Drop your hair care and skin care routine please.

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 months ago

I have been facing hair thinning lately. smiley19 (Is this like a common post covid thing with people now cause I'm seeing a lot of people with this issue.)

It's painful because I used to have really gorgeous thick hair, even though I say so myself. I'm gonna go see a doctor for it soon but I was wondering if there's any specific routine or a product that helped you guys? 

Tagging Mallika because I know she knows a lot about skin care.

And to make it bollywood related ...who do you think has the best hair in bollywood? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think your hair might benefit from long term use with a good shampoo/conditioner that has Biotin as its active ingredient. Having said that, please take any recommendation with a grain of salt. If hair breakage/loss is severe enough, topical treatments may not do much good. Would definitely recommend seeing a dermatologist for systemic treatment tailored to you. But if you’re just trying to maintain health of your skin and hair or looking for a regimen to start with, then feel free to take what works! 

I personally strongly believe in active ingredients not brands. Any brand from any country that has the active ingredient I am looking for is fine with me. 

For thinning hair, breakage prone hair and hair growth, any shampoo and conditioner with biotin works great. For dry, frizzy hair or if you color your hair often, any shampoo and conditioner with keratin is a must.

I personally swear by biotin, it’s changed my hair game. It’s never been this thick or shiny. Been doing it since 2020 because work stress during the early stages of the pandemic took a toll on my mental health which also adversely affected the quality of my hair. I have recommended biotin based shampoo/conditioner to a lot of women in my life and it seems to have worked for all of them. 

For skin care, I have a four step morning routine and 2 step night time routine: 

1. Vitamin C based face wash- improves skin color consistency since it’s really good at diminishing sun spots/hyperpigmentation spots. 

2. Hyaluronic acid based serum- retains moisture and makes skin look more supple. 

3. Retinol based moisturizer- anti-fine lines, slows down formation of wrinkles. 

4. Sunscreen with at least SPF 30- rain or shine, inside or outside. Every single day. Total must for all genders. 

At night, I wash my face with 1 and moisturize with 2.  

Lastly, once a week, I use a turmeric based face mask. For reducing any skin irritation/inflammation. 

Also, to whom it may concern, I didn’t start the above skin care regimen until my 30s. I only wore a basic moisturizer and sunscreen throughout my 20s because I could care less and thought that was enough. So if you feel like it’s too late to start at whatever age, it is never truly late to start with whatever regimen that works for you. 🌸

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I think your hair might benefit from long term use with a good shampoo/conditioner that has Biotin as its active ingredient. Having said that, please take any recommendation with a grain of salt. If hair breakage/loss is severe enough, topical treatments may not do much good. Would definitely recommend seeing a dermatologist for systemic treatment tailored to you. But if you’re just trying to maintain health of your skin and hair or looking for a regimen to start with, then feel free to take what works! 

I personally strongly believe in active ingredients not brands. Any brand from any country that has the active ingredient I am looking for is fine with me. 

For thinning hair, breakage prone hair and hair growth, any shampoo and conditioner with biotin works great. For dry, frizzy hair or if you color your hair often, any shampoo and conditioner with keratin is a must.

I personally swear by biotin, it’s changed my hair game. It’s never been this thick or shiny. Been doing it since 2020 because work stress during the early stages of the pandemic took a toll on my mental health which also adversely affected the quality of my hair. I have recommended biotin based shampoo/conditioner to a lot of women in my life and it seems to have worked for all of them. 

For skin care, I have a four step morning routine and 2 step night time routine: 

1. Vitamin C based face wash- improves skin color consistency since it’s really good at diminishing sun spots/hyperpigmentation spots. 

2. Hyaluronic acid based serum- retains moisture and makes skin look more supple. 

3. Retinol based moisturizer- anti-fine lines, slows down formation of wrinkles. 

4. Sunscreen with at least SPF 30- rain or shine, inside or outside. Every single day. Total must for all genders. 

At night, I wash my face with 1 and moisturize with 2.  

Lastly, once a week, I use a turmeric based face mask. For reducing any skin irritation/inflammation. 

Also, to whom it may concern, I didn’t start the above skin care regimen until my 30s. I only wore a basic moisturizer and sunscreen throughout my 20s because I could care less and thought that was enough. So if you feel like it’s too late to start at whatever age, it is never truly late to start with whatever regimen that works for you. 🌸

can you please share which biotin shampoo and supplements you use?

and what skincare products you use? Now a days all brands claim to have these active ingredients in their products so it’s hard to pick which ones might be more effective 

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I'm k desperately seeking haircare.

It's thin, frizzy and breaking. Had a haircut yesterday for the same.

My skin is fine. Just need an even tone 

I'm doing Cetaphil facewash, moisturizer and sunscreen. That's it. Though I need more for getting rid of dark circles.

Please suggest 

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I am least bothered about skin and hair care routines. Hence, I look like this. 

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I’m not skincare expert but one thing that literally change my skin in 6 weeks was using retinol/trent from pharmacy

Its literally a 200 rupee tube that works better than any cream I’ve tried 

Use only a pea sized amount and spread it all over face

Wait 5-10 mins (ideally 20) for it to absorb. Then apply your moisturize.

Don’t use any other actives the day you use it.

Be very careful about sun exposure

And use retinol 3 days a week.

Rest your usual skincare

This is the product you are looking for if you are in india

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Consult a board certified dermatologist for your concern. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: Gul_bahar

I have been facing hair thinning lately. smiley19 (Is this like a common post covid thing with people now cause I'm seeing a lot of people with this issue.)

It's painful because I used to have really gorgeous thick hair, even though I say so myself. I'm gonna go see a doctor for it soon but I was wondering if there's any specific routine or a product that helped you guys? 

Tagging Mallika because I know she knows a lot about skin care.

And to make it bollywood related ...who do you think has the best hair in bollywood? 

I don't really have a routiner but you might wanna try this shampoo out, i think it's good

Alpecin C1 Caffeine Shampoo, 8.45 fl oz, Caffeine Shampoo Cleanses the  Scalp to Promote Natural Hair Growth, Leaves Hair Feeling Thicker and  Stronger : Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

My hair falls a lot too, I just bought a new shampoo - Tresemme Beauty full strength. So I'll try that out and let you know how it goes!

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

You can also try taking multivitamin supplements, might help

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Haircare

Shampoo and medicated shampoo. Ask a professional to prescribe you as different people have different needs. I used to have dandruff. Some things like t gel and pantene don’t work for me as I have a sensitive scalp. 

Regular haircut. 
Skincare

Sunscreen every day 
Moisturiser 

Facewash for sensitive skin 

Ice 

Edited by priya185 - 8 months ago