Channels and their injustice

KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello guys

I am Rhea. Thai might be a long post so please bear with me. I used to watch Bepannah though I wasn't a die hard fan that's why when the show shut down, even though I was pissed it didn't hurt me. But now I and the entire fandom is facing a similar situation with Kahaan Hum Kahaan Rum. I am sure many of you must be aware of the situation and if you are not then here it is. Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum is a show on Star Plus which is currently telecasted at 9 pm IST. The show has been constant on the trp charts with trp between 1.6-2.0 since the very beginning and enjoys mass fan following amongst the youth. It is amongst the top five shows on star plus and no 1 on UK charts. Still we got the news last week that the channel has asked the producers to shut down the show on 14th March 2020. The show hasn't even told its original story and the lead couple as well as other characters have a lot more to explore. The show is a fresh concept, very unique from what we see on ITV and that's probably what the channel isn't able to digest. From recent interviews of the producer it's very clear that it's the channel's decision to stop the show and the popular theory is that since the producer refused to over dramatize the story, star plus has taken this decision and instead of this show, it's planning to air a show called Anupama about a lady mistreated by her husband and family. Now why I am telling you all this. It's because I believe that you guys will understand our pain the best since you have been through the same. I remember Aditya and Zoya didn't get a proper married life and same is happening with Rohit and Sonakshi. My question is how long are these channel's going to continue with their politics? How long will they continue to take down good content and push these stale concepts down our throats? How long will they continue to measure shows against one parameter? I agree trp is important but in this day and age everyone knows that people hardly wtach tv when everything is available online. Are we going to continue to let this happen? Are we going to continue to let good contents suffer and let these channel's air the same old shit where women are nothing but objects for their family? To be ridiculed and take everything silently? To be treated like a doormat and not have an identity? Are we still going to accept this crap in 2020? Can we not do anything about this? Do we or the channel realsie what impact these shows have on our society? And what right does the channel have to take away the livelihoods of 150-200 people just like that. Doesn't a show deserve atleast 3 months to wrap up the story? Why should we accept tv as this regressive medium to corrupt another few hundred mindsets? 

I don't know what we can do but we have to raise our voice against this. And I'm not saying this just because I need to save KHKT. I have seen this happening in past with shows like Bepannah, Dil Sambhal Ja Zara and more. Yes it hit me hard today when a show I love is at stake. But so did the realization that this might not be the last show to suffer this fate. And we have to get together to raise our voice against this. I apologize for not being there to fight for Bepannah but I promise to raise my voice if this happens with another show in future. And I request you all to please help the KHKT fandom in raising voice against Star Plus. We are fighting day in and out, refusing to give up. We may not have a chance of saving our show but we can't accept this decision without a fight. And I can only hope to see atleast some of you in this fight, standing with us.

Maybe you will find this post very selfish or will think of all I said as a lie but if you believe in what I said please say something about this. 

Thank you if you read this till the end and sorry for such a long post.