Match Discussion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 19 days ago

The battle for qualification is heating up with all 10 teams still in contention mathematically. The picturesque Dharamsala plays backdrop today as PBKS, placed 8th on the table, host CSK who're sitting at 5th place. The memories will be fresh because these teams went up against each other in just their last game. Fortress Chepauk was breached that night as PBKS managed to claim a 7 wicket victory. CSK haven't quite been the juggernaut they've been in the years passed and a win today will go a long way in setting them back on track to make the playoffs. In fact, the situation is quite simple for them - win their 4 remaining games and they are through. As for Punjab, things are slightly more complicated. It's been another topsy-turvy season where they've blown hot and blown cold. They need to win their remaining games as well and hope that some other results go their way if they are to qualify. Big game coming up.

Savera84 thumbnail

The HPCA Stadium in Dharamsala is one of the most picturesque venues in the world. However, it will be a bit of a step into the unknown for both teams, given this ground has hosted just two T20s in the last seven years. All that and much more, including the Punjab Kings' ongoing five-match winning streak against CSK, in Hemant Brar's preview.

Savera84 thumbnail

Pitch report: "64m and 62m boundaries. The air is thin here. It's got a layer of grass. Pretty even but it's dry grass. The fast bowlers can get some help with the new ball. Spinners are going to struggle here, ball won't turn much. Wonderful ground for the batters, expect a lot of runs" say Graeme Swann and Brian Lara

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Dharamshala ka stadium is beautiful

200 se jyada toh runs banenge hi whoever bats first

CWC 2023 ke do memorable matches yaad aate hai

Ned beat SA

NZ vs Aus last ball tak gaya hua match (highest scoring in both innings)

Pitch report: "64m and 62m boundaries. The air is thin here. It's got a layer of grass. Pretty even but it's dry grass. The fast bowlers can get some help with the new ball. Spinners are going to struggle here, ball won't turn much. Wonderful ground for the batters, expect a lot of runs" say Graeme Swann and Brian Lara.

What's avg score!? 

Afeef: "Livingstone's knock of 94 against DC last season on this ground is one of my favourites of the IPL. Rossouw was playing for DC against PBKS in that match and made 82, now he is playing for PBKS."

Savera84 thumbnail

CSK captain Ruturaj Gaikwad has lost nine out of ten tosses so far. If he were to win it today, though, what will he want to do? Last year, there were two games played at this venue, with the team batting first winning one and losing the other. Toss in 5.

Afeef: "Livingstone's knock of 94 against DC last season on this ground is one of my favourites of the IPL. Rossouw was playing for DC against PBKS in that match and made 82, now he is playing for PBKS."

Savera84 thumbnail

Harshal Patel: (The IPL) Has been very fruitful. Cricket is an instrument through which I experience life. Everyone is getting hit in this IPL. I look at if I've been able to execute what I've wanted to and if I've been able to have an impact on the game, if I've been able to do those two things then it doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. There's no set rule, everyone gives their input but it's up to you to decide when you're running up. According to me it's a flaw in your mindset if you try to do something new when you're already doing well and that's what I try to avoid. Expect there to be some pace and bounce but it usually plays true. The game will probably finish before dew sets in. I think we'll need to hit a hard length.

Harshal Patel: (The IPL) Has been very fruitful. Cricket is an instrument through which I experience life. Everyone is getting hit in this IPL. I look at if I've been able to execute what I've wanted to and if I've been able to have an impact on the game, if I've been able to do those two things then it doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. There's no set rule, everyone gives their input but it's up to you to decide when you're running up. According to me it's a flaw in your mindset if you try to do something new when you're already doing well and that's what I try to avoid. Expect there to be some pace and bounce but it usually plays true. The game will probably finish before dew sets in. I think we'll need to hit a hard length.