Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

No, although SRK acted well. Why did he cold bloodedly kill Annu Kapoor's character? He should have caught. 

Juhi looked very beautiful in this movie. 

Wasn't his friend already dying from alcoholism or something like that? 

Yes, Juhi's most beautiful movie. Ever Yash Chopra heroine always looks her best in one of his films. Rekha, Sridevi, Juhi, Madhuri, Karishma, Preity, Rani, etc.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

becoz u like srk, not sunny but kiran doesn't feel the same. She loved sunny, not srk. Ok u like srk, just imagine that u r having a good relationship with srk n a man whom u don't like, keeps stalking u, kidnaps u, slaps u n tries to kill ur husband, srk. How would you feel? Then wouldn't u root for srk to kill that stalker? Yes i also like srk more than sunny but in the movie, when i saw the scene in which kiran literally becomes so happy when she gets the information that her stalker is dead, i really liked it coz i would've felt the same if i were in her place. Anyone would feel happy on that stranger's death who is making their life hell. The ending of the movie was perfect n realistic

Yes, that's a good point. I just never understood Sunny's appeal. He's a fine actor but only if you can appreciate the type of roles he's known for, which are very machismo and somewhat regressive. Very 80s violence mentality which is why his career could not take off by the 2000s outside of Gadar. Gadar is the only film of his I really like him in because he is Tara Singh and very gentle and lovesick. But as an actor, I find him not very good looking so that's also a flaw for me. Bobby Deol is far more attractive and I can see his physical appeal but not Sunny's. If Bobby had been the husband (and written to be less of a stereotypical male as Clochette pointed out), I'd probably be less sympathetic towards SRK. But as you said, from Juhi's POV, it is only Sunny she loves so anyone else would be a threat to her. The part where she is also cheering on Sunny to kill SRK at the end is when SRK realizes he's lost her and gives up on life.

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

No. Because I understand jeevan ka satya like nobody else ⬇️

IMG_0554.jpeg

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes, that's a good point. I just never understood Sunny's appeal. He's a fine actor but only if you can appreciate the type of roles he's known for, which are very machismo and somewhat regressive. Very 80s violence mentality which is why his career could not take off by the 2000s outside of Gadar. Gadar is the only film of his I really like him in because he is Tara Singh and very gentle and lovesick. But as an actor, I find him not very good looking so that's also a flaw for me. Bobby Deol is far more attractive and I can see his physical appeal but not Sunny's. If Bobby had been the husband (and written to be less of a stereotypical male as Clochette pointed out), I'd probably be less sympathetic towards SRK. But as you said, from Juhi's POV, it is only Sunny she loves so anyone else would be a threat to her. The part where she is also cheering on Sunny to kill SRK at the end is when SRK realizes he's lost her and gives up on life.

its fine if u don't find anyone good looking just like some people don't find srk good looking or a good actor. I like srk. N sunny's character was still very less regressive than srk's character in the movie

Edited by Jazzkapur - 4 months ago
Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yes, that's what I meant but it seemed to take too long to write the whole reason why he actually slapped her so I condensed it by saying he slapped her for rejecting SRK since his issue was really that she rejected SRK as a work partner for her husband. But I thought his reaction was very unfair so to be honest, when he gets killed a few minutes later, I did not feel bad. I thought he deserved it for his outrageous behavior of siding with a stranger over his wife and slapping her in front of him as well. He earned his death, not that SRK was better. As you said, SRK turns out to be worse but that's like choosing between Biden and Trump where even if one is worse, the other isn't that far behind.

Ironically in Darr and Anjaam, both the husband and SRK's psycho lover are both horrible people. SRK in Darr is the most romantic of the four characters which is why my sympathies lay with him.

ok i agree madhuri's husband in anjaam was very very wrong but he didn't deserve death for it. He deserved a slap or divorce from madhuri but not death. N i don't understand how is srk in darr most romantic?

Edited by Jazzkapur - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

N i don't understand how is srk in darr most romantic?

I need an explanation on this as well 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Why isn't this movie on Netflix?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

Why isn't this movie on Netflix?

because it’s in Prime like other YRF movies 

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes, that's what I meant but it seemed to take too long to write the whole reason why he actually slapped her so I condensed it by saying he slapped her for rejecting SRK since his issue was really that she rejected SRK as a work partner for her husband. But I thought his reaction was very unfair so to be honest, when he gets killed a few minutes later, I did not feel bad. I thought he deserved it for his outrageous behavior of siding with a stranger over his wife and slapping her in front of him as well. He earned his death, not that SRK was better. As you said, SRK turns out to be worse but that's like choosing between Biden and Trump where even if one is worse, the other isn't that far behind.

Ironically in Darr and Anjaam, both the husband and SRK's psycho lover are both horrible people. SRK in Darr is the most romantic of the four characters which is why my sympathies lay with him.

The gift that keeps giving smiley37

So he deserved to die for slapping his wife. You're a LEGEND!!! Big fan

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

nah, how can you root for an obsesive stalker? i was definitly wanting Sunny to find and kill him in the end

loved SRK in Darr, Baazigar and Anjaam.