Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Even Abhi-Uttara hug but our Pandavs and Drau have 5 kids with social distancing

🤣

Word Count: 0

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

What would be ages of Pandavas & draupadi during marriage ?

I guess draupadi came out as full grown woman , so she will of marrigable age of that time , would be 16 or 18.

What would be Pandavas age ?

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Lazybird_Silpa

Which show used to come at 8.30pm before lockdown?

I hope Mahabharat runs till end

Yeh Jaadu Hain Jinn Ka

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

What would be height of pandavas?

As per tv people who claimed 2 see ashwatthama , say he would be approx 12 feet.

AninditaB thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

What would be ages of Pandavas & draupadi during marriage ?

I guess draupadi came out as full grown woman , so she will of marrigable age of that time , would be 16 or 18.

What would be Pandavas age ?

When they came back to Hastinapur after Pandu's death, Yudhisthir was almost of 15years +12 years in Drona's tutelage+1 year in Varnavrat +2 years (approx) in forests and other places = 30+.

Bheem may be of 29+, Arjun may be 27+, Twins may be 25+.

Draupadi may be of 20+

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Andy3456

When they came back to Hastinapur after Pandu's death, Yudhisthir was almost of 15years +12 years in Drona's tutelage+1 year in Varnavrat +2 years (approx) in forests and other places = 30+.

Bheem may be of 29+, Arjun may be 27+, Twins may be 25+.

Draupadi may be of 20+

everyone is in their marriage age👍🏼

AninditaB thumbnail

This is one of the favourite scenes of Yudi for me 😻. The love and respect he has for Panchali, is clearly depicted here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmizmOnQ9i/?igshid=1jfhzt0llctza

1123225 thumbnail

Highly unlikely that Panchali was 20 plus at marriage. Both Manusmriti and Anushasana Parva give marriage ages for girls.

1. They could be married before puberty

OR

2. Once a girl hit puberty, family needed to wait 3 years before marriage

OR

3. If family still didn't find a groom, girl could find on her own after 3 years of puberty.

Key thing to remember is Panchali is called kumaari chaapi. For a girl to be considered kumaari, she needed to be AT LEAST 13. Ie, Panchali was at least 13 when she popped out of the fire. Also Vyasa's description of her figure tells us quite clearly, she'd hit puberty. So at swayamvar, she was a minimum of 16, but it is highly unlikely women were allowed by families to go beyond that age before marrying them off.

I don't think Yudhishthira's age is stated anywhere. He wouldn't have been allowed to get to 15 with no education. Nor would he have been allowed to get to 30 plus without marrying. Anushasana parva again has ages of marriages for men. I'd say likely mid to late twenties.

I believe but am not certain 25 is when men were supposed to have completed education. So Arjuna and the twins were likely 27 or 28 by swayamvar. Krishna would've been same age.

Add 3 to 5 years for Khandava building, 13 months for exile, then we have Arjuna and Krishna at 32 or 33 by Subhadra haran. Subhadra was born after Kansa vadh. So she was at max 21 but couldn't have gotten to that age without marriage. So she again slips down to 16ish as even a swayamvar wasn't yet arranged.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Highly unlikely that Panchali was 20 plus at marriage. Both Manusmriti and Anushasana Parva give marriage ages for girls.

1. They could be married before puberty

OR

2. Once a girl hit puberty, family needed to wait 3 years before marriage

OR

3. If family still didn't find a groom, girl could find on her own after 3 years of puberty.

Key thing to remember is Panchali is called kumaari chaapi. For a girl to be considered kumaari, she needed to be AT LEAST 13. Ie, Panchali was at least 13 when she popped out of the fire. Also Vyasa's description of her figure tells us quite clearly, she'd hit puberty. So at swayamvar, she was a minimum of 16, but it is highly unlikely women were allowed by families to go beyond that age before marrying them off.

I don't think Yudhishthira's age is stated anywhere. He wouldn't have been allowed to get to 15 with no education. Nor would he have been allowed to get to 30 plus without marrying. Anushasana parva again has ages of marriages for men. I'd say likely mid to late twenties.

I believe but am not certain 25 is when men were supposed to have completed education. So Arjuna and the twins were likely 27 or 28 by swayamvar. Krishna would've been same age.

Add 3 to 5 years for Khandava building, 13 months for exile, then we have Arjuna and Krishna at 32 or 33 by Subhadra haran. Subhadra was born after Kansa vadh. So she was at max 21 but couldn't have gotten to that age without marriage. So she again slips down to 16ish as even a swayamvar wasn't yet arranged.

For how many years did Pandavas lived in forest with pandu ?

I read there was minimum one year difference between all Pandavas birth.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

For how many years did Pandavas lived in forest with pandu ?

I read there was minimum one year difference between all Pandavas birth.

@bold it has to be so for the Kaunteyas, not sure about Twins