Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

My goodness, I think this is the hardest choice for me so far because I enjoy both movies very much. Neither is an all-time favorite of mine but neither is disliked by me either. I'll list pros and cons for both.

Darr: One of SRK's most iconic roles and he's perfect in Darr. Absolutely love his performance as lovelorn lover/stalker because you can truly sympathize with him while judging him as well. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5345017

For anyone who remembers my previous thread, I made it very clear I was rooting for him lol. Even though he and Juhi are unable to share any romantic scenes outside of his fantasies, they still have so much chemistry and you can feel the depth of his love. As someone who dislikes Sunny Deol, I find him unbearable in Darr. Very misogynistic and unlikable without even good looks to back up an unpleasant personality. When he's boasting about SRK killing the husband of his married dream girl so SRK can get the girl, I think that Sunny deserves this fate. It's funny when it's someone else's marriage at risk he supports it, but when learning the truth that it's his own wife SRK is after, suddenly his tune changes?? 

I would have liked to dive deeper into SRK's mental illness because you can tell that he's psychologically troubled especially with his mother's death. SRK scenes are amazing but the Juhi/Sunny or Sunny scenes in general are what drag the movie down for me and make it one I can't rewatch as often as other SRK movies. Songs are superb though, moreso than Don's.

Don: SRK's only negative/villain role since his 90s trilogy of Baazigar/Darr/Anjaam (unless you count the beginning of Jawan). Wonderful double role/twist which I think no one sees coming unless they already know the ending. Back when I was a major PC fan, this film especially was important as her only pairing with SRK and they did have great chemistry. I don't think she would be believable with him in one of his usual romantic films, like an epic love story or romantic comedy, but here she fits perfectly as the woman sent to kill him with a personal vendetta, but can't help falling in love with him. That love/hate relationship was something SRK and PC wonderfully embodied. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Darrr

rickyproctor27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Oufff... I vote for D........ Don (although Darr is an original and bolder)

ShahRukh really created a very unique Don, a quite feline and slick creature. Farhan made the twist that allowed a second Don-pleasure.

'Slick' - perfectly described. It's the first word that comes to mind when thinking of SRK's Don. 

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 3 months ago
rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

My goodness, I think this is the hardest choice for me so far because I enjoy both movies very much. Neither is an all-time favorite of mine but neither is disliked by me either. I'll list pros and cons for both.

Darr: One of SRK's most iconic roles and he's perfect in Darr. Absolutely love his performance as lovelorn lover/stalker because you can truly sympathize with him while judging him as well. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5345017

For anyone who remembers my previous thread, I made it very clear I was rooting for him lol. Even though he and Juhi are unable to share any romantic scenes outside of his fantasies, they still have so much chemistry and you can feel the depth of his love. As someone who dislikes Sunny Deol, I find him unbearable in Darr. Very misogynistic and unlikable without even good looks to back up an unpleasant personality. When he's boasting about SRK killing the husband of his married dream girl so SRK can get the girl, I think that Sunny deserves this fate. It's funny when it's someone else's marriage at risk he supports it, but when learning the truth that it's his own wife SRK is after, suddenly his tune changes?? 

I would have liked to dive deeper into SRK's mental illness because you can tell that he's psychologically troubled especially with his mother's death. SRK scenes are amazing but the Juhi/Sunny or Sunny scenes in general are what drag the movie down for me and make it one I can't rewatch as often as other SRK movies. Songs are superb though, moreso than Don's.

Don: SRK's only negative/villain role since his 90s trilogy of Baazigar/Darr/Anjaam (unless you count the beginning of Jawan). Wonderful double role/twist which I think no one sees coming unless they already know the ending. Back when I was a major PC fan, this film especially was important as her only pairing with SRK and they did have great chemistry. I don't think she would be believable with him in one of his usual romantic films, like an epic love story or romantic comedy, but here she fits perfectly as the woman sent to kill him with a personal vendetta, but can't help falling in love with him. That love/hate relationship was something SRK and PC wonderfully embodied. 

Umm..which one did you vote for? 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rickyproctor27

Umm..which one did you vote for? 

I ended up voting for Darr. I think Don is the more consistent film but Darr has more highs and lows and for those highs, I had to vote for it. Those lows btw are all Sunny Deol lol.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Darr any day ! That raw performance ! I miss those days, the days of SRK in the making. smiley42smiley43

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I ended up voting for Darr. I think Don is the more consistent film but Darr has more highs and lows and for those highs, I had to vote for it. Those lows btw are all Sunny Deol lol.

Fair enough. It could have gone either way for me too. The highs of Darr are iconic. What a performance it was! Incredibly difficult this one.

Don

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Darr. One of his most iconic performances.

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Don