Do you think it's a good idea to watch movies that are based on books?

triphippies thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I think it's a great idea to watch movies that are based on books.

First of all, it's fun! And second, it gives you the chance to see what parts of the story you might have missed. I like watching movies that are based on books because they give me another way to experience the story and characters.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

itzAagna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It's good as long as you haven't read the book before watching the movie or if you aren't into books at all I feel.

MochaQueen thumbnail

I enjoy reading the book and then comparing it to the movie and vice versa. Though in most cases, the movie tends to be disappointing

whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

As long as they cast good actors i m ok

dellzcreationz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: whitewitch

As long as they cast good actors i m ok

Off topic

Am waiting ...for mera version as well ðŸ¤”

Ritzie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I enjoy reading the book and then comparing it to the movie and vice versa. Though in most cases, the movie tends to be disappointing

I have done this thrice with Harry Potter, twilight and lord of the rings. Everytime I watched first movie which intrigued me and I ended up reading all books before watching the rest of movies in their series. Frankly, I enjoyed both as all these movies were also quite well made.

jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I love imagining while I read books. Till now I never found match with my imagination and movie/serial maker's imagination. So watching a book I read converted in to movie/serial is a heart breaking/frustrating story for me. ðŸ˜­

Edited by jhalak7 - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ritzie

I have done this thrice with Harry Potter, twilight and lord of the rings. Everytime I watched first movie which intrigued me and I ended up reading all books before watching the rest of movies in their series. Frankly, I enjoyed both as all these movies were also quite well made.

I also enjoyed the movies despite already reading the books. It's actually more exciting watching the scenes you have already read.

With Where the crawdads sing, I actually liked the movie more than the book

RainOfDew thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Tbh I dont prefer watching movies based on books unless i havent read that book.😆

For eg Harry Potter, To All the Boys I've loved before.. i hv watched movies based on these books but i heard from some HP fans movie was not as good as in the book.. it leads to disappointment.

Edited by RainOfDew - 11 months ago
Naya_31 thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

No, No, and No

Reason: The makers twist the story to dramatise it.