing to go out and show the world what they are capable of, this same girl flat out told me she was going to stay home and take care of our son. She couldn't stand the idea of someone else looking after him, and no job was any kind of compensation for lost time with him. After Meenal was born, we had quite a few conversations about this, and though she admits that in the future she might feel different, right now she still wants to stay home with the children."

"But Dev, Geet isn't Naintara..."

"But she is a woman, and the one thing I've learned about women is that you should never assume you know what they're thinking. The only way for you to know what Geet thinks is to talk to her."

Maan grimaced, and though Dev couldn't see it, he knew his brother well enough to know what his reaction would be. "I know that's not something that you're used to doing. Men in general don't like to talk much, but if you are seriously thinking about marrying Geet, then you need to start having some real conversations with her. You both really need to understand each other and that will only happen if you talk."

When Maan was still silent, Dev asked, "You've been teaching Geet how to drive, right?"

"Yeah."

"You wanted some adivce? Well, here it is. Use that time alone to ask Geet some of these questions that you have. You don't have to make it obvious. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how to get your answers with Geet catching on to the reason why you're asking."

laxmi2010 thumbnail

Note:

The pm function is still not working, so I will pm everyone when it is. I was planning to start another thread, but figured that I wouldn't so that everyone who's following this thread could see the update if they check.

chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
loved it
cant wait to see how maan manages to clarify his doubts
eager to see geet's answers
plz plz continue soon
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow loved it yaar..so awsome 
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maan try to propose Geet..He is afraid that she might say no..I hope Maan follow Dev's advise..talk to Geet while driving..
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Smart dev is a quite smart chap.... I like his advice.... I hope Maan consider his advice.