Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

I don't watch the show but the headlines on IF give me updates and I want to know what the heck are the writers thinking.

They have messed up images about abuse victims (sexual, physical, emotional), women, independent and educated women... Thikh hai, ITV does that, they ruined the concept of mental health and therapy, woh bhi chalo you can say is for the audience who doesn't believe in mental health... But which audience is ok with a child's abuse? (ik there are shows like Naamkaran and Kaalaa teeka, but usmein the torture was to make the audience sympathetic to the child) Here the child is shown as a brat who needs the person who caused her health issues to help her... Idk much about trauma but I know this much that people tend to avoid those who give them pain (it's basically instinct) so why would Aadhya need Anupamaa after having years of panic attack for the accident she blames her for (uske logistics pe naahi jaaaungi, because the panic attacks are with the information she has and how she processed it) and now she is attempting sUiCiDe (waah, slow claps for the writers, scouts claps go!) because of the firing where again, Anupamaa was present and Shruti got shot while saving her.

Ik ya'all are trying to show that Anuj is desperately in love with Anupamaa (why, bhagwaan jaane, but thikh hai) but that doesn't mean you use Aadya as an excuse... This is honestly the worst of ITV and there was a time when they used surrogacy and the laws like a flexible pipe, jaise marzi waise bend karo... But using children and stigmatizing not just mental health, but adoption is the newest low.

Sorry to the fans, but it's so saddening that in the age of internet we have to rant about this, instead of praising shows for dealing with issues, so had to post.

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 days ago

Yes, this show is an example of how NOT to be!

Every single character NEEDS to be butchered to elevate the Female Lead. Even then they fail to garner sympathy for her.

Imagine what a (negative) masterpiece they have created.

Snowfally thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 days ago

Everything about the show is frustrating right now, including the fact that I am watching it irregularly again.

Shruti lost her parents because of this jinxed, never to happen marriage, can't be a Mom because of her attempt to save Choti and is bedridden currently for the same. She also allows Anupamaa to stay for Choti's sake.

But I guess I have to see her, the fiancee, as a supposed third wheel between a loser and his ex wife. smiley32

And what is Kapadia ji doing? Laughing and prancing around his ex wife like a love sick teenager. So what if his fiancee is going through hell and his daughter too? Hey.. Hey.. Lalalalalala.. is back. 

Kapadia ji, kaise kar lete hai aap?

What I did enjoy was Anupamaa having this agressive soul split to decide whether to take care of Choti or not, which was never a factor for either Toshu or Pakhi. Toshu and Pakhi have not considered her as Maa on several occasions & Toshu is still out after doing chori in Amerika no less. Pakhi is missing in action it seems, maybe the actress found a better opportunity.

Anupamaa celebrating small victories regularly, congratulating herself makes me laugh. Devika did all the visa work, Beeji gave her space to live. The restaurant closed down inspite of her Chai Masala 'multi dollar brand' and the pardesis are the ones fighting for her return to the cooking show. She didn't get Toshu the punishment that she screamed her lungs put for. The shooter had to have terrible aim to get Shruti instead of Anupamaa or the kids. God knows what happened of the dance classes or tuitions and now Joshi Ben YT is also inactive as though America doesn't have internet or something. Not sure but the recipes are taken or learnt from Baa, I heard. What exactly has Anupamaa achieved on her own in America apart from getting her luggage stolen?

The negativity for Shruti in SM is unbelievable and I am not able to understand why. Anuj proposed to her, she did ask him to reconsider, why is she being blamed here?

Sorri, sorri, sorri, Shru but my sympathies aren't with you. I rooted for Rakhi, Maaya, Maalti, Barkha but I have learnt better now. Being sensible in this serial isn't good for character shelf life. :(

ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trollbaaz

Originally posted by: Snowfally

What exactly has Anupamaa achieved on her own in America apart from getting her luggage stolen?

She gave 'sevej retorts' to Vanrajan smiley9

Snowfally thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShahH8er

She gave 'sevej retorts' to Vanrajan smiley9

Oh yeah! smiley36

Vanranjan's Humko kya? will never be topped. He is the GOAT. smiley16