Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abhinaiscool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: smilesforever98

He makes the really desi Punjabi music & sometimes more recent hip-hop bhangra type which I love for weddings and just to have fun, so if that's your kind of music, you should check it out for sure. And he was in the newspaper in the US? Weird cause I live in Canada and my dad reads many Indian newspapers, but I haven't read about him since he is more popular in the Britasian community.

I m sorry it was about some other punjabi band com g to us ... But checked out PBN on youtube... Nice I felt it's more pure punjabi songs na and their diction is really good...
Prabh. thumbnail
Hey everyone! Thank you all for the 40+ likes on the last part. Glad you all are still liking this story as much as the first day! So I have also been trying to give at least one update every 2nd day if not everyday. For chapter 5, I have decided to split it into two small parts and the first one which is right below is extremely short, but I promise the next part will be longer for sure! 

Quick Note: Not proofread, so please ignore spelling and grammar mistakes.

Chapter 5A

The rest of the dinner conversation was quiet. They are in silence without saying much except passing things to each other and a few occasional glances which would result in a smile to each other. As they finished up eating, she checked her phone to find 3 missed calls from her mother. She called her back and let her know she would be coming home soon and she bid goodbye to Ruhi and him after her phone call. As Ishita put on her jacket and picked up her purse and keys, Ruhi waved her arms at her as if wanting to be held by her. She leaned over to Ruhi as she grabbed onto Ishita's jacket...

"I don't like saying bye to you. But I promise I will meet you soon." She whispered to the child as she pulled the jacket out of her tight grip, hoping no one else would hear, but he did.

"I promise to both of you that you will meet each other again very soon."

"Thank you...bye, take care."

"Bye and drive carefully. Call me if you have any trouble getting home."

(To Raman) "Good night!" (To Ruhi) "Good night, sweet dreams!"

"Good night!" he took Ruhi's hand and waved it to her. He walked out till the door waving as she got into her car and drove away.

She reached home and the first thing she did was text him to let him know she was home perfectly fine. She smiled as she thought how he would be worried until he received her message, how cute was he! She changed her clothes and went to bed, but sleep wouldn't come to her.

Raman smiled as he got her message. She must think he was crazy for worrying over little things, but little did she know her words "Things happen in life and they change you..." applied to him perfectly. How well did she already know him? He shrugged away his thoughts & quickly picked up Ruhi's things and headed to bed. He put Ruhi to sleep, but for him sleep was a long distance away.

Midnight...

He just looked back and forth between the ceiling and his daughter. It was clear she didn't want money or love from him actually it was clear from the beginning. She was a wonderful person to be around, someone very happy and caring. The way she tried to comfort him when he remembered his wife, and her attitude towards life was something very few people could carry. And she loved Ruhi for sure, but he couldn't say yes, he just couldn't. What was it that was holding him back even after this evening? He looked up at the picture of his wife. Maybe it was just the fact that Ishita wasn't her that wouldn't let him say yes. But if that was the case then was he being fair to her? She deserved a fair chance, he had asked her for time to see if she was fit to take care of Ruhi and she had proven herself without even trying to. So did he really have a reason to say no...

She lay on her bed looking up at the ceiling and thinking about all that happened today. She felt like she was starting to know who he was. A man who wanted peace and happiness in his life, but he had given up on ever getting it. From his actions, it seemed liked he was a man that had been overshadowed by sadness and insecurities. And today she merely unintentionally scratched the surface of the wall he was hidden behind. There was something that had to do with his wife and Ruhi that made him insecure and sad, but what was it? And was it the same reason that kept him from accepting her as Ruhi's mother? If it was, then she hoped he would at least tell her the reason or give her a chance to prove her love for Ruhi. She fell asleep hoping that day will come soon where she could find out what made him so upset all the time, since she couldn't see him like that. 

That was all! I hope you all liked this really short part, but the bigger and important part is coming up soonπŸ˜‰. Please like and leave your feedback! Also once again if there are any Ishru or Ishraru scene you would like to see, let me know in the comment and I will try and incorporate them into the story. Thank you! Also I will not send any PMs for this update since it is very small and I am  in a rush right now! So after I update the next part, I will send both links together. LOL this note seems longer than the actual update.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Chapter 5B- Page 22

Edited by smilesforever98 - 8 years ago
Prabh. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhinaiscool

I m sorry it was about some other punjabi band com g to us ... But checked out PBN on youtube... Nice I felt it's more pure punjabi songs na and their diction is really good...

Yea the songs are pure Punjabi and the diction of everyone from TeamPBN is really good considering they're are all born & raised in Britain.
DilMereSuntaNhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smilesforever98

Thank you so much! Glad you like all the updates so far! I don't want to show too many OTT things and don't want to make it dramatic, so I am trying show their relationship through small things. All I am saying about their decision is that it's coming soon. Glad you're liking this Raman and I myself love this Ishita's attitude, thinking & behaviour. Hopefully I will be able to keep them like this throughout the story...

Happy writing ! πŸ˜³πŸ€—
DilMereSuntaNhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ok , I just noticed this part and yea nothing cud stop me from reading this ! ;)
It was a lovely part , I guess he is over caring coz of something that hpnd in his past definitely its gonna be related to his wife , probably he blames his carelessness for losing wife .
I am thinking too much I guess . :P 

I guess the next part is gonna be a blast for Us readers.

Waiting for the PM for ur next update.

Love,
Sruthi
Abhinaiscool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very nice... like to hear their thoughts...
shravsss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey it was nice...
how both are thinking about each other , raman's hesitations..

i wanna know about raman's first wife...
looking forward dear...
rk654 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
superb update...liked it 
πŸ‘πŸΌ
usaonly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lovely update this part and last part they got to learn each other feeling . Raman still struggling in his past and not yet to move on like ishu said something is holding him. For Ishu did Subbu know she is pregnant for his child and what will happen if IshRa married and Subbu will come to ask for the baby. May be I think to far. Hope you update next art and Raman say yes to Ishu.😊
janani_divan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow u updated ,thanks for regular update prabh.ishru bonding already growing,suspence reveal karo ..