Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fragrance63 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I am unable to find the video of Sony TV's Farewell to Beyhadh. I will be thankful if someone posts the link.
Fragrance63 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Y12345

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593688337320590&id=122069694482469

Thanks a lot. Viewed it just now. Yes Maya will live on.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm trying to heal myself watching certain episodes of season 1 lol. But the butter ending has really soured even season 1 because it hurts to see how this gorgeous love would end. Also that Arjun didn't fulfill his promises.

I know these days people are too practical but I am convinced that if Arjun really loved Maya like he said he did - junoon, ibaadat, Beyhadh and his line of jiski dhun dil Mein bas jata hai etc etc - he would have destroyed himself to cure her. He would have given up his happiness for hers. I keep coming back to it but the best example of BEYHADH love I've seen in movie world is that of Aarohi in Aashiqui 2. Despite her love having chronic alcoholism which had little hope of recovery and despite everyone telling her to leave her love or he would ruin her, she said I don't want any sort of life without him. If he can't live in my world, then I'll join his world of alcoholism because I want nothing else than to be with him.

That is the sort of love Arjun promised Maya but couldn't even try to give her.

Since it's unreal, if they really wanted to show us a crazy beyhadh love story, they would've shown Arjun sticking with Maya NO MATTER what she did. They would've shown him blanketing her with his protection, joining her world but would not leave her at any cost.

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

I'm trying to heal myself watching certain episodes of season 1 lol. But the butter ending has really soured even season 1 because it hurts to see how this gorgeous love would end. Also that Arjun didn't fulfill his promises.

I know these days people are too practical but I am convinced that if Arjun really loved Maya like he said he did - junoon, ibaadat, Beyhadh and his line of jiski dhun dil Mein bas jata hai etc etc - he would have destroyed himself to cure her. He would have given up his happiness for hers. I keep coming back to it but the best example of BEYHADH love I've seen in movie world is that of Aarohi in Aashiqui 2. Despite her love having chronic alcoholism which had little hope of recovery and despite everyone telling her to leave her love or he would ruin her, she said I don't want any sort of life without him. If he can't live in my world, then I'll join his world of alcoholism because I want nothing else than to be with him.

That is the sort of love Arjun promised Maya but couldn't even try to give her.

Since it's unreal, if they really wanted to show us a crazy beyhadh love story, they would've shown Arjun sticking with Maya NO MATTER what she did. They would've shown him blanketing her with his protection, joining her world but would not leave her at any cost.

The kind of love people want Arjun here to give Maya is the stuff of fairytales, not real life.

If Arjun had really known what Maya was capable of before marriage, I don't think he would've married her. He underestimated her problems.

There was however one dude willing to live up to his end of a crazy love story, and would've exactly done what you described here in bold, but unfortunately, Maya didn't want him.
Edited by aekiel - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

The kind of love people want Arjun here to give Maya is the stuff of fairytales, not real life.

If Arjun had really known what Maya was capable of before marriage, I don't think he would've married her. He underestimated her problems.

There was however one dude willing to live up to his end of a crazy love story, and would've exactly done what you described here in bold, but unfortunately, Maya didn't want him.

Samay? Lol. He was obsessed with her jism not with Maya. Maya loved Arjun because she saw a man who didn't want her for her looks or her money. Who was down to Earth and had self respect. Who was genuine and his love was genuine. Whose love she believed would protect her and help her. Who she felt would accept her exactly as she was. Samay had none of those qualities. He was just a user.

And no not the stuff of fairytales. Maybe in this practical world people are not willing/unable to nibhao love like that anymore but certainly what I'm saying is not in fairytales. That's exactly what marriage should be. Take the saat phere at their word. And ArYa went even further than the saat phere. Remember all those incredible kasams he gave her? He certainly didn't live up to them.

But even if you do believe this kind of love is only in fairytales then so what? It's a serial 😆 it's not like they're practical anyway. 😆
Edited by SRKLuvr - 7 years ago
aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Samay? Lol. He was obsessed with her jism not with Maya. Maya loved Arjun because she saw a man who didn't want her for her looks or her money. Who was down to Earth and had self respect. Who was genuine and his love was genuine. Whose love she believed would protect her and help her. Who she felt would accept her exactly as she was. Samay had none of those qualities. He was just a user.

That's what people on the ArYa fan-boat would always say against Samay.

It's not even clear whether he got what he wanted in exchange for doing Maya's work- the serial never showed that in black and white. Given his cray-cray behaviour, I think he didn't get what he wanted initially (Maya got her cake and ate it too), which resulted in him getting more desperate later.

I wouldn't deny that Samay lusted her at the beginning, but he certainly seemed a better fit for what she thought as love than Arjun. He would've happily isolated everyone else in his life for her, and lived like her lapdog for eternity.

And that bit about Arjun not wanting her for her looks or money is again tosh- he's a good lad our Arjun and his heart is in the right place, but to say that Maya's beauty and her wealth wasn't an influencing factor in him agreeing to marry her is just BS. Make no bones of it- it certainly was.

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If ArYa had a happy ending then the whole point of the show would have gone down the drain...The whole point was as mentioned in the tagline was 'Had se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi hota...Pyar bhi nahi'
This point was clearly put across by the makers by showing how lives get ruined coz of obsession.

This was never supposed to be a love story...neither of ArYa nor of SaaJun...I think those who were hoping for a love story would have been left disappointed with this show.

SRKLuvr thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: aekiel

That's what people on the ArYa fan-boat would always say against Samay.

It's not even clear whether he got what he wanted in exchange for doing Maya's work- the serial never showed that in black and white. Given his cray-cray behaviour, I think he didn't get what he wanted initially (Maya got her cake and ate it too), which resulted in him getting more desperate later.

I wouldn't deny that Samay lusted her at the beginning, but he certainly seemed a better fit for what she thought as love than Arjun. He would've happily isolated everyone else in his life for her, and lived like her lapdog for eternity.

And that bit about Arjun not wanting her for her looks or money is again tosh- he's a good lad our Arjun and his heart is in the right place, but to say that Maya's beauty and her wealth wasn't an influencing factor in him agreeing to marry her is just BS. Make no bones of it- it certainly was.

Actually seeing the way Arjun's feelings fluctuated so violently so quickly, I am inclined to believe you 😆
Edited by SRKLuvr - 6 years ago
441597 thumbnail
SRKLuvr:
The kind of "passionate love" you're talking about sounds good in cheesy Mills and Booms novels. In reality, obsessive love destroys lives and mental sanity. Arjun did everything he could to cure Maya, but Maya never wanted to heal.

Arjun has no reason to die from guilt over killing Maya. That woman drove him nearly insane, killed his mother in cold blood and destroyed his happiness. She deserves zero sympathy.
Beyhadfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

SRKLuvr:

The kind of "passionate love" you're talking about sounds good in cheesy Mills and Booms novels. In reality, obsessive love destroys lives and mental sanity. Arjun did everything he could to cure Maya, but Maya never wanted to heal.

Arjun has no reason to die from guilt over killing Maya. That woman drove him nearly insane, killed his mother in cold blood and destroyed his happiness. She deserves zero sympathy.

Well sympathy is exactly what she got from arjun in the end. He may have shot her...but despite what she had done he did not want to kill her. She spent her last moments being cradled in his arms and released from this world with his kiss on her forehead. He cried. You may think that he doesn't need to live with guilt...but the song "tujhe pyaar karte karte... at the end indicates that he will do exactly that. Arjun didn't do everything he could to cure maya. Prior to the show starting...when Arjun sharmas character was described..they used the work "pendulum to describe him...and despite being a married man..he was exactly that. He kept swinging from his wife to his "best friend...