anon91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

I want to write this post before the context of the show changes to, "Kesar killed Ambika's son, so how can Ambika think of her as a daughter?"

So to clarify, I am talking about Ambika's attitude towards Kesar before this whole death drama has happened. 

Eversince Ambika has learnt about Dhiren's illicit affair, she has kept harping, "Suraj mere jeene ka eklauta sahara hain." This especially came up a lot in yesterday's episode.

I have never seen a mother who thinks of only one of her children while thinking about her purpose of living. Hasn't she always claimed that Kesar is her daughter too? Then how come Kesar isn't her sahara for living?

Just goes to prove that she brought up Kesar only for Suraj - as an 'ideal' (read:subserviant) bahu for her dearest son. She never really thought of her as a daughter.

This just adds to the list of instances when Ambika has shown extreme bias towards Suraj despite claiming otherwise -

- her never questioning Suraj on his absolutely inhuman deeds like leaving Macchan to die after himself putting his life in danger;

- her never really doing a proper investigation of Suraj's past despite having all the means to do so;

- her never stopping Suraj from acting outright rudely with and disobeying his grandparents;

- her never stopping Suraj from insulting religious rituals;

- her never preventing Suraj from abusing and humiliating Kabir.

One more thing that is very telling of her patriarchal and orthodox mindeset is, whenever she (conveniently) sees Kesar shouting at or pushing Suraj (and never how Suraj has been provoking her into it), she says "Wo pati hai tumhara. Uske sath aisa vyavahar kaise kar sakti ho?" Wow! She has said this several times on the show.

Ambika is clearly only Suraj's mother and nothing more. Her garb of righteousness has slipped many times in the past as I have discussed in previous posts. But as of now, its been really long since Dhiren's truth has come to light and she's relentlessly backing Suraj's evil ways eversince. 

This show has proved the exact opposite of what it was set to by making Ambika's character a modern-day lady Dritharashtra - Saas saas hi hoti hai, maa kabhi nahi ban sakti.