Krishna Mohini- review/rant/thoughts

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 days ago

So, after a long time.. I come back to forums for Krishna Mohini

I read the written update for the first episode.. I was not much sure .. so i decided to wait for a bit and yesterday I binged the remaining episodes till today.

It is a refreshing serial.

I am not feeling it is great.. but it could reach there if they could just adjust the pacing and characterizations. 

Story:

It is story of two siblings Krishna and Mohan. Krishna is very protective elder sister of a boy who is going through a gender identity crisis in a small town Dwaraka. Their Mom is dead. (but of course...) Perfectly blended with the story are the ingredients to make them  leave the small town asap such as, abusive useless dad, greedy cousins, one good hearted but useless bhabhi and insensitive society with their own definition of toxic masculinity. Aryamaan is getting married to his  dad's friend's daughter. In Dwaraka. And as the law of serials dictates, he gets mixed up in almost all their problems. 

Characters:

I will start with the weakest link: 

Aryamaan:

To be fair, Aryamaan is not written bad. He checks out all the boxes in the 'classic ML' checklist.

Good looking: internet says check

ML BGM +Showoff Entry: check

Tragic Backstory: check

Responsibility of the whole family on his shoulders: check

Kuch bhi karega for "Maa" kinda guy: check

Most importantly Businessman: check o check

But I feel he was introduced to early. Obviously to get all tthe fahmaan fans I guess. But now majorly his scenes are looking at krishna with a semi-impressed face or protecting the siblings with an expressionless face. Actually when you are binge watching you feel he just walks around here and there in the mansion with a mobile in his hand. bechara 2-3 minute ke liye baith tha bhi nahi hai.

At least he is not introduced the typical angry young guy!! I am so tired of that trope. Instead, he is the epitome of maturity and an actual person who is capable of proper communication and comprehension. IMAGINE THAT!!!

It's been such a long time since I saw sensible guys as MLs in ITV.. sach mein aankhon se aansoon aa gaye yaar. But I am not Naive... I know all these qualities will disappear with a poof. But I decided to enjoy it while it lasts.

He is pretty useless as of now.. mostly acting as savior of the siblings while walking here and there. But I am sure they will build on him later. 

People looking for romance, be warned it looks like a SLOOOOOOOWWW BURN type. He is piqued by her singing and apricates her as a person but not romantic yet. She is thankful for her savior. None of them is exactly thinking of romance yet. And it looks like they wont for some time. 

In dono ki romance ki khichidi toh villians apne dimag ke cooker mei paka rahe hai. nothing else. 

And why will they even have romance? Har ek din Mohan ko bachane jo jana hai... Which brings us to the next character

Mohan:

The actress is good at certain scenes but I am sure she can improve alot during the sublte expressions department. But so far, I can actually feel that he is a sweet, naive boy going through his struggles of gender identity. 

He is always nervous and feels like he has social anxiety. To be fair, that was expected of him...  with the constant jeering and taunts he have to face for not being 'manly' enough for the society.

He is still a school going kid. Everyone looks at him as a 'Bachcha'. 

He is always protected by sister from everything, so it is obvious that he is not exactly street smart. He gets into every trap possible. Be it kidnappers or school bullies or organ harvesters etc. Sometimes it is just irritating...You at the screen and say, "Dude really?? When will you ACTUALLY learn?" He is not as stupid as Gopi bahu washing laptop but definitely a repeat offender of trusting the most suspicious guys possible.

Mohan is not able to tell his sister about his problem as of yet, but at least he is aware of it. I will wait for the reveal.

Krishna:

I like Krishna as the elder sister but her interactions with Aryamaan was not that smooth in the initial episodes. They tried to ghusao romance from episode 2. Making her say weird dialogues to Aryamaan about his "SAD AND EMPTY EYES" who was just a stranger at that point. But after a point, the creatives decided to keep the romance in back burner and make them both save Mohan from the danger of the day.

That worked. It's like watching pokemon. How they save Mohan from this stupidity? I am curious.

Krishna as an elder sister of a timid boy works naturally. She is always into fiery lioness mode for outsiders. But caring and nurturing for Mohan like a mother. Her dying mother  asked her to protect her brother as her last wish and Krishna faithfully strives to keep that promise. 

She is not some bechari abla naari... she has own way of dealing with perverts who have ill intentions towards her. 

I would have loved if Krishna was a little bit more aggressive towards her useless abusive father but I guess it will come soon. Krishna feels like she will have a meltdown soon.

Krishna does not feel Mohan as someone different. But she blames herself for making him over dependent on her. As an elder sister, I can totally understand that. Some of us elder sisters always have this tendency to blame it on us. 

If you guys are interested, This looks like it could be a nice show. Although the TRPs is not exactly remarkable. Maybe they will turn it into more toxic to garner more TRPs. 

Anyways that's it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Networker 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 days ago

Uma... I have been thinking of watching this show for longest time!! 

But Rangoon and it's obsession with love triangles with sisters/friends keeps me away from the crap that it is... 

Are you 120% Mohini-Aryaman-Krishna won't have love triangle? 

I have been quite a fan of SAAKK and Debattama was my Anokhi there who went stupid in love smiley39typical DJs.

That brings me to another important sawaal, which PH is this? 

HawkEyee thumbnail

Originally posted by: umawanderer

So, after a long time.. I come back to forums for Krishna Mohini

I read the written update for the first episode.. I was not much sure .. so i decided to wait for a bit and yesterday I binged the remaining episodes till today.

It is a refreshing serial.

I am not feeling it is great.. but it could reach there if they could just adjust the pacing and characterizations. 

Story:

It is story of two siblings Krishna and Mohan. Krishna is very protective elder sister of a boy who is going through a gender identity crisis in a small town Dwaraka. Their Mom is dead. (but of course...) Perfectly blended with the story are the ingredients to make them  leave the small town asap such as, abusive useless dad, greedy cousins, one good hearted but useless bhabhi and insensitive society with their own definition of toxic masculinity. Aryamaan is getting married to his  dad's friend's daughter. In Dwaraka. And as the law of serials dictates, he gets mixed up in almost all their problems. 

Characters:

I will start with the weakest link: 

Aryamaan:

To be fair, Aryamaan is not written bad. He checks out all the boxes in the 'classic ML' checklist.

Good looking: internet says check

ML BGM +Showoff Entry: check

Tragic Backstory: check

Responsibility of the whole family on his shoulders: check

Kuch bhi karega for "Maa" kinda guy: check

Most importantly Businessman: check o check

But I feel he was introduced to early. Obviously to get all tthe fahmaan fans I guess. But now majorly his scenes are looking at krishna with a semi-impressed face or protecting the siblings with an expressionless face. Actually when you are binge watching you feel he just walks around here and there in the mansion with a mobile in his hand. bechara 2-3 minute ke liye baith tha bhi nahi hai.

At least he is not introduced the typical angry young guy!! I am so tired of that trope. Instead, he is the epitome of maturity and an actual person who is capable of proper communication and comprehension. IMAGINE THAT!!!

It's been such a long time since I saw sensible guys as MLs in ITV.. sach mein aankhon se aansoon aa gaye yaar. But I am not Naive... I know all these qualities will disappear with a poof. But I decided to enjoy it while it lasts.

He is pretty useless as of now.. mostly acting as savior of the siblings while walking here and there. But I am sure they will build on him later. 

People looking for romance, be warned it looks like a SLOOOOOOOWWW BURN type. He is piqued by her singing and apricates her as a person but not romantic yet. She is thankful for her savior. None of them is exactly thinking of romance yet. And it looks like they wont for some time. 

In dono ki romance ki khichidi toh villians apne dimag ke cooker mei paka rahe hai. nothing else. 

And why will they even have romance? Har ek din Mohan ko bachane jo jana hai... Which brings us to the next character

Mohan:

The actress is good at certain scenes but I am sure she can improve alot during the sublte expressions department. But so far, I can actually feel that he is a sweet, naive boy going through his struggles of gender identity. 

He is always nervous and feels like he has social anxiety. To be fair, that was expected of him...  with the constant jeering and taunts he have to face for not being 'manly' enough for the society.

He is still a school going kid. Everyone looks at him as a 'Bachcha'. 

He is always protected by sister from everything, so it is obvious that he is not exactly street smart. He gets into every trap possible. Be it kidnappers or school bullies or organ harvesters etc. Sometimes it is just irritating...You at the screen and say, "Dude really?? When will you ACTUALLY learn?" He is not as stupid as Gopi bahu washing laptop but definitely a repeat offender of trusting the most suspicious guys possible.

Mohan is not able to tell his sister about his problem as of yet, but at least he is aware of it. I will wait for the reveal.

Krishna:

I like Krishna as the elder sister but her interactions with Aryamaan was not that smooth in the initial episodes. They tried to ghusao romance from episode 2. Making her say weird dialogues to Aryamaan about his "SAD AND EMPTY EYES" who was just a stranger at that point. But after a point, the creatives decided to keep the romance in back burner and make them both save Mohan from the danger of the day.

That worked. It's like watching pokemon. How they save Mohan from this stupidity? I am curious.

Krishna as an elder sister of a timid boy works naturally. She is always into fiery lioness mode for outsiders. But caring and nurturing for Mohan like a mother. Her dying mother  asked her to protect her brother as her last wish and Krishna faithfully strives to keep that promise. 

She is not some bechari abla naari... she has own way of dealing with perverts who have ill intentions towards her. 

I would have loved if Krishna was a little bit more aggressive towards her useless abusive father but I guess it will come soon. Krishna feels like she will have a meltdown soon.

Krishna does not feel Mohan as someone different. But she blames herself for making him over dependent on her. As an elder sister, I can totally understand that. Some of us elder sisters always have this tendency to blame it on us. 

If you guys are interested, This looks like it could be a nice show. Although the TRPs is not exactly remarkable. Maybe they will turn it into more toxic to garner more TRPs. 

Anyways that's it.

Good review. I too feel like Aryaman has been introduced early to gather the attention of Fahmaan Khan fans but at the same time Krishna's story is also starting with his wedding preparations so they had to do it. But right now he doesn't have anything to except keeping poker face with his family and being admired with Krishna.

His involvement with Krisha and Mohan till now had been very natural too. They are still not starting the romantic angle that leaves a chance for slow burn because I am absolutely enjoying their platonic scenes and when he steals glances with her normally. Both the actors look good together they can create chemistry if makers work.

First week episodes were entirely about Mohan and it was quite draining. To my surprise it wasn't bad as I expect that channel to do these days. His problems are very real and triggering I am glad they diverted it to wedding drama because it would have exhausting to have back to back tragic episodes. Ketaki Kulkarni is doing such good job I didn't even feel like it's been done by a girl.

I just hope channel let this show he settle after IPL and don't interfere. Because show has a lot of drama to get audience if they work it well.

HawkEyee thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Uma... I have been thinking of watching this show for longest time!! 

But Rangoon and it's obsession with love triangles with sisters/friends keeps me away from the crap that it is... 

Are you 120% Mohini-Aryaman-Krishna won't have love triangle? 

I have been quite a fan of SAAKK and Debattama was my Anokhi there who went stupid in love smiley39typical DJs.

That brings me to another important sawaal, which PH is this? 

No there will not be any triangle of that lead trio. They are showing clearly Aryaman calling Mohan a kid again and again to show how young and naive he is. But Aryaman is already getting married to another girl. Even though her family is against the marriage and they are trying to break it and he is not happy either, in future for trp I won't be surprised if they introduce 3rd angle with this girl.

Production house is boyhood productions, they had faaltu was. Their drama is usually good, I refrained myself from watching faaltu because of the lead pair. Hope they do well with this one.

umawanderer thumbnail

Originally posted by: HawkEyee

No there will not be any triangle of that lead trio. They are showing clearly Aryaman calling Mohan a kid again and again to show how young and naive he is. But Aryaman is already getting married to another girl. Even though her family is against the marriage and they are trying to break it and he is not happy either, in future for trp I won't be surprised if they introduce 3rd angle with this girl.

Production house is boyhood productions, they had faaltu was. Their drama is usually good, I refrained myself from watching faaltu because of the lead pair. Hope they do well with this one.

Oh!! the same production house as of Faltu and Rishton ka manjha!!

So I guess.. there is no need to have any high hopes.. not that I had any from the beginning. But looks like this production house will be easily influenced by Channel.

And if it is Rangu.. toh gaya!! I just hope it won't turn into a supernatural one. smiley39smiley39

Let's see...

And about love triangle... I don't think that would happen... Aryamaan always refers mohan as 'Bachcha"

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Oh!! the same production house as of Faltu and Rishton ka manjha!!

So I guess.. there is no need to have any high hopes.. not that I had any from the beginning. But looks like this production house will be easily influenced by Channel.

And if it is Rangu.. toh gaya!! I just hope it won't turn into a supernatural one. smiley39smiley39

Let's see...

And about love triangle... I don't think that would happen... Aryamaan always refers mohan as 'Bachcha"

Chalo... Tumhare Bharose... Dekhte hai woh show.. Will catch up by next week and then give me 10 cents.. First in Comedy Nights and then selectively heresmiley37

I like Debattama and I hope Fahmaan is good! 

umawanderer thumbnail

Chalo... Tumhare Bharose... Dekhte hai woh show.. Will catch up by next week and then give me 10 cents.. First in Comedy Nights and then selectively heresmiley37

I like Debattama and I hope Fahmaan is good! 

Aankhein moond kar intezaar karoongi.. us review ka 😋😋😜ðŸĪŠ

I hope we get a forum page by then 

shahsb_26 thumbnail

Aankhein moond kar intezaar karoongi.. us review ka 😋😋😜ðŸĪŠ

I hope we get a forum page by then 

Dekho agar yahan beheno ka love triangle aaya na toh tumhari khair naismiley37

umawanderer thumbnail

Atleast tumhara Darr Prem trikon hi toh hai....

Mera toh yeh dar hai ki kahin rangu ise beech mein supernatural na banade 😅😜😜

umawanderer thumbnail

Itne saare cousins, Bhai behen bhi hai na...smiley44

Sachi mein....Maiyya ka koi naagin serial vibes toh aa raha hai...

Mohini ka intekaam lene aayi hai Krishna smiley39smiley39