Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Posted: 14 days ago

Originally posted by: D3viL

The Participant sent a link to the same song, just a different version. How difficult was it for you to be able to use that link instead of the first one? Or to reply to her when she Pmed and let her know, that hey we won't use your 2nd link. 

Koeli, without member participation a competition doesn't reach its full potential. Why discourage people during a fun activity in which they have already put themselves out there for?

She uploaded the song, we heard it and now we can't vote for it? I don't think the other participants have a problem with it. 

This kindve rule bending that you have done seems unfair, furthermore does the judging panel rate the songs or the audience?

I totally understand what you are saying but unfortunately she send her edited version after submission time was over. Also she deleted her previous song without informing us about it. It would be unfair if we let her change after the voting thread was prepared. Her first version was pmed to us on 15th May and she sent us the edited version on 18th May. If she didn’t like her version she could have asked us or sent us before the deadline. But, instead she deleted her previous version that we had put up for voting. So, it won’t be fair for other contestants who submitted on time. Sorry about it. Hopefully she will be sending us the other rounds on time. 

Edited by Koeli - 14 days ago
D3viL thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli

I totally understand what you are saying but unfortunately she send her edited version after submission time was over. Also she deleted her previous song without informing us about it. It would be unfair if we let her change after the voting thread was prepared. Her first version was pmed to us on 15th May and she sent us the edited version on 18th May. If she didn’t like her version she could have asked us or sent us before the deadline. So, it won’t be fair for other contestants who submitted on time. Sorry about it. Hopefully she will be sending us the other rounds on time. 

When she Pmed you the link to the 2nd one, after it was already mentioned that it was okay to send different songs after your initial submission, Why didn't you let her know that you wouldn't accept her link. It was a simple courtesy on your part

The voting thread was prepared, but not shared with the general public, so how is that unfair to the other contestants ?

Why couldn't you reply to the participant and let her know that you won't use the updated link?  Members participation encourages other members to participate for you to run these events. You treat members incredibly poorly 

Koeli thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Originally posted by: D3viL

When she Pmed you the link to the 2nd one, after it was already mentioned that it was okay to send different songs after your initial submission, Why didn't you let her know that you wouldn't accept her link. It was a simple courtesy on your part

The voting thread was prepared, but not shared with the general public, so how is that unfair to the other contestants ?

Why couldn't you reply to the participant and let her know that you won't use the updated link?  Members participation encourages other members to participate for you to run these events. You treat members incredibly poorly 

You didn't get what i said. She sent her edited version after the deadline was over on 16th.... Rest of them sent they edited version before the deadline was over. We allowed the participants to edit their songs as long as it is within the deadline. If we allow one, we have to allow all which is not fair. Sorry we cannot allow her edited song this time. I hope you understand and also think about others who are participating. Thank you... rest you can discuss this matter in the contest thread instead of voting thread as it will be difficult for the organizers to count the votes. We will be shifting this conversation in the contest thread shortly.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Originally posted by: Sneha.Narayanan

Oh, ok. I was wondering wouldn't that lead to partiality? But I get your point that this contest is regarding popularity.

Only the voting is about popularity. There will also be a panel of judges who will mark on merit basis. It was the same format last time when I participated.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 14 days ago
Mahi-eBismil thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Smitten I really wanted to hear your song 

I hope you make it to R2 :⁠-⁠)

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Bollywood Brigade

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Only the voting is about popularity. There will also be a panel of judges who will mark on merit basis. It was the same format last time when I participated.

Okay 😊👍

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

R1 was beyond expectations 🤩✨

Everybody outdid themselves, I can't decide which one is better. Really amazing!

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Charu it was really amazing, may I say that this is the best I've ever heard from you, and you have always been amazing 😍 

And 

Harsh wah! 

Itni clear awaz and lehja, very well sung 

Mai bhi yahi gaane wali thi but decided otherwise 

I have a question. It's related to round 2. What will happen if a participant fails to identify a musical instrument? For instance- a participant thinks tabla was used in a particular song. So, he/she selects tabla for round 2 thinking it was used in that song. But it's actually not tabla and it's the sound of a different instrument. What will happen then? Will the participant be disqualified? 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Both of you sung the same song! 

Bee your rendition was soulful and happy and so amazing. Sweetest voice 

@thegirlofragas I think we have interacted before. 

As sweet as your voice was the instrument added a lot of charm to your song.