Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
To this day, the thought of the TRAVESTY that happened with Maya still rankles deep...even though it is only a serial 😒
640117 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Darling I had mentioned in my last review that I was neither elated nor disappointed in the end. Not elated because of the reasons you mentioned. Not disappointed because finally it is not that Arjun didnt do anything, he became a murderer to save his Dusky that too from a perceived threat than an actual threat. It is not going to go easily for neither Duffer nor Dusky, especially after Maya had given them the baby girl. Yes they were thankless, always thankless for what she gave. She was always bad and mad. Truth of that bad and mad was the empty pistol. It was their perception that made her a threat, she was not a threat. Metaphor Maya was beautifully opened, but the woman her actions were not opened.

But one thing is that Maya became iconic. Sony got away with her 😆😆. They were able to make audience connect with Maya and her pain.

Sorry Shruti for late reply. I had been busy with my exams and everything that I forgot about it here. Anyway, even though the end was not completely good and justified, I was glad Maya won and was Maya centric.

True. Maya did become iconic. That was the only good thing in the show. I knew Maya was appreciated by all over all viewers and even those who hated her still watched the show only for her. That was her spell on viewers, but what I didn't know was her craze so much in YouTube and everywhere till recently. Like now I saw so many dialogue's videos of Maya on YouTube with so many views. Her dialogues, dress, acting and everything is a trend that now even TV shows are coming with characters in poor attempt to create Maya. But it's not happening as those characters don't even have any valid reasons and justifications for audience to sympathize and root for nor do the other characters in the show are bad or injustice to them like they were in this show. MAYA had genuinely good and had valid reasons for majority of audience to root for Maya and love her while disliking other characters.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Y12 I have not written anything that is not there in the script. They had kept the script itself as Maya the metaphor so that the truth of Maya the girl is only felt and not seen. That was the first seen what is seen doesnt happen, what happens is not seen. That's why though many couldnt articulate why they could connect to Maya the girl, many wept for her.

@Darling yes Maya became a craze and I also know many shows tried to ape her pathetically failing. Because that character was written to be felt and simply taking her actions and justifying it you cannot create her. The whole Beyhadh was how you felt abt the characters, not how you saw them. Every character was like that, and that's why I told it did justice to Maya the metaphor. Everything is Maya. Sab Maya hai.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@shruti: Thinking back at it, I bet that Maya already planned all these when she was reading BG and MB in jail. Proof is her empty gun, and how she used treachery to get herself killed.
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yeah I see SET India posting videos about Maya. 😊
Edited by dexter3108 - 6 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Loved your analysis shruthi di!
I feel the ending was not extremely satisfying but not bad as well. Because like everyone has already said, it was all about Maya , it started with her and ended with her.
Saanjh's hypocrisy is something we can never see clearly. That's the problem with such characters. Even after doing the worse they get away easily making others look like the villains n they themselves look like victims.
Sony trying to repeat Maya type characters i i good move
But they are bringing Saanjh type characters , sadly in a show which I have to watch orelse I would have ran away from any kind of show having a character like Saanjh 😆

Edited by CutiepieAD - 6 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi dont worry, that character is far way better than Saanjh any day. Also she is not the main lead, where in every other scene you have to tolerate her and her antics
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi dont worry, that character is far way better than Saanjh any day. Also she is not the main lead, where in every other scene you have to tolerate her and her antics

That's right 😆