Theme : college or a hang-out place
Genre: Pure fun and masti
Couple : SaNu ( Samrat n Nupur)

i hope friendship couples are allowed too =P
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: aish_punk

ananya - its a pleasure lol i actually i found ur theme pretty easy..n i really cant write complicated or sad stuff much :P.....i hope u liked reading it :)..thanks 4 ur sweet words..

aria - eh, well am not sure..i read one of ur FF's or maybe one-shots...dunno if that counts as an interaction...n thanks...lol, seriously...it does'nt happen 2 us atleast! *sigh*...n u mean Angad's?..lol..

sri - thank u..was the end diff or not? :S..lol, i did'nt get u!..thanks for liking it..

@aish. welll yes...angad's....armaan's.....you know i am kind of biased towards you-know-who😆

RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aish_punk

sri - thank u..was the end diff or not? :S..lol, i did'nt get u!..thanks for liking it..

ok the end was lovely ans very nice...
i felt it was different  because it had a interesting ending like..
" ' do u mind if i take it?' he asks"

'Sure, but i might need it back' i say.

" 'we'll have to meet again for that..' he winks"

especially the last line...the story ends with a possibilty that they can meet again or will they ever meet again?
i liked it n felt different..

hope i cleared it..
i know "i am too confusing" at expressing..sorry *😃* 
goodwishes..
sri:-)
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
just ignore
😊
Edited by olive_green - 14 years ago
anu.happy4ever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey Sookie,

this was really an eye opener!! So many things got intertwined as we spoke about this one. Thanks to you for writing this!

This book-reading reminds me of Infinity....I'm missing it terribly now...continue that soon!

**sighs** this didn't end up in love at first sight at an unexpected airport meeting!! I'm sick and tired of such stories. :-D

Anu
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

This story is response to request by Hina.

Audience of one

"For broken hearts, torn feelings, missing friends and lost love, I give you this song on this particularly chilly monsoon evening where raindrops feel like coins falling from a coin purse of an old lady. Enjoy the song I am playing for you and wish a hello to your loved one in your heart 'Broken' by Lifehouse." An RJ crooned this in one breath as the beginning notes of a melancholic song started to play.

The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight

Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time

The fingers which were moving along the neck of the violin in a synchrony of music composed in his head stilled. The words from the radio held no static and were clear to his ears. Music was beautiful and the words truthful. His fingers resumed their action a little brusque this time while his mind tried not to think about the lyrics from the song. He had heard the words of RJ before the song started playing and instantaneously his treacherous mind had put a face to the words. Her.

Once upon a time, the importance of her presence was more than that of his music. He was a promising new violinist and she was simply her. People had said that he would do great things and write amazing music and he was just learning then. It was a spring evening when he had picked up violin from the street fiddler and had started to play for fun. The fiddler had not minded the intrusion and had enjoyed a melancholic tune to mark the onset of end of the day played by a young man who had insisted at the start that he was a mere student while his fingers had moved like a professional. The fiddler had hugged him once he had finished his performance and pedestrians finished applauding. He had earned the fiddler meals for a week or so. He had bumped into her as soon as he had turned away from the fiddler. She invited him for a cup of coffee which in turn led to lunch and then to dinner and finally they were seeing each other every day.

One day, she left.

And she left a wound which turned into a permanently aching scar.

I am here still waiting though I still have my doubts

I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out

After that all the music that was swimming in his head had turned mute. His fingers had shaken as he caught the neck of the violin and the bow trembled due to tightness in his palm. His music was still brilliant, no doubt, but it had lost something. And once he had realized it, he quit playing.

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing

With a broken heart that's still beating
He had quit playing music and composing. His family was shocked, his teachers mourned for a loss of talent and his friends seethed for his emotional breakdown. He however remained nonchalant towards everything around him. But he was someone who was always immersed in music and everything that had to with music.

So he chose to become a luthier. (A luthier is a person who makes or repairs stringed instruments)

He could not let go of music completely. There were times when memories accompanied a tune which made him miss a note or bounce the bow. In those moments, his mind turned blank and hands stood still. Music lay forgotten.

In the pain, there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

The words from the song playing on the radio get etched in his mind and plays continuously. His fingers do the things from its memory and his mind remembers a part of his life which he both cherishes and dislikes. She had burned him like a sunset would but for him, the night had never come to soothe his pain. He was stuck in twilight where confusion lay between darkness and light.

He could not let her go. He was not ready to let her go.

The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life

The way he handles the violin in his hands is like a mother carrying her baby. He is gentle with it and handles with utmost care. He is preparing this violin for an order he received via telephone. The caller was a man who wished to present a custom made violin to his wife. His heard had filled with warmth when he had heard the man's gushing words about his wife's fixation for violins.

He tweaks the tuning pegs out of pure habit and runs the bow on the strings. He is dissatisfied with the sound produced and sits down once more to tweak and fine tune. The word from the song played before runs in his mind and gives him a vision of an old memory.

It is a memory of them, being happy. He had tried to teach her violin but her constant distraction with the outside world had not allowed him to give her a proper class. She loved being with people, traveling, mountain climbing and art. Her distraction had not only been with the people around them but also with reality. When he thought that he had really understood her, she did something exactly opposite of what was expected and sometimes he failed to get a reaction from her. She was a constant contradiction and he related that to the music which he composed during their affair. He played improvised variations of many standard compositions which had baffled his professors to no end.

Once she left, he had burned those music sheets.

I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you throw my way
And I'm hanging on to the words you say
You said that I will be OK

He shakes his head to clear his mind of dusty thoughts and forgotten times. This isn't the time for retrospection, he admonishes himself. He tests the newly tuned violin and smiles discreetly in self appreciation for the music it produces. When the sound becomes satisfactory to the heart, it automatically becomes music. He knows this fact and that is the reason why he is still in business. He neatly packs the violin in its case and cleans his studio on reflex. There is a chime at the door and he wonders who that might be. He is fairly new in town and he has no friends. The customer, the man who has ordered a violin for his wife, his mind reminds him. He smiles and opens the door.

A man stands with a woman, both smiling. She clutches her husband's arm lovingly and is laughing at something he said and buries her face in his arm to muffle the sound of her laughter. She turns around at the sound of opening of a door and widens her eyes in surprise.

He meets the woman's eyes which are swimming with guilt. He hands over the violin tonelessly to the man and shuts the door without any further conversation. He is surprised to find that the anger which he had expected to come, never really came and the angst that had been weighing him down for past few years had disappeared somewhere and he felt light and free.

He felt like playing violin.

And so he did.

The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now, haven't forgotten my way home

~Sookie

Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Audience of One.

God knows why this one came to my mind.

Kaise bataayein, kyun tujhko chahe, yaara bataa na paaye.
Baatein dilo ki, dekho jo baaki, aankhein tujhe samjhaye.
Tu jaane na .. tu jaane na .. tu jaane na .. tu jaane na
Milke bhi, hum na mile, tum se na jaane kyun. meelon ke, hai faasle, tum se na jaane kyun. anjaane, hai silsile, tum se na jaane kyun. sapne hai, palkon tale, tum se na jaane kyun.ooo ooo..
Kaise bataayein, kyun tujhko chahe, yaara bataa na paaye.
Baatein dilo ki, dekho jo baaki, aankhein tujhe samjhaye.
Tu jaane naa..aaa... tu jaane na .. tu jaane na .. tu jaane naaaa...

Let it go, if it comes back it is yours. If it does not, it never was yours. Move on.
Edited by Prasanthi - 14 years ago
DMG4EVER thumbnail

Hey I have another request for ya'll.

Theme: Food Fight
Genre: I am not fussy... Ya'll choose
Couple: Armaan [+] Riddhima

Love Misha  

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Part 5 & Epilogue:

The party was at its high when Kripa walked in flustered...
Mishti had been waiting restlessly at the door
"what took you so long Kripa? and why do u look so pale ?...is everything alright ?
"Yeh,everything's fine and why shouldn't it be..." Kripa moved in to join the party leaving Mishti a little confused....
"You sure everything's ok yeh?" Mishti wasn't able to budge her concerns
" yeh,all's good ,lets get some drink shall we?" Kripa had mastered the art of concealing her inner feelings owing to her experiences in life....She lived a dual life ,one for Angad and one for the rest of the world ,sadly none for her own self...she did have a few instances when the two sides of her intervened and left her disturbed...
and tonight was turning out to be one of them...

The loud music and merrymaking gave her a chance to relax ...
 the hospital staff from consultants to nurses ,all loved Kripa,they admired her earnest dedication to her job and the natural friendly and helpful attitude she possesed...She was popular among her patients ,the most wanted consultant ....

Angad was the love of her life,she loved him unconditionally albeit their relation lacked a real confession .
He was a part of her life ,despite not being physically there with her ,she happily lived with him in her heart
she had never met anyone like him,may be coz she never expected to...
Hoping that he'd return someday ,she was prepared for wait  for as long as eternity...

Towards the end of the evening,the DJ played soft romantic music and the couples danced intimately ,some drunk and some genuinely in love...Kripa reminisced the time she'd danced with Angad and much to her surprise she could feel the similar notes of the guitar in the song...The passionate music made her senses ripple and heart flutter as she dipped back into the memory of thier desirable kiss..........

A loud applause brought her back to the present time, the time she wished he was there...to love and be loved.....

Kripa tipped the driver and wished him 'Happy christmas'
he wished her back and drove away merrily....She then wrapped herself and carefully walked over the thin layer of snow
While unlocking the door,she noticed an envelope stuck in the slot of the letter box
She immediately pulled it out to read the senders name
'Angad Khanna'

Shutting the door behind her she quickly unsealed the envelope ,her heart skipped a beat  when she read

Dear Kripa

I love you and I love you lots...

~~~~~

her heart cried out with joy as she read the lines over and over again...feeling giddy ,she clutched onto the banister and slumped onto the stairs kissing the letter ,she smiled and whispered
 I knew u loved me Angad.....
of course I love you too...

This was the best Christmas present she could have wished for...the feeling of being loved stood parallel to none other
Whilst enjoying her moment of glory she continued reading further

Kripa ,you are the best thing thats ever happened to me
just a couple of meetings and I knew I had found my soulmate
Life hasn't been the same ever since .....

Yours always
Angad.....

p.s: A few wise people believe that hand written letters add a personal loving touch to the message and I happen to be one of them
I had written this letter last year at christmas but never found the courage to send it with the card
and now since its Christmas time again ,I thought of making it special for the extra special person you are
'Merry Christmas Kripa'
With all my love
Angad

pps:' This letter is hand-delivered
with a bunch of red roses
Please open your front door and claim them from the sender awaiting some warmth in the freezing cold........

~~~~~

Epilouge

Briefly shutting her eyes to contain the dream in herself forever
"I love you Angad..." she whispered to voice her heart

The door bell rang moments later and her eyes gleamed with joyful ecstasy,
her heart jumped and her body stiffened.....
"Is it really him or am I fantasizing again?" she asked herself
knowing the former was what she'd like it to be...

Inching towards the door to cover a distance of 3 long years,
her heart and mind entangled in a debate of dream and reality,
she turned the knob open with a tremble running through her body....

bedazzled by the moment of bliss ,
she blinked her eyes in disbelief .....
Its was him, her 'Angad' standing at her doorstep
with a bunch of red roses and a lifetime full of love .....

He took a step ahead ,her senses weakened and her thoughts played havoc...
a second step further and she was drawn into his arms for an embrace to last an eternity...

While he stroked her hair ,she felt his numb fingers tickle her ear and neck
breaking out of the hug ,she realized he was close to frozen...

Intertwining her fingers with his,she sweeped him indoors into the warmth of  togetherness...
His enchanting eyes appraised his love and she knew her quest was now complete...

~~~~~

Breathing erotically ,she gasped and whispered
"I love you Angad"
" love you too Kripa"
 he replied with a smile to find his wife confessing her love yet again in a state of slumber...
"She must be dreaming of the night we met not to part again..." he thought

Gently tracing his finger along her oversized bulging belly ,he then grinned wide with hope and pride...

It was their first Valentines after they'd married at Christmas the year before ,
Angad was offered to play at a concert that promised recognition amongst the most renowned musicians of the UK...
with his mom's good wishes and Kripa's inspiration and undying support
his performance was a huge success ...

That evening after the show,she danced like an angel in the snow...
just like she had when he was first captivated by her innocence and beauty...

he danced along with her to celebrate their love
It was then that they had wished for a Christmas baby,
and now their wish was soon going to come true...

The rhythmic sensation within , made her smile as she opened her eyes to find him snuggled up to her tummy,murmuring ever so soft...
She ran her fingers through his hair and held her bump with the other hand and said

all I want for Christmas is you...

~~~~~

all done...
cheers !
Hina

Edited by hinanaziri - 14 years ago
aish_punk thumbnail
sookie - awesome!..he gave up his talent..music bcuz she left him..aww tats sad..n she did'nt even care to give an explaination before leaving...but then he did'nt lose complete touch of music..n then later he met her again thru it..but she was someone else's now..n he was'nt bothered why she left him..thats good that he got over her...