Does Dhruv owe an apology to Ayesha?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

We were shown in flashback, that Dhruv promised Ayesha he will never love or marry any other girl, when she proposed to him and he rejected her because of Jay. I won't say he was actually wrong in making that decision. He definitely loved Ayesha at that point in time to make such a promise. But he shouldn't have told it out loud to her. Rejecting her because his useless brother Jay will feel bad itself was wrong. Making that promise was another blunder he made. 

Because by making that promise, he too is now somewhere responsible for Ayesha not moving on from him. He himself has moved on but she hasn't. When she saw Dhruv making such a huge sacrifice, she must have felt compelled to do her part as well to prove her love. Marrying Jay was a "sacrifice" according to her. In some way, Dhruv is responsible for messing up the lives of Ayesha and Jay. Of course Ayesha is an adult and she's responsible for her own decisions. But Dhruv somewhere pushed her to make the decision of getting married to Jay.

Lets say Ayesha won't have married Jay. And till this day he was waiting for Dhruv, when he has fallen for Tara. Could we still say she's not a victim? Ayesha is not perfect, she may have thousand faults, and she has been unfair to Jay. But Dhruv has been unfair to her. Dhruv broke his promise and he should apologize to Ayesha for it. 

In all this, Jay is the biggest victim. He doesn't know anything about Dhruv and Ayesha's love affair and history. He believes Ayesha loves him, when she just used him as a pass to enter the Saxena family and be close to Dhruv. If he wasn't a piece of shit who wants his brother to die, I would've felt bad for him. This is done purposely by writers so that we don't feel bad for Jay and end up hating Dhruv. Because he himself could've told Ayesha's truth to Jay, that she actually loves him and hasn't stopped obsessing over him even after getting married. Jay deserves to know the truth. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karamjit1981 thumbnail

You are right but Dhruv didn't actually promised Ayesha to not marry or love someone. It was just a decision made by Dhruv so that Ayesha wouldn't gets hurt at that point. It is Ayesha who is saying that Dhruv promised her not to marry and love someone. I know both are right at their point of view. And it's their life to the decision to whom they want to marry or not. And now Dhruv has love for Tara, which is not Dhruv 's fault. Dhruv 's love for Tara has been realised by Dhruv in a sudden condition because even Dhruv didn't get to know how and when he fall in love with Tara. He realised his love for Tara when she was in a dangerous situation and was about to get away from him. And , I also want Jay to get to know the truth but may Jay and Ayesha 's relation gets very difficult. But I want in the end that Ayesha realises Jay 's love for her and they both accepts each other.

Chinmayi18 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Epi 44 me Ayesha ne accept kiya hai ki Usne apni life khud hi spoiled kar di hai 

Paglo ki tarah kuch bhi promise kar dena Dhruv ki bewkufi thi 😡but galti nahi ...

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I am really glad that finally, someone has said this out loud. 👏 👏 👏

Yes, marrying Jay was Ayesha's mistake and Dhruv can't be held responsible for her individual choices.

But on some minute level, he did give her false hope. 

This show is about a couple and the makers are trying too hard to make them lovable but Dhruv still comes across as someone who doesn't have basic common sense when it comes to relationships.

He's a good and responsible doctor, helpful, and stands for what's right - all are very good qualities.

But at its core, his actions have somewhat created a ripple affect.

All he needed to do was be firm and make Ayesha understand that he really saw her as a friend but a platonic relationship can be as strong as a romantic one. Instead, he played a martyr and promised he'll never marry as a punishment for hurting Ayesha.

Then again if we see from Susheela's perspective, the makers showed her too negatively at the beginning but which mother wouldn't feel bad if his son achieves something big and offers sweet to an unknown girl?

I believe that at least now Dhruv should clear his stance and apologize for his part in this catastrophe. 

Utkarsha999 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Dhruv ke stupid promise se Aayesha ko kya hopes mili I really don't understand

I think usne socha hoga Dhruv single rahega to mai uske sath EMA karungi or Jay ko markar second marriage karungi Aisa kuch 

Marriage with Jay ye decision Aayesha ka tha plus with her own will she fullfilling all responsibilities of wife and DIL 

aur Dhruv ko continuesly guilty feel karwa rahi thi Dard ka rishta ranting se 😡 she's nothing but just a stupid and brainless girl👎🏼 

But yes just like Virat 🤢 Dhruv bhabhi andh bhakt nahi ban paya is liye Dhruv ko pakhi 2 means Ayesha se sorry bolna chahiye 😆

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

I'd say no; he doesn't exactly owe her an apology

Yes that statement (I won't marry someone else) was probably not required, but he didn't force Ayesha to say yes to Jay.

And as Ayesha herself said in one episode, she was aware of her limits and responsibilities as a DIL and would never cross those lines.

1 & 2 suggests Ayesha felt some kind of emotional dependency on Dhruv and wanted to be near/around him in any form possible, even if it meant marriage to Jay. Which, to be honest, is like apne pair pe kulhadi marna- it's stupidity of the highest order.

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

I am really glad that finally, someone has said this out loud. 👏 👏 👏

Yes, marrying Jay was Ayesha's mistake and Dhruv can't be held responsible for her individual choices.

But on some minute level, he did give her false hope. 

This show is about a couple and the makers are trying too hard to make them lovable but Dhruv still comes across as someone who doesn't have basic common sense when it comes to relationships.

He's a good and responsible doctor, helpful, and stands for what's right - all are very good qualities.

But at its core, his actions have somewhat created a ripple affect.

All he needed to do was be firm and make Ayesha understand that he really saw her as a friend but a platonic relationship can be as strong as a romantic one. Instead, he played a martyr and promised he'll never marry as a punishment for hurting Ayesha.

Then again if we see from Susheela's perspective, the makers showed her too negatively at the beginning but which mother wouldn't feel bad if his son achieves something big and offers sweet to an unknown girl?

I believe that at least now Dhruv should clear his stance and apologize for his part in this catastrophe. 

Because of  that promise episode I stayed away from this DT....  thinking ...saw one vaada boy on sitara, not interested in another bhabhi lover - vaada boy !!! 

I started to watch after Tara came in 21st cen..(and watched back episodes) . and liked the way dhruv kept distance, maintained honor of relationship of devar-bhabhi ... and I ignored that blooper (that is what I think it is - makers try to copy another vada boy, did not work... )!!!

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: A4Anjie

Because of  that promise episode I stayed away from this DT....  thinking ...saw one vaada boy on sitara, not interested in another bhabhi lover - vaada boy !!! 

I started to watch after Tara came in 21st cen..(and watched back episodes) . and liked the way dhruv kept distance, maintained honor of relationship of devar-bhabhi ... and I ignored that blooper (that is what I think it is - makers try to copy another vada boy, did not work... )!!!

I have my doubt whether it's ever possible to replicate the type of crap Vaada Boy and his Bhabhi Dearest has created. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Nonetheless, it was a serious crappy move by the makers because the way the story progressed later and the out of the blue Aashiqana that has been going on from the ML's side lately - makes me question his integrity. 

The FL is likable though. 🤗

Consent was a good move but IMO they nullified that with the Mom-Chachi-Nani trio as despite knowing DT are not married, they are forcing them together. And D too isn't clearing the confusion because he wants T to be near him.

It feels like the makers weren't sure about a definite story themselves so they copy pasted multiple plots from everywhere and going by trial and error to see what is liked/accepted by the audience. 😒

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Karamjit1981

You are right but Dhruv didn't actually promised Ayesha to not marry or love someone. It was just a decision made by Dhruv so that Ayesha wouldn't gets hurt at that point. It is Ayesha who is saying that Dhruv promised her not to marry and love someone. I know both are right at their point of view. And it's their life to the decision to whom they want to marry or not. And now Dhruv has love for Tara, which is not Dhruv 's fault. Dhruv 's love for Tara has been realised by Dhruv in a sudden condition because even Dhruv didn't get to know how and when he fall in love with Tara. He realised his love for Tara when she was in a dangerous situation and was about to get away from him. And , I also want Jay to get to know the truth but may Jay and Ayesha 's relation gets very difficult. But I want in the end that Ayesha realises Jay 's love for her and they both accepts each other.

He did promise Ayesha. He said so himself. He promised her he won't love or marry any other girl. Dhruv falling in love with Tara ain't wrong. It happened naturally. The promise made to Ayesha was wrong. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chinmayi18

Epi 44 me Ayesha ne accept kiya hai ki Usne apni life khud hi spoiled kar di hai 

Paglo ki tarah kuch bhi promise kar dena Dhruv ki bewkufi thi 😡but galti nahi ...

Yes Ayesha spoiled her life by marrying Jay. But Dhruv making that promise was a mistake. It somewhere made Ayesha wanting to prove her love and not move on.