Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: olive_green

actually i was really surprised when i read your first one at first..at the uncanny similarity between the idea this poem. thanks for putting it out there so i could share these words, never thought this one would make much sense to people..but stranger things happen. 😊

:-) I wrote this back in 2005 and one of my most earliest pieces. There is a little back story to it.
I love this graphic novel called "Sandman" by "Neil Gaiman" and I was reading it when I saw ink work of Lucifer. It was something that I had never imagined.

There is a man/thing who has sinned so much in earth that he would be stuck in hell for eons. He demands for more punishment for his sins and then Lucifer replies - "If you were to get what you wanted, even punishment, then it wouldn't be called Hell now, would it?"  (Not verbatim)

That was the picture stuck in my mind when I wrote this piece.
Actually your poem is more accurate than what I described and I was really surprised when I read your words.
Glad we shared a thought years ago. :-)
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
thats exactly the image i had in mind, someone who had taken her life and was stuck in this world - where she could see her death bed, and as the rest of the poem goes...could see the flowers and see the leaves flutter in the breeze...but couldnt feel or inhale the fragrance of spring....and that was her punishment...bascially learnt to appreciate life...till finally was alive again..i dont know what prompted that thought..mine was written back in 01-29-00 :) yup thats the date. wow! at how we both shared the same thought.
Edited by olive_green - 14 years ago
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
reserved

hope to be back soon!

Alright! I never knew that I'll be back here so soon :D.

Hi Sookie!

Its not the story that attracts me, but your choice of words that have the knack to pull me over n over again! Enjoyed reading it.  My favouriite:
Arguments. Negotiations. Compromises. Endings.

Its mocking me, its inviting me, its consuming me in its big fat belly filled with words. I twirl the glass. Amber encourages me at the same time when the paper invites.

Throat burns. Eyes water. Hands shake. Head hurts.

Edited by Prasanthi - 14 years ago
bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just read the next one... it written briliantly.. till the end i wondered whats it gogin to be.. where which situation she is in..and the signing part made me realise her issues... i think there is a sense of suspense filled with great words sed to in very little space explain a vast description which perhaps is also complicated... so great job again sookie..and i have ot mention i liek the title evrytime.. it just that its sooo easy for u to play with these words whcih suit so well.. and r in memory for long... great work.. keep it up dear..
tc
Bhoomi

-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhoomikauttam

Just read the next one... it written briliantly.. till the end i wondered whats it gogin to be.. where which situation she is in..and the signing part made me realise her issues... i think there is a sense of suspense filled with great words sed to in very little space explain a vast description which perhaps is also complicated... so great job again sookie..and i have ot mention i liek the title evrytime.. it just that its sooo easy for u to play with these words whcih suit so well.. and r in memory for long... great work.. keep it up dear..

tc
Bhoomi

Thanks a lot Bhoomi! I am glad you liked this one shot. It was one of those conversation inspired spur of the moment thing. Its a pretty simple story isn't it?

On a side note, I updated first post in this thread regarding titles used. Starting this chapter, it will be from NCIS TV series :-)
RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
hey sookie*
how r u ?
lthnks for PM..
sometimes i feel "i" am not worth reading u r writings..they are so lovely and as i said i am very blunt to understand them until i read it 4-5 times again and again..
they have lots of feelings and emotions and ofcourse u r suspense and mystic elements...which i fail to understand most of the times.....
yet i try cos i just love them...
i wonder in which part of the world u r as most of u r writings are inspired my many eng serials/movies...
just want to say that this particular part was fab...-a ladys feelings at the time of divorce...
thanks again for u r lovely effort..no matter how long back u have written it..
waiting for next part..
sri:-)
-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prasanthi

reserved

hope to be back soon!

Alright! I never knew that I'll be back here so soon :D.

Hi Sookie!

Its not the story that attracts me, but your choice of words that have the knack to pull me over n over again! Enjoyed reading it.  My favouriite:
Arguments. Negotiations. Compromises. Endings.

Its mocking me, its inviting me, its consuming me in its big fat belly filled with words. I twirl the glass. Amber encourages me at the same time when the paper invites.

Throat burns. Eyes water. Hands shake. Head hurts.

Yeah...there is nothing much going on in the story front isn't it? A lady signs divorce papers. That's the summary. But then there are words. :-)

Edited by Sookie* - 14 years ago
-Sookie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sri_4

hey sookie*
how r u ?
lthnks for PM..
sometimes i feel "i" am not worth reading u r writings..they are so lovely and as i said i am very blunt to understand them until i read it 4-5 times again and again..
they have lots of feelings and emotions and ofcourse u r suspense and mystic elements...which i fail to understand most of the times.....
yet i try cos i just love them...
i wonder in which part of the world u r as most of u r writings are inspired my many eng serials/movies...
just want to say that this particular part was fab...-a ladys feelings at the time of divorce...
thanks again for u r lovely effort..no matter how long back u have written it..
waiting for next part..
sri:-)

Sri, Its nothing of that sort. Its fine if you dont understand it at one shot.
Okay, I very much live in India and have amazing Internet connection. And I was and still am a TV addict. I am catching up with old classic TV shows online and also watch new ones online.
:-)
-Sookie- thumbnail
Reveille

"You know, there are no permanent fixtures in your life. Usually you believe that there is - a person, a thing or a feeling which would stick by you not forever, but for a very long time but one day, it falls apart. It doesn't crumble to dust in one shot overnight. It happens gradually and so slowly that every memory of it haunts you for the rest of your life. It fails you to hold on to that constant landscape that you always retreat to when everything becomes suffocated and life simply reduces to creases on your forehead.
If you were to explain every tiny little feeling that each of your cell would feel when there is a jolt of odd feeling that someone you admire, respect and have come to assume as a friend that you can rely on anytime, utter a callous statement, you could perhaps earn a credit in physiology - since describing that feeling would mean explaining reaction from every vital organ of your body because of the unexplainable hurt it has caused to each of your nerve ends.
If you are really honest in the way you show your emotions on your face, then perhaps you could be a study in disappointment.
The way your face would fall, wiping any humor in your eyes, erasing the casual smile that you were sporting only moments ago, sudden constriction in your throat, the loud beating of your heart in your ears and a sudden heat that arises from the base of your neck and travels all the way to your cheeks to warm them and tinge them with a rosy hue of embarrassment.
In that moment, all you can do is nod and flee the room as quickly as possible to hide the disappointment you felt when you heard those words for the first time.
One might ask you, is your friendship so shallow that you get hurt by mere words from that person. It would be hard to explain to people around you the way you are feeling as it's not even close to being rational. In a little while you will come to terms with your embarrassment and move on. But you have realized that it's only a matter of time when words that bother you and hurt you would become more frequent and somehow they would also bother less and less and one day, these words wont matter at all.
They would feel empty and would be just some words spoken by a stranger.
Then you wonder, if everything is ever permanent at all.
Somehow, the answer does not scare you anymore."
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
reserved

Hi Sookie!

Its not everytime do we sit and think about this. Sometimes we shun away from the truth. But at the end it always the bare TRUTH and then everything settles down as if nothing. So well said Sookie!
Edited by Prasanthi - 14 years ago