Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (10&11 Feb'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail

Piyush, Ananya and Vaibhav were absolutely brilliant today.❤️

Hilbert_space thumbnail

Pretty reluctant to watch today's episode after Utkarsh exit.

But anyway the past 3-4 habits of looking Indian idol on Saturday's had me.

So apparently they made it very clear today that 3 more eliminations before we go to finale.

So Dipan, Obom and Adya should be eliminated unless ofcourse they have Bias in favor of Adya, which is very clear at this stage now. 

Ananya, Subhodeep, Vaibhav, Piyush, Anjana are on another level compare to other 3.

Will be sad if anyone from these doesn't go into finale.

Very hard to pick one out of these.

Piyush/Ananya/Subhodeep are slightly ahead of the other two.

But can't say anything if Utkarsh can get eliminated anything can happen.

ksr28 thumbnail

My initial reactions for Sukhwinder Singh episode:

Obom -- was fine, not great though. Taal and sur felt a bit off at times, which certainly downgrades it, but the effort was there. 

Subhadeep -- good as usual. Wish he got a different song though; I guess someone had to get Chaiyya Chaiyya and Vaibhav already sang this earlier, so it had to be Subho. Tried a bit too hard with variations (again, as usual), but it also showcases his level of talent. For some reason it seems like he's setting himself up for live shows or a tour more than playback singing in the short run.

Adya -- I really like Layi Vi Na Gayi, so it was cool to hear it in her voice, I guess? It was surprisingly tolerable for me, but had its ups and downs for sure. 

Anjana -- woah those kazoo parts were fantastic! She's had a pretty big upward trajectory for me -- this was a very good performance all-around.

Vaibhav -- I wish I could hear a concert of him just singing Sukhi paa ji's songs. Very nice moment for him to meet his idol, and he's (in a sense) his spiritual successor as a performer. A strong showing today, and he's definitely still in contention to make the finale. 

Ananya -- wasn't expecting her to sing this song, but was very good, as usual! Some of the nuances of Asha ji's version were captured beautifully in her rendition. 

Piyush -- good and fun performance! As Shreya said, he's in great shape for the finale, and hope he keeps it up. Also, have to love Sanu da as Piyush's wingman with Manushi :)

Dipan -- odd song choice for him imo and an ok-ish performance. I agree with Sanu da's comments a bit, this was not the time for him to have an off day. Hopefully he can bounce back tomorrow, but he might be on thinner ice now. 

Looking forward to Javed Akhtar episode tomorrow -- so many gems!

Edited by ksr28 - 3 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Still watching..at Anjana's performance right now.

Obom was Okayish. Shubhodeep was good but Sukhwinder has set such high standards.. anything lesser seems unacceptable..Mera nagma tuhi mera kalma tuhi by Sukhiji was outstanding.

Loved Adya's performance. She brings out the melancholy in songs very nicely. 

Anjana was fantastic 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sukhvinder special

Obom -Haule haule - a good choice .👍.  A decent effort, and that’s saying a lot.

Shubhodeep - Chaiyya chaiyya was v good. 👍.  I feared an overkill with all those harkatein, but he carried it well - a highly enjoyable performance.

Adya’s vocal support at the beginning was expected & she did well.

Adya - Layi vi na gayi - yet another wise choice. One of my favourites, thankfully it wasn’t bad - a decent effort like Obom’s

Anjana - Chinnamma & Dard e disco. I think it was the first time that I enjoyed Anjana this much.  Superb singing & wonderful interludes with kazoo. 👍. 

Vaibhav - Tashan song. He was awesome 👍. He took the song to another level. Loved it 👍

Ananya - Rang De of Ashaji.  Tough to the boot &  this girl aced it like a pro.  Beautiful.  Each & every nuance captured brilliantly. 👍👌.  Worth hearing again. 
Piyush - Slow motion Angreza.  I was sceptical when he started since this was out  of his comfort zone.  But he was  superb 👍 👍.  The fun & frolic of the song was brought out brilliantly. 
Dipan - Sultan song.  Not one of my favs, and it was an underwhelming performance as rightly pointed out by Sanuda.

Asides…

* Vaibhav’s emotional moments with his idol sukhipaji really touched the heart. 💕

* Sukhipaji made an excellent guest, his performances were a treat. This is the much needed icing on the cake for a musical show - you get it when you call stalwarts from the music industry.👌

* Sanu da should be named Sport da - ready to try anything on national TV. He killed it walking the ramp. 😁👍.

* Thank God the guys were not made to flirt with Manushi Chillar who looked drop dead gorgeous. 😊

*To be honest, all the contestants were at their best, maybe sukhipaaji’s songs ka kamal or the reckoning about the finale nearing - whatever, it was an enjoyable episode. ( esp after last week’s Shahid Kriti epi)

Looking forward to tomorrow’s episode with Jared Akhtar!  Ananya’s promo of ye kahan is already echoing in my mind. 💕

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So finale is two weeks from now so have they started shooting for SS yet? 

Edited by reborn-re - 3 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Looks like they r setting up Dipan for elimination. He was far better than Obom.

Ananya and Piyush as expected 👌

Chaitali_k thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ksr28

My initial reactions for Sukhwinder Singh episode:

Obom -- was fine, not great though. Taal and sur felt a bit off at times, which certainly downgrades it, but the effort was there. 

Subhadeep -- good as usual. Wish he got a different song though; I guess someone had to get Chaiyya Chaiyya and Vaibhav already sang this earlier, so it had to be Subho. Tried a bit too hard with variations (again, as usual), but it also showcases his level of talent. For some reason it seems like he's setting himself up for live shows or a tour more than playback singing in the short run.

Adya -- I really like Layi Vi Na Gayi, so it was cool to hear it in her voice, I guess? It was surprisingly tolerable for me, but had its ups and downs for sure. 

Anjana -- woah those kazoo parts were fantastic! She's had a pretty big upward trajectory for me -- this was a very good performance all-around.

Vaibhav -- I wish I could hear a concert of him just singing Sukhi paa ji's songs. Very nice moment for him to meet his idol, and he's (in a sense) his spiritual successor as a performer. A strong showing today, and he's definitely still in contention to make the finale. 

Ananya -- wasn't expecting her to sing this song, but was very good, as usual! Some of the nuances of Asha ji's version were captured beautifully in her rendition. 

Piyush -- good and fun performance! As Shreya said, he's in great shape for the finale, and hope he keeps it up. Also, have to love Sanu da as Piyush's wingman with Manushi :)

Dipan -- odd song choice for him imo and an ok-ish performance. I agree with Sanu da's comments a bit, this was not the time for him to have an off day. Hopefully he can bounce back tomorrow, but he might be on thinner ice now. 

Looking forward to Javed Akhtar episode tomorrow -- so many gems!

Subhadeep's performance was edited out and it lasted for less than 3 min. I hope a familiar pattern is not in process...😞

On another note I think there are some movie songs like chaiya chaiya which are more a 'choreography song' where the instrumental music, cinematography etc too play a big, sometimes bigger part, so when these songs are being individually sung on stage they call for additional variations and notes to be incorporated to make the song sound as appealing. Sukhwinder ji does these amazing variations differently in each concert of his, so it was a treat to hear some of Subho's own variations which were incorporated seamlessly... 

Another such song which comes to mind is dil se...ARs instrumental magic..but little scope for actual singing, so if it is being given to someone to perform at a singing competition it is imperative for the singer to translate the inherent raga of the song into notes or sargams and 'harķats' 😅 as per their capability.. . Well it's my own POV, sorry if it turned out an essay..😊

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

It's ridiculous to eliminate Uttkarsh and Menuka before Aadya and Obom.

Adya was okaish yesterday and so was Obom.Deepan ' s performance was also not that amazing but still better than Obom.

But , seeing the reactions of judges I guess Deepan will be eliminated next. Hope am wrong

Rest all performed brilliantly .

Edited by Pensive - 3 months ago