What makes K-Dramas so unique from ITV?

WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

There is nothing better than a sofa, a tv screen and a remote control to relax after a day's work. Right?

God bless streaming and platforms like Netflix, Viki that manages to take us in a few seconds on a round trip to get to know a world different from the typical and regressive shows of ITV!

For real, most of the indian TV serials are stupid and over the top to be honest. Similar plots ( love triangle and EMAs are rage these days, really?!๐Ÿคช) with senseless twists and turns shows lack of creativity and fresh script! 

So last year I got curious about why K drama were such a hit and popular and started to watch them!
And let me get this straight, I was NOT a K drama fanatic, but it turns out I amโ€ฆlike literally I got 

addicted to them. โค๏ธ

I dare to say that K-dramas are the second best thing that happened to the world after Hrithik!โ˜บ๏ธ

They deal with real problem and relationships (not just romantic ones between ML and FL - all human relationships) and have well-rounded characters who behave and react to things happening around them in realistic ways (side characters included).
The journey of falling in love is always so beautifully portrayed ,their first kiss is always captivating and all their scenes are just so adorable! You just root for them! You feel with them!  
K-dramas have an edge in terms of narrative and character building: you will always find something new and different. This lacks big time in ITV who still run on saas- bahu, ghar ke drama and endless wedding tracks and parties!

The k-dramas range between legal and medical, between romance and school series, between fantasy and historical, between comedy and action. The productions houses gives real blockbusters tv dramas and movies with real quality scenography, engaging storyline, stellar cast and addicting OST ( Goblinโ€™s ones is my top fav so far)

Among the K-dramas there really is something for all tastes. An incredible satisfaction even for the most demanding people who will certainly stumble upon the show corresponding to their most specific needs, ending up by trapping them in binge-watching and, at times, depriving them of life social.

Does the infamous "just one more episode" sound familiar?๐Ÿคฃ It happened to me many times

Please do share your views! And tag others K dramas addicted to join in the discussion๐Ÿ˜Ž

PS: feel free to suggest KDramas but mention why you liked it so much, that unique reason why a member should watch it rather than ITV๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by WildestDreams - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

I would definitely love to watch KDramas but the episodes are too long ๐Ÿ˜ญ itna commitment nahi hai ๐Ÿ˜ญ

nutmeg7 thumbnail

I don't watch K dramas yet but I am sure they don't show a baby being born out of a watermelon. 

firewings_diya thumbnail

In general kdrama and cdrama. 

1. They assure that No bakwas we will end this crap in 30 episodes Don't worry in the beginning itself. 

2. No stress anxiety dhoom tana music ๐Ÿ˜†

3. Fl is not dumb

4. Ost 

5. They have varierty of shows supernatural, fantasy drama etc. 

6. Every fl Don't have itv mil ๐Ÿ˜‚

7. No memory loss writers and they know what they wrote ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not to forget there cgi. Fell in love with one of the drama for it's top class cgi. 

https://youtu.be/y2uy7GoVfJE

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

I would definitely love to watch KDramas but the episodes are too long ๐Ÿ˜ญ itna commitment nahi hai ๐Ÿ˜ญ

๐Ÿ˜ฒ Too long? 16 episodes hote hai of 1 hr each ... 

You can finish a series in couple of days. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ

I love kdramas my comfort zone ... Watching since 2016 or 2015.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

if there were 20+ episodes of 25-30 minutes, I'd watch re! 

Ek ghanta nahi dekh sakti ๐Ÿ˜†

Witchofthewest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

if there were 20+ episodes of 25-30 minutes, I'd watch re! 

Ek ghanta nahi dekh sakti ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿคฃ bhaiii dekh nahi sakti ye tu soch rahi hai ...

Jab dekhegi toh humari tarah binge watch karne lagegi . ๐Ÿ˜†

WildestDreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

In general kdrama and cdrama. 

1. They assure that No bakwas we will end this crap in 30 episodes Don't worry in the beginning itself. 

2. No stress anxiety dhoom tana music ๐Ÿ˜†

3. Fl is not dumb

4. Ost 

5. They have varierty of shows supernatural, fantasy drama etc. 

6. Every fl Don't have itv mil ๐Ÿ˜‚

7. No memory loss writers and they know what they wrote ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not to forget there cgi. Fell in love with one of the drama for it's top class cgi. 

https://youtu.be/y2uy7GoVfJE

Yes agree with all the points mentioned!
The writers know how to engage with audience and keep them entertained! 

That drama is in my (never ending) to watch list!๐Ÿ˜†

WildestDreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

First time it may seem too much but once you get hooked, it doesnโ€™t matter anymore๐Ÿ˜†

Just imagine itโ€™s one hour special epi as per ITV standard๐Ÿคฃ 

Witchofthewest thumbnail

Kdramas have wide variety of fictions.

Romcom, mystery, thriller, crime , supernatural, sci-fi , time travel ... ANYTHING

You name it and you get it .

They are so intriguing, ranging from self love healing dramas to subtle rom com mushy one's to power packed mystery . 

Jitni tareef karu mai apne kdrama ke liye kam hai 

It has helped me in my vv difficult times because I could relate to some dramas as well personally. 

Jab koi nahi hota tab kdrama hota hai . ๐Ÿค—gives me a warm hug and soothes me out.