Users

Frequent Posters

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: sri_4

hey sookie*
another lovely one!!!
loneliness!!!another different approach from u r side..
gosh how u write all this is still a question to me..
are u a professional writer / have written any books earlier...?
sorry if its too personal,u need not answer then!!!just ,my curiosity!!
good wishes..
Sri:-)

Hello Sri!

Thanks for liking this one shot.

You should have read my PS properly. :-) I am nowhere close to writing business except here and there and I have zero professional writing experience, unless writing emails and posting on blogs count!

Sookie
-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: aish_punk

hey sookie..this was short n sweet..

they're breaking up even though they dont want to..thats happens often..n its sad too..

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish

-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prasanthi

Hey Sookie!!

Read the last 2 in a go :P.

@Recoil - Well penned parting between the two. Words again created magic here!! :D

@Code - A time will come when we get so used to the hardships or happiness.. that it  becomes so normal just like any other day. Very nicely told fact!!! Thanks for both!!

Hey Prasanthi!

I am glad you did. Word magic? Now look who is generous with her compliments.
Code of conduct was written on an impulse. 
:-) Glad you liked it.
Edited by Sookie* - 14 years ago
-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: aish_punk

hey sookie..nice one..

she is tired of being in a relationship more than being a single..she wants company..a good one..but then all the ones she had till now have been so bad..that she's bored..!..well thats happens i guess..n now she dusnt even care about the world around her or the compliments given 2 her dress..

do write more

-aish

Thanks aish. Actually the guy is not only complimenting her dress but is also giving her an open invite. She just stops not-caring.
Mridhula thumbnail
Recoil: very well written. they are pretty simple words but they manage to convey a lot. it's usually the simple, short and aweet lines that get a us to think about a million outcomes. they have different meanings and that's what makes them more effective sometimes...the reader would always feel involved that way because it can always be viewed in a way either the reader understands or relates to....

definitely liked this one.

Code of Conduct: very interesting and different. it was like she was tired of being single; she didn't really care much about anything. and the fact that if someone had approached her years back would have made an enormous difference, but given the present time, it doesn't effect her even an ounce...Edited by Mridhula - 14 years ago
Girl_2007 thumbnail
Hi, i read ur first four creations and.. wow, dont hav any words to give u compliments.. (i cud surely take some of ur impressive vocabulary though 😛)
lolz, in short, from the first four, the one that i liked the most is the first, i had some unclear idea or concept of writting something similar, but i just cudnt come out wid the idea.. too complex, and cmpletely new for me, so, i frankly thank you for sharing that text wid us 👏 I wanted some combination of words that cud make me imagine and feel that situation and place and, well u did it 😃👏 
incredible, amazing, and beautiful, all of them
if i tell u, realli, i was imagining the second text in the same scenario of the first one... so i guess i hav to read it all again, 😃 wid more time and concentration, and wid a dictionary by my side to tell how much i like this thread and its content.
i think i have rather commented on the first post of urs, so... wait for me to read the next ones
Till then, see you, and keep writting a lot please 😛
-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mridhula

Recoil: very well written. they are pretty simple words but they manage to convey a lot. it's usually the simple, short and sweet lines that get a us to think about a million outcomes. they have different meanings and that's what makes them more effective sometimes...the reader would always feel involved that way because it can always be viewed in a way either the reader understands or relates to....

definitely liked this one.

Thanks! I am glad you did. And you are right about reader's perspective, to take the piece in whichever way he/she wishes to.

Code of Conduct: very interesting and different. it was like she was tired of being single; she didn't really care much about anything. and the fact that if someone had approached her years back would have made an enormous difference, but given the present time, it doesn't effect her even an ounce..

In a way you are right, in a way no. I think she just doesn't care about being single anymore. For her, its now a conscious choice to be lonely.

Thanks for your comments Mridhula!

-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Girl_2007

Hi, i read ur first four creations and.. wow, dont hav any words to give u compliments.. (i cud surely take some of ur impressive vocabulary though 😛)

lolz, in short, from the first four, the one that i liked the most is the first, i had some unclear idea or concept of writting something similar, but i just cudnt come out wid the idea.. too complex, and cmpletely new for me, so, i frankly thank you for sharing that text wid us 👏 I wanted some combination of words that cud make me imagine and feel that situation and place and, well u did it 😃👏 
incredible, amazing, and beautiful, all of them
if i tell u, realli, i was imagining the second text in the same scenario of the first one... so i guess i hav to read it all again, 😃 wid more time and concentration, and wid a dictionary by my side to tell how much i like this thread and its content.
i think i have rather commented on the first post of urs, so... wait for me to read the next ones
Till then, see you, and keep writting a lot please 😛

Hello Girl (maybe you can leave a name next time to address you correctly?)

Thank you for liking this thread. As you see, there are updates almost daily and its sort of daily dose of angst release from my end :-), to put it mildly.

Sure, take your time to go through other stuff on this thread. I will be here.

Sookie
-Sookie- thumbnail
The Good wives club

I saw you reading a sheet of paper waiting for the elevator this evening. You were surprised to see me come and stand next you. As we walked into the elevator, memories came flooding into my mind. Our acquaintance had begun in these elevators. Our offices were on 45th floor which incidentally happened to be the topmost floor in this building. Given the number of people who came in and out of elevators till we reached our destination, sometimes it would take close to twenty minutes to reach our offices. Outside these elevators, we were two strangers working in the same building. Knowing names wasn't important either but after about a week or so, it kind of slipped out. Anonymity was our closest companion. Well, besides coffee that is.

"Your nose is bleeding." You pointed out to me. I idly wiped it with a tissue. You were startled to see me chuckling. You were looking genuinely puzzled so I took pity on you and verbalized my train of thought.

"You are standing at an arms length from me but the distance between us is far greater than the distance between an ocean's shore and horizon. Is that the reason why you can only see my bleeding nose and not my bleeding heart? But then again, horizon is an illusion after all." I had gushed this in one single breath even before a drop of blood which trickled from my nose had hit the floor of the elevator. Your face had paled after listening to my words.

We never really talked about anything personal. It was mostly about poetry, The Simpsons, Phillip.K.Dick, Marxism and odd historical facts. There were days when I was actually looking forward for meeting you just because I had read some obscure historical fact. Those thoughts were ruled out faster than blink of an eye.

I had turned up one day with visible bruises on my face, my make up failing to hide a black eye completely. One look at me and you started to narrate an incident at your office the other day. By the time we reached our floor, tears were flowing freely from my eyes and I had clutched my stomach from the pain all my laughter was causing. Before you departed you had uttered very gently, "It's okay to ask for help." The smile had died on my lips and I did try to get some help.

But nothing really came out of it. I simply improved my make up applying skills and wore full sleeved turtle neck sweaters which covered new wounds and old scars. Nothing much changed. But yes, for about thirty to forty five minutes daily, I indulged myself with a stimulating conversation sometimes witty sometimes intellectual; sometimes full of sharp insinuations from you regarding my situation. I never told you anything about it, but it was something which was not so entertaining in a civilized conversation isn't it?

Somehow this evening I couldn't come up with anything witty or intelligent to begin the normal routine. The silence was oddly comforting and I felt a strange sense of detachment from everything. As the elevator got closer to the ground there was a constriction in my throat. I muttered a hurried good bye and literally ran out of elevator.

As I soaked myself into the hot tub of water, I let the aromas of candles, bubble baths and roses take over me. I have written everything I have thought of telling you, jokes, facts about Henry VIII, how good you look in your gray suit, why I like Pontiac GTO better than a Sebring and so much more. The letter was posted to you this evening on my way back from work. Aromas around me started to lull me to a peaceful slumber. And then, the water in the tub started to turn red. I threw the blade away and enjoyed a scented bath.

Somehow the fact that this was the last thing I would ever do in my life again didn't bother me one bit. As the water turned a deeper shade of red every second, I drifted away.

Sookie
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Oh me!! Why did she do that? Uffff... all her emotions are so beautifully unfolded. The pain was felt all through the read. An awesomely written one Sookie!