Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

AR Rahman's best was in 1990s. He declined in 2000s except for RDB, Guru, Slumdog Millionaire.

I do not remember a single outstanding album from ARR post 2009.

Mimi was by him? Such an ordinary album it was. I cannot believe he scored music for it. 

He has plateaued now. 

Lost that magic he had in 90s. None of his post RDB work compares to his previous work. 

Agree with majority of your post👍🏼

But I loved Hoighway's soundtrack which was released in 2014 - it was raw and gritty, matching the vibe of the movie.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

AR Rahman's best was in 1990s. He declined in 2000s except for RDB, Guru, Slumdog Millionaire.

Mimi was by him? Such an ordinary album it was. I cannot believe he scored music for it. 

He has plateaued now. 

Lost that magic he had in 90s. None of his post RDB work compares to his previous work. 

Plenty of amazing albums from ARR post 2009

Delhi 6

Rockstar

Raanjhana

Highway

Tamasha

OK Jaanu

They have chartbusters as well as gems

He has just done fewer albums because of his testy relationship with bollywood 

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 2 years ago
khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

He has plateaued now. 

Rehman best of 2000 is Pukar 

Pukar Movie: Showtimes, Review, Songs, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: vijay

My favourite A.R. Rahman movie songs which I can listen on loop are:

1) Taal

2) Bombay

3) Roja

Oh there you are. I think you should program a dislike button for this forum, too. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Rahman said the people are after him or something like that 😆

their after him so that’s why he makes Chaka Chak

Digitallove thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

My favourite Rahman Album is Delhi 6 and I loved all his albums throughout 90's and 2000's but post Delhi 6 I just like some of his songs here and there like Agar tum Saath ho, few songs from Rockstar but generally his music doesn't connect with me anymore🥺. 

atominis thumbnail

Rockstar, Delhi 6 and Raanjhana are the only good ones from list you mentioned. And still not comparable to his excellence in 90s. Rahman's most dazzling and magical, consistently brilliant work is in 90s both in Hindi and regional cinema. Nothing done by him later matches the magic of his work in 90s when he was rightfully called a prodigy and changed face of Indian film music forever with his freshness and experiments. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nonam

agree and rangeela

I love:

Taal

Roja

Bombay

Rangeela

Dil Se 

Delhi 6

Jodha Akbar

Highway 

Rockstar 

Ranjhana

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Retro Rebels

I agree.

To me, Rahman's genius shone in the 90s and to an extent 2000s and died out with Slumdog.

And his Tamil soundtracks, imo, are even more brilliant than his Hindi ones.

But man, his songs from then are still so so relevant. I love them and can listen to them over and over even today. Thiruda Thiruda, Kandukondein Kandukondein, Duet, Pudiya Mugam, Alaipayuthey (Saathiya), Minsara Kanavu (Sapnay), and of course Roja and Bombay.

That trademark sound of his that used mostly Indian classical ragas I think was something so innovative, and has withstood the test of time.

Among his Hindi soundtracks I love Rangeela, Taal, Dil Se, Lagaan, Swades, Earth.

And the ones not mentioned have one or two such brilliant songs that the rest of the soundtrack can be overlooked.  

I haven't heard anything memorable from him since he won the Academy Award.

But the older ones are still my go-to's. And thanks to them, I believe he's among the greatest musical talents from this era.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

nadeem shravan and shiv hari etc were better than ar rahman 

a r rahman very few songs are good in few early 90s movies