Raman Kumar Bhalla, powerless.

Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I love Raman. I guess I cannot help but be biased towards him.
I heard that yet again, today, despite romi literally saying everything we as the viewers have been doing for a while, that he seems to have no remorse.

He says to mani, I'm the most angry about what Ishita did, but I can't see her like this. 
So we are made to see he is still, despite romi and Ishita both literally screaming the facts to him, his inability to register it.

But I have a different take, as always it seems. Or maybe this is just how I want Raman to be actually feeling. The bias in me always wants to have a different take, and to be fair, I think everything I've said does have merit to a degree.

In my opinion, the minute Raman accepts he was at fault, Ishita has the upper hand and she has the power in their relationship. So she may never come back to him.
The minute he admits, that he was at fault, Ishita has the ability to reject him all over again. But if he isn't at fault, then somehow, if he says Ishita, come back, then she just will.

It's not like he cannot hear what everyone says. And that he himself doesn't think it. If we look back to when he drinks himself into oblivion, and calls himself a loser in front of Adi, that's proof enough that he knows he hand to play in the mess that their lives have now become. 

During the first phase of the show, Raman had this remarkably witty way of hiding the fact he was falling hopelessly in love with his wife. This hardened, brutal Raman cannot rely on humor, so he does instead on anger, and pointing the finger at everyone else to hide everything.

I think he's actually ridden with guilt now especially. There is no way in hell he can see Ishita  shatter into pieces, repeating his very words, and not feel the weight of the world crush him. There is just no way.

But look at their relationship now. They love one another. But they don't think the other reciprocates. I stick by what I said, Raman protests to hate Ishita, blame Ishita, but I think he still loves her madly. And this continuing habit of putting blinders on, and blaming Ishita, is a way to somehow keep the possibility of the, reconciling alive somewhere in his heart, despite how illogical that now is after he sat down to marry Shagun.

This hope is illogical, but somehow kept alive if Ishita is at fault. Because if he asks the one to obliterate their lives, why the hell would she come back.

Raman has always been petrified of how powerless being in love with Ishita makes him. And I think he's trying to get the best of both worlds while their lives are being thrown into utter chaos. This way there s hope of her love, but Raman is in power.

Now that Ishita is moving back in, Raman's resolve will start to break. He's going to start feeling powerless all over again. And so yet again the cute arguments, and silly antics will be the buffer yet again. And all the while he will become more and more powerless to the love of his life. And Ishita won't even know it.

As we see them in proximity, Raman's guilt, will, I think rear its head. But not yet. Not when he's determined to keep the power. But Ishita, just by being herself, will once again break this resolve. She'll make him powerless all over again. 
Which he is terrified of, especially now that she is apparently marrying mani.

Because Raman loves Ishita.
But Raman is petrified of this.
Because Ishita has been the only woman, to ever render Raman Kumar Bhalla, powerless

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shivangi838 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
omg zoya zoya zoya u are amazing girl..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..how u interpreted raman's feelings and his fear of losing in front of ishu is amazing..πŸ˜‰..yes ishita is d only woman who makes rkb powerless and when she starts living wid him he will break down and drown in guilt again and if and  when she decides to leave him ..he will run after her like he is running after his lifeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...thats RKB for u and irony is that 80% of people cannot understand him...they just cannot ...😭
ps- like u i accept i am a little biased towards raman...BUT i love ISHRA togetherπŸ˜† the most 
Mreddy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Zoya - you are wonderful, the way you are so positive about Raman.  For Raman it was always about power in the relationship that is why he resisted so hard not to fall in love with Ishita.  He felt he was powerless and literally groveled in front of Shagun to come back to him even when she was at fault.  He did not want to feel the same way again with Ishita.  WIth Shagun, he lost his self respect, he was in shambles for a woman who totally did not deserve it.  With Ishita, he always tried to maintain the upper hand, his ego is much greater, because he does not want to give anyone the power to destroy him.  He knows he loves her madly, he is guilty but does not want to acknowledge as you said the balance the power will shift.  But I am disappointed as Ishita does not deserve this, she is getting punished for his past baggage..and ultimately break.  This false ego and pride should not have a place in their relationship but alas it does as Raman gave his everything the first time around to a woman who did not deserve it and is wary of giving everything to the one woman who deserves it..
But the burden of being solely responsible for your kids plight is too much for any parent and he cannot do this to Ishita if he loves her..he should lighten the burden/guilt she has.  Here, he is thinking of his survival but Ishita is thinking of his happiness and taking all the blame on herself.

On a lighter note, when I read your post i got reminded of Rush Limbaugh who is a staunch republican and whatever the democrats do good/bad, he gives a spin such that Republican shine..I kind of used to be amazed when I hear his talk shows..even when it was difficult to defend the republican stance, he would give a positive spin.

Raman is very lucky to have you in his corner, we are lucky because there is something to look forward to and Raman is not all shitty as I thought he has become with his ex-wife for company for the past seven years.

Edited by Mreddy - 7 years ago
SurabhiA91 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Your posts always give a new n positive insight to the scrnes and yes I do agree that raman' realisation has started it was evident in today's episode n this will increase once ishita returns he will not be able to control his feelings
dreamzsrk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Zoya, u r amazing.
After reading you post, all I can say is people around you are so lucky and blessed. 

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Res

Edited
---------

It is funny how I mindlessly reserve a post on your thread without reading it or even watching the episode πŸ˜† πŸ˜† In the hope of finding something really amazing here 😳 And never have I been proven wrong 😳

I have a lot of things to say about today's episode, but will focus on the subject of this thread for this post - Raman Kumar Bhalla.

First of all, I really don't get the hue and cry on his today's dialogue. He has said far worse and far illogical stuff than this. Does this mean it made sense? No. 

In fact what followed after his statement is what ACTUALLY makes sense. That he can't see Ishita die.

Because he simply can't.

Because he loves her. He won't accept it now, but he knows he does. The man who wished her to die a few weeks ago, the man who barred her from taking Ruhi's name, the same man wants her to live now, wants her to see her Ruhi once.

To be honest, even I am a little biased towards Raman. That does not guarantee that I blindly follow him and his deeds. It just means that I understand him, maybe better than a lot of other people. And that, you do too 😊 I love your theory of Raman's self-preservation, by hurting others before he's hurt, shooting multiple daggers before even a single arrow is shot towards him. I believe it too, sometimes. 

What I permanently believe in though - is the heavily flawed man, scorned time and again, who hides into his shell at the faintest of movement around him, like a scared turtle. His shell is his armor. And his armor, which he assumed to be impenetrable, has started to show chinks.

Why I don't completely believe your theory this time is because he's not vying for power here. When he lost Ruhi all those years ago, he lost that first person who loved him selflessly, unconditionally, even when he couldn't reciprocate the love back. He lost the daughter who used to wait to talk to her father, but her father was too busy to call her back. He lost the daughter who made him feel loved, much before true love walked into his psyche in the form of Ishita. And that's a huge loss. When he lost her, suddenly everything was hazy, and chaotic, and painful. And to cope up with that loss, he pinned the blame on the first person he could pin it on, because even though he knows and believes Ishita could do no harm to Ruhi, he did believe that hers was the final nail in the coffin of a series of mistakes.

Was he right? Absolutely not.

Probably he does know it all, but needs an external form to shove into his face for the realization to finally break through. That today was Ruhi first, and Romi later. Because if Ishita's mistake caused Niddhi to flee, it was HIS mistake that got them all there in the first place, and that is something that has been thrown at him for the very first time.

When he said - Nobody could be angrier than I was with Ishita, because of what happened to Ruhi. He meant that he has always blamed her for Ruhi's demise (or kidnap here), tried to hate her, but to see her die for Ruhi, is beyond even his capacity to handle things. And that's as close to I love her damitt! as it he could say right now.

Edited again

I guess I digressed a bit from the main tone of Raman being powerless.

So yes, he's not vying for the power to hurt, or prevent himself from being hurt. What he is truly vying for, is the power to not love passionately ever again. His belief that hers was the biggest mistake that led Ruhi to die (or go away), prevents him from finding the need to fall in love ever again, love that heals, and love that hurts. Once he realizes otherwise, once he accepts that HE led them to that pit-hole, he would break down and how! But then, he would need to fill the void in his life, open himself to the kind of love he's hungry for, and he's scared of.

I don't know if the last paragraph makes much sense here 😳

Edited by -Nidoo- - 7 years ago
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks so so much Zoya for posting such a master piece every day... Your words are magical...a dose of positivity one needs amidst such chaos. Thanks for being that source of good thought on the forum. It's easier to count faults and view everything the obvious way. It takes a lot to do otherwise. πŸ˜³πŸ€—

I do not side Raman, or try to understand him because he is a character that I have a soft corner for, but also because I like you choose to be positive. If I wouldn't want to, its easier to believe in the facade he thinks is his reality. 

Raman has been powerless in front of his destiny many a times. He has lost a lot that he thought he wouldn't ever. And every time he breaks down, gathers and begins moving ahead something does pull him back, whether its his fault or not, whether its his own actions and words or not.. At the beginning of this show they showed him gaining success and changing that one thing that he thought caused him to lose a family...the lack of money, fame and luxuries. He was shown to believe that ones destiny lies in their own hands, he believed that he could control even his emotions like he controlled the profit and loss his business made. But he was rendered incapable of restricting his emotions as Ishita came into his life, as he molded back into the man whose life revolved around the smiles and happiness of his children, around the safety of his family and around a woman who changed his world upside down ...for the good. He realized that he hadn't known love all along until she showed him what it really was... She made him a father, a husband, a lover a human again... and he entrusted her with everything...He gave her his heart, his trust and the power like you said. 

His hazy mind which is only registering what his words have ended up doing, still feels that the power he gave her caused her to leave him once Ruhi had left them. He isn't able to go beyond the fact that HIS ISHITA couldn't just leave him, but could also go commit suicide. That's what she can do if she is left to take a decision. 

It's not as if he doesn't realize what he's done, as if he hasn't lived with the guilt of pushing his family and life away and ruining his world with his own hands. He's as good as dead, burdened with the hurt, pain and self loath...And it is EXACTLY that what stops him from accepting it to himself and to others...because if he does he would be saying ' Yes I was at fault, I ruined us' and he probably fears she would say ' It's better we stay apart' 

Now that Ruhi is alive, an illogical but faint hope has come to reside in him, that maybe she will have reason to come back to him. And this hope will make it harder to accept his mistakes. But its not something he can control. She will be back in his home, near him, with him and in the familiarity of every new moment they share that reminds them of an old memory, involuntarily he will again lose his power to Ishita...because that's how it works.
Edited by -Anku- - 7 years ago
priyadarshini.r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Zoya, believe me or not, just now I wrote in the daily discussion thread that if CV's think they can make audience to hate Raman by making him dumb day-by-day , then we have OLVs to the rescue. If OLVs don't get released , then we have people like you, Gan, Nidoo, Anku who would write a post in a neutral way and that would explain us what could have been Raman's POV.
Felt good reading your post. You are amazing girl. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. 
I completely loved your take on Raman. Otherwise I was fuming with anger about CV's love to butcher Raman . πŸ˜‘😑. 

I have ranted enough in the daily discussion thread about how Raman has been showed as useless today.πŸ˜” I will leave it to other people who puts across points very clearly and beautifully rather than my useless rants.😊

While I agree with you completely about the fact that none can make RKB powerless except for Ishita, I atleast thought Ishita's complete break down would knock some senses in to him. But does not seem like it has.

I am glad that IshRa are together in the mission to rescue Ruhi, but I just did not want it to be just a guilt trip of Ishita alone and Raman is just helping her to get Ruhi back. I just want both of them to realize and accept that both of them have failed as parents and because of them Ruhi is in this state today, rectify things and win Ruhi's love and confidence in them back. Anyways, no use ranting about things which are never going to happen in YHM world.

Well, count me in the list of people who can never hate RKB, just because CV's want to portray him for "what he is not".

Cheers
Priya

ishra_JD_club thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Zoya zoya zoya !!!! Yaar kya karu mein tera...
What an ammazing post πŸ‘
Whenever i think ... This is not our raman which we love ...
Raman k character butchered kiya ...ye kiya raman woh kiya ...and blah blah

U come with an amazing post that changes our preception...
ur post alez gv me positivity...
UR A SAVIOUR DARLING 😊 πŸ‘

A BIG HUG TO U DARLING πŸ€—
Ps i am also sailing in same boat
Kch bhi ho jaye i cant hate raman
I cant ignore raman
Bt i also love ishra..
'
Edited by sweet.Aman - 7 years ago
svati12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I ws damn disappointed wid his one line to mani..
n so dat line made d entire episode a big disappointment for me..

bt being frank. I WS WAITING FOR UR POST..
n i found it..
Though i cudnt understand ur POV much ..
bt jst in bits n pieces..

"raman feels to stil nt accepts his share of errors.. he thinks its better to blame her n let her down so he has upper hand over her.. basically he dosnt want to accept it to evryone dat he is also to b held responsible..may b bcz he might breakdown.. bt as u said... lyk b4 he opned up to ishita.. ds tym also he might realise n accept dat watevr happnd ws nt solely ishita's faults bt he ws equally responsible.. n wid dat he might emerge to accept d truth..."

Frm ishita's dialogs.. its clr dat she vl leave d vry moment ruhi gets released frm nidhi's clutches n is back at bhalla house.. 
Shagun's behaviour is such dat it vl keep on reminding ishita dat nthin is her at bhalla house n of her place dat she is here til ruhi arrives...

N nw im quite sure.. she vl leave bhalla house bt i doubt she vl go to australia as she also said to amma dat she vl nt leave iyers... 
bt if she stays at iyers dn hw cum realisation of raman... may b whn she leaves dn shagun-raman marriage vl take d stage as shagun is in no mood to leave ds tym.. al thnx to raman's proposal.. promise...
bt i feel ishmani vl b brought out.. any of iyers vl hear or get to knw frm alia bout mani's love for ishita n proposal... n ishita might accept it too on shagun's pressure dat she wants to b wid raman n dats y nt moving on n dn to secure shagun n pihu she vl agree to marry mani..
N dat vl kick raman..

Lets c wats awaited...