Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (13&14 Jan'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

One thing I don’t understand why were Ananya, Anjana and Muskan were with the boys for backup vocal during Utkarsh performance. There wasn’t anything for them or where they suppose to sing the part that Shreya sang during performance. Also did he messes up lyrics in first song like sachi sachi teri nazarein ek darpan after this line he sang something else and wasn’t it suppose deve Mann ki yeh khabarein ek pal chhin? Is there a different version too because I have listen only this one.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It was a pretty lackluster episode in my opinion. Shatrughan Sinha (and even Amit Kumar) have become such regulars, that they’re no longer entertaining.

coming to the singing -

1. Muskaan - mere naseeb mein and ja re ja oh harjai. She added her own twist to the first song, for me it didn’t work. When you play around with such an iconic song, you’re taking a big risk. Even then I think it was a pretty good performance. She was very good with the second song. She’s often overshadowed by the other female contestants, but today I think she did pretty well.

2. Ananya - saathi re bhool na jaana and disco station. Her first song was beyond excellent. Just when I thought she could do no wrong, she sang disco station. While it wasn’t a bad performance per se, but she’s set the bar so high, that the second performance by her standards was underwhelming. 

3. Vaibhav - zindagi imtihaan leti hai and yamma yamma. Decent performance. Nothing great, nor bad.

4. Utkarsh - tune pal bhar mein and tore naina dagabaaz. Again underwhelming judging by his own standards. It was okay, but he’s usually so much better. 

6. Adya - yeh dil yeh pagal dil, jeeya bina jeena bekaar and doston se pyaar kiya. I hope she’s eliminated next. Her performance was torture to the ears. The last song is an Usha Uthup song that she sings at every performance and it’s enjoyable. Inspite if a different voice atleast the texture is smooth unlike Adyas. Barring 5-7 songs, no other songs will suit her voice. Very very limited. I couldn’t help but think Anjana would’ve sung the last song really well.

Surprisingly for me Muskaan’s was the best performance today. 

reborn-re thumbnail

I agree with Raina it was such a lackluster and disappointing episode. Leaving Muskan and Ananya’s first performance all of them were disappointing especially from Ananya and Utkarsh they have set bar in the show so seeing not upto the mark performances from them it’s feels disappointing because this is the first time they have given not upto the mark performance and I hope this is first and last time because I really see them in top 3 so hope their performance level doesn’t decrease. Agree about Adya’s elimination even Obom because they are weakest one in the show but both of them are popular so gonna stick here for some more time.  

Agree about the guest too how I wish they had called somebody else like the person who passed away. Not disrespecting them but we have had them every year and Contestants do sing Kishor Kumar songs even if the episode is not dedicated to him. 

Edited by reborn-re - 4 months ago
IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I actually liked the episode. Then again, my watch group loves Shatrugan Sinha and were excited to see that he was on the show, so maybe the positive company around made me enjoy the show more than others. 

Muskaan's performance of Mere Naseeb Mein was so good. I wish she got to sing it longer, but the fact that she got to sing that song and the main song from Shatrugan Sinha's debut movie is a huge opportunity for her. I liked her first song more. 

Leave Ananya alone! 😭 

They did Shreya so dirty too! I'm kind of proud of them, even if it was so easy. 

I can't believe that Vaibhav got to sing the iconic gem that is Zindagi Inteha Leti Hai. And then Yamma Yamma? What a sharp contrast.  He's usually the funny comedy guy but I like when they let him seriously. His performance of Yamma Yamma wasn't perfect, but that song is impossible for a single performer to sing anyways, I thought he did as good as he possibly could. I hope he stays until the end. 

I thought Utrkarsh was great per usual. I'm glad someone got to sing some of Sonakshi's songs on this show. 

Adya can make a career out of ghazal singing if she wants. No idea what the market for that is like, but she's good at those.

So no, the episode wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed it and thought it was mostly good.  I'm more excited for tomorrow's episode though. Amit Kumar has been critical of the show before, but I felt it was deserved then. The fact that he's here for the best season in forever is awesome to me. The performances look promising and it should be a fun time. 

minakrish thumbnail

Muskaan - "mere naseeb mein" was a decent performance but then, "ja re ja oh harjai" was disappointing.

Ananya - "saathi re bhool na jaana" was absolutely fantastic but her second performance - "disco station" was disappointing. She is one of my favorite female contestants this season but she really needs to work on her pronunciations while singing. I completely agree with Raina... that by her own standards, the second performance was underwhelming.

Vaibhav - "zindagi imtihaan leti hai" was really good and to perform "yamma yamma" solo is a massive task. It was the best performance of the episode.

Utkarsh - "tune pal bhar mein"... I feel it was his worst performance till date. He messed up the lyrics so bad. He did manage to save himself by his rendition of "dagabaaz re". It was a good one but he messed lyrics on that one too!

Adya - only her ghazal was good. Why on earth did she even sing "shaan se"? I mean, it's an iconic Usha Uthup song just not for her! Also, Anjana singing in the chorus was sounding better than Adya was during the performance.

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: minakrish

Muskaan - "mere naseeb mein" was a decent performance but then, "ja re ja oh harjai" was disappointing.

Ananya - "saathi re bhool na jaana" was absolutely fantastic but her second performance - "disco station" was disappointing. She is one of my favorite female contestants this season but she really needs to work on her pronunciations while singing. I completely agree with Raina... that by her own standards, the second performance was underwhelming.

Vaibhav - "zindagi imtihaan leti hai" was really good and to perform "yamma yamma" solo is a massive task. It was the best performance of the episode.

Utkarsh - "tune pal bhar mein"... I feel it was his worst performance till date. He messed up the lyrics so bad. He did manage to save himself by his rendition of "dagabaaz re". It was a good one but he messed lyrics on that one too!

Adya - only her ghazal was good. Why on earth did she even sing "shaan se"? I mean, it's an iconic Usha Uthup song just not for her! Also, Anjana singing in the chorus was sounding better than Adya was during the performance.

I agree with you about Utkarsh messing up

With lyrics in first song but I don’t think he messed up on second song but even then it wasn’t his best. 

owaistabish1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I wasnt as excited to see Amit Kumar. Such a bore to see him constantly. 

Any precap on next weeks guests? Maybe Fighter team since Vishal Shekhar are composers?

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: owaistabish1989

I wasnt as excited to see Amit Kumar. Such a bore to see him constantly. 

Any precap on next weeks guests? Maybe Fighter team since Vishal Shekhar are composers?

Dev Anand & Zeenat Aman Special. 

minakrish thumbnail

Piyush's performance was absolutely fantastic.smiley27

Dipan is improving every week.... today was one of his best performances.smiley32

Subhadeep was good too.smiley20

Menuka, Anjana and Obom were ainveyi.

Highlight of the episode for me was Amit Kumar singing "Bade Acche Lagte Hain"smiley42