Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lakshmi86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi,

Great update!!!!!!!!!!!!
loved teasing session between Maaneet.........
so Geet does not like to go for shopping.............

well, Maan is not able to find out the details bot Geet,
he better ask her na...........

hmmm then i wonder who are those people talking, i mean planning,
i guess it revolve around Sam...........
doosheeka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
congrats on your new thread......................marvelous update.................who is this mystery person?
great ff...
plzz add me to ur PM list
keep writing
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 26
Feb. 28, 2011 10:15 am

"Maan, what are you doing?" asked Dadi, when Maan opened the door that Geet had just closed and climbed into the car beside her.

"I'm coming with you."

"You're coming with us," echoed Geet disbelievingly. "You told Chelsea that you were going to be out of the office for an important meeting. How can you come with us?"

"Just like that," said Maan, shrugging his shoulders.

Geet was just about to ask him why he lied about the meeting when Dadi questioned him first with, "Maan, you do realize that Geet and I are going clothes shopping, right?"

"I know that, Dadi."

"But, Maan, you hate shopping. From the time you were a child I had to practically drag you kicking and screaming when you needed new clothes."

"True, but this is the first opportunity to go with my girlfriend. I thought that this time I might enjoy it."

Dadi shrugged, while Geet fumed silently. She knew he was up to something. She guessed that he wanted to punish her for agreeing with Dadi about the Charity Auction. He knew that she wouldn't be able to create a scene with Dadi there. But what was he planning to do, that was the question.

Feb. 28, 2011 10:41 am

Maan sat comfortably inside Apsara's, the exclusive, appointment only boutique that Dadi liked to buy all her sarees from. At the moment they were the only clients there, so the sales girl was buzzing around Geet and Dadi like the busiest bumble bee. Maan watched in silent amusement while Geet animatedly discussed the different colors and how they looked on Dadi. They eventually settled on a purple and gold saree, and Maan was all set to put his plan in motion. He got a shock though, when Dadi paid for her purchase and she and Geet started exiting the shop.

"Dadi, aren't you buying anything for Geet?" asked Maan as he hurried after them.

"Of course, Beta, but not here. As lovely as I'm sure Geet would look wearing saree, we will be buying her dress from Prada. Come along now."

Feb. 28, 2011 11:55 am

Mohan pulled up along side of 30 East Oak Street and once the car was stopped Maan opened the door and then helped Dadi and Geet to exit. Geet had never been inside any Prada store, but having worked in Couture Express, she knew that you walked into a store like this with a lot of confidence, or else the staff treated you with contempt. Dadi and Maan were used to showing that kind of attitude. Geet was not.

When they walked into the store, Maan walked up to the counter, gave his credit card to the sales girl, and said that Geet was too have whatever she wanted. The sales girl looked at the name of the card and her eyes almost popped out of her head, unable to believe that the MSK was in their store. Maan could tell that Geet wanted to say something about his behavior, but her glance at Dadi told him that it wasn't something she wanted to say in front of anyone else. Maan smirked. He knew from the bracelet episode that she wasn't comfortable with him spending money on her, but if she was going to encourage Dadi in her efforts against him, then this is what she had to put up with.

Dadi immediately told that they were attending a charity auction and that they were there to get something appropriate for the evening. Geet specified that skirts needed to be below her knees and no spaghetti straps, sleeves preferable. They were taken to the ladies' department and the sales girl went about selecting dresses. Soon it was time for Geet to try them on and for Maan's real fun to start.

Geet tried on the first of the dresses. It was blue and had lots of folds around the waist and hips. Geet took one look at herself in it, and knew that she wasn't going to step out of the changing room in it, let alone buy it.

"Geet, come out and let us see," said Dadi.

"No."

"Why not."

"The neckline is much too low. Give me some time and I'll put on the next dress."

Soon Geet came out in a plum colored creation that she felt much more comfortable in. The skirt flared slightly and the top of the dress and the shoulders were thousand of tiny beads strung together. Geet would have preferred her shoulders to be covered a bit more, but she liked the color a lot.

"I like it, Geet. What do you think?"

Geet had just opened her mouth when she made the mistake of glancing over at Maan. The frown on his face killed the words hovering on her lips. As she continued to look at him, he mouthed the words, "No. Very bad." Geet's face fell at his disapproval, but she decided that if she liked the dress, who was he to tell her no? She turned to Dadi and tried to say that she liked it, but couldn't get the words out. Finally she said she didn't care for it and would try the next dress.

Trying the next two dresses increased Geet's frustration. She liked the black one because it wasn't made of slinky material, and Geet felt that made it very modest. But Maan silently complained that it made her look old. Naturally she couldn't choose that dress. She really liked the cobalt blue dress, because, although it was shorter than the others, it had sleeves and a high back, as well as a very interesting design. Maan swore she looked pregnant in it. That was the end of that dress.

Dadi was becoming equally as frustrated as Geet. She had no idea what Maan was silently doing, so she assumed the dresses were not to Geet's taste. However, when she tried to get Geet to explain what was wrong with the dresses she had tried, Geet was only able to give her vage answers and look uncomfortable. She sent the sales girl to get some more dresses, and the process began again.

Geet nervously came out wearing a frothy, white concoction, that made her uncomfortable. Though the dress was floor length, it had a sheer top, which Geet felt showed too much of her skin. She was about to tell Dadi it was a no again, when she saw Maan smiling and mouthing the words, "Good choice." Geet was so relieved that Maan had nothing bad to say about it, that she immediately told Dadi she liked the dress.

"Really, Geet? You don't think it's a little bland?"

"No, Dadi, it's very nice."

"It seems to be a little loose in some places," commented the sales girl. "I'll get one of out seamstresses to come take it in for alterations."

While they waited, Dadi tried to persuade Geet to rethink her choice, but Geet continued to affirm that she like the dress. Dadi capitulated, but made Geet promise to try the rest of the dresses before making a final choice. After the seamstress pinned the dress in the proper places, Geet went back into the changing area to put on yet another dress.

This time it was green option that Geet would have loved, if only her chest and back weren't so exposed. When she came out to show Dadi one of the sleeves, if they could be called that, slipped off her shoulder. Embarrassed, Geet put the sleeve back up and tried to stammer that she didn't feel comfortable in this one, when she once again saw the approval on Maan's face. All she could get out was it was nice except for the loose sleeves, which the seamstress took care of with a few pins.

It was time for the last dress. Geet really liked this one as it had long sleeves, a long full skirt and covered her well on top. She came out to show Dadi, and this time she was determined not to look at Maan. She figured that he would come up with something wrong with the dress, and she didn't want him to influence her any more. She spun around a few times so that Dadi could see the whole thing.

"Geet, I agree it's a very flattering shape and nice design, but I'm not too sure about the side slit."

"What side slit?"

Geet hadn't noticed any side slit, so she turned toward the mirror. First she looked on the left, but didn't see anything. Then she angled and bent her right leg slightly, and suddenly the slit opened wide. Geet quietly gasped at how high up it went. She couldn't believe she had missed that! There was no way that she would chose this dress. At that moment she made the mistake of glancing up in the mirror, where she could see Maan standing a ways behind her, giving her a scorching look and saying, "Wow." That look in his eyes took away her thoughts completely. When Dadi again questioned about the side slit, Geet just murmured that it wasn't too bad, and went back into the changing room.

Not quite understanding Geet's behavior, Dadi shook her head and turned back to look at Maan. Not wanting to get caught by Dadi, Maan had turned his head slightly and endeavored to look bored. He succeeded, for Dadi walked over to him, clearly annoyed with him.

"Well, Maan. If you were just going to stand there the whole time looking bored, what was the need for you to come? You're such a hopeless boyfriend, I don't know what Geet sees in you. The least you could have done was told her she looked pretty one time."

"Dadi, Geet will get whatever she wants. Why do I need to say anything?"

"Hmph! Just like a man, and no less a dud than your grandfather!"

Feb. 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Geet struggled with the zipper of the dress, trying to get it loose. It was stuck at that spot in the middle of her back that was difficult to reach. She had been trying to move it up or down for the last five minutes with no luck. Her frustration was mounting and she decided to call for some help.

"Dadi? Miss? Hello?" Not hearing any response, Geet tried louder. "Can I have some help, please?"

Maan had been waiting by himself, very bored, for quite a few minutes when he heard Geet call out. Looking around he saw that there was no one else around. He remembered Dadi saying something about going to look for purses or something and the sales girl had taken her to a different area of the store. He heard Geet call out again, and though he could easily find someone to help her, the devil inside him had a different idea.

It had been fairly enjoyable to give her a hard time about the dresses, yet that wasn't quite enough. No, Ms. Geet Handa hadn't gone through quite enough to make up for the horror he would have to endure due to the stupid charity auction. Walking silently, Maan entered the ladies changing area unnoticed and made his way to the room Geet was in. He opened the door, as she had left it unlocked, and moved inside.

"The zipper is stuck. I can't seem to move it one way or the other. I really need some help." All this was said by Geet as she continued to try and undo the zipper, her head bent and turned to the side, allowing Maan to walk up behind her unnoticed.

The first that Geet knew something was not as expected was when she felt rough, warm fingers touch her own. Those fingers took hold of the zipper even as she jerked her head up and looked over her shoulder. Thinking that it was Dadi or the sales girl who had come in, Geet got the shock of her life, seeing Maan behind her.

"What are you doing?" she yelped, as she tried to turn around.

Maan held the zipper and the fabric harder in his fingers, preventing her from moving. "I'm giving you the help you asked for."

"But, I...Where is Dadi, or...?"

"They both went to look for something. Be quiet and let me work on this zipper."

Geet was all ready to tell him off when she felt a strange sensation. Maan had bent down to get a better look at the problem, and Geet could feel the warmth from his breath on her back. She closed her eyes and silently told herself that she was not feeling what she was feeling. She was not going to be affected by the brush of his finger or the sensations that occurred when he exhaled. She would breath deeply and slowly, and that would calm her racing heart.

Just when she thought she couldn't take it anymore, Geet felt the zipper give way. She let out a sigh of relief and waited for Maan to leave. That left her entirely unprepared for what he did next. Maan continued to pull the zipper down until it stopped at the small of her back. But that wasn't the most shocking thing. Geet felt what she was sure were Maan's lips brushing ever so gently against her skin. The contact was so surprising that Geet forgot to breath. As his lips continued to trail up her spine as his fingers roamed lightly all over her back, Geet inhaled sharply and put her hand out to the wall in an attempt to keep herself from colapsing.

"What are you doing?" she asked shakily.

"Helping you," he murmured, continuing his assault on her senses.

"That's not what you're doing."

"It's not?"

"No...You're.....uh...."

Geet lost all train of thought when she felt Maan begin to push aside the opened fabric of the dress. She wasn't wearing her bra, as the dresses had inbuilt support, and this allowed Maan unrestricted access to her bare skin. She bit her lip in response to his continued kisses, that were slowly driving her crazy. Both forgot where they were, as instinct took over. They were no longer in control. Anything might happen.

"Geet? Geet?" The suddenness of Dadi's call pulled Maan and Geet back from the brink.

It took Geet a moment to compose herself, before she replied, "Yes, Dadi?"

"Are you about finished?"

"Al...almost."

"Geet do you know where Maan went?"

Geet gulped, and looked nervously at Maan, before replying, "No, Dadi."

"He must have wandered off. I'll go look for him, and you come quickly."

Geet waited a moment for Dadi to leave, then she quickly zipped up her dress, and turned around fully to face Maan. "Have you lost your mind?" she accused. "Just what did you think you were doing?"

"Nothing that calls for you to look daggers at me like you are right now."

Geet groaned angrily before saying, "You! You get out of here, without being seen by anyone, or I swear I will tell Dadi everything!"

"You won't."

"I will. Get out!"

As soon as Maan left, Geet hurried to the door and pushed the lock. Then, instead of changing out of the dress, she leaned her head against the door. She couldn't believe what had almost happened. Actually, she wasn't sure what had almost happened. She didn't know how far things might have progressed if Dadi hadn't interrupted. Geet wondered what Maan had been doing. What was the need for such behavior? Did he even know how to stay within his limits? How was she ever going to keep herself safe from the pain of loving a man who didn't love her, when he behaved in such a way?

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Dadi's saree. Just so you know, as far as I am aware, there is no store or boutique in Chicago called Apsara's. I just made up my own place.

Prada is of course a real design house, and really has a store in Chicago. These dresses are not Prada, they are just some dresses I found on the Internet and liked.

The four dresses Geet does not choose.

The three dresses Geet "likes".

vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
me first.... 😆😆😆

awesome update.... 😛😃
Edited by deniac - 13 years ago
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Very naughty & Entertaining update..Loved your choice of clothes,especially the black one with slits.
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow!!!!!!!!!!! the dresses r beautiful....................what is maan doing?
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
amazing update..................
wat was maan upto well he know she doesnt like when he spends money on her or when he kisses her ( i mean she likes it but not accepting it)................

not sure wats gonna happen to their relations

by the way nice dress sel
YusLiz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i've been waiting eagerly for an update. did you know i stumbled upon your post 2 nights ago and had read from the beginning to part 25 all in a span of an hour. i felt tat was taking too long as i devour every single words tat you have wrote.

this is truly truly amazing and i couldn't believe my lucky stars to have found this pot of gold. your take on maan & geet is so refreshing, it's so modern yet have all the elements and values and especially the hot chemistry between them as the original plot.

pls pls pls add me to your PM list and update soon. i can't wait to see wait mischieve maan will get into when geet is wearing the dress with the slit (she's gg to choose that right).

truly u are an amazing storyteller! shall wait with bated breath for the next update!