Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 days ago

PART FOURTEEN

On their final evening together at the legal aid clinic, with the confines and rules of their professional collaboration having loosened, Armaan asked Abhira if she would like to explore Delhi with him. Abhira eagerly accepted, her curiosity piqued by the prospect of uncovering the city's hidden treasures.

For her, Delhi had always held the promise of new beginnings, a sanctuary she once envisioned sharing with her mother. Now, as she stood beside Armaan, the notion of experiencing the city's enchanting allure with him did not feel incongruous at all. On the contrary, it felt strangely fitting. After all, he was the closest thing she had to a family after her mother. 

Their journey took them through the winding streets of Old Delhi, where they immersed themselves in an overwhelming sensory feast. The bustling markets dazzled with vibrant colors, each stall overflowing with an array of spices, textiles, and trinkets. The air was thick with the aroma of street food, enticing passersby with the tantalizing fragrance of tangy chaat, spicy kebabs and piping hot, syrupy jalebis.

As they navigated the crowded markets, Armaan's hand found Abhira's, offering a reassuring squeeze amidst the throngs of  people. Their fingers intertwined, they meandered through the labyrinthine alleys, their laughter mingling with the chatter of the crowd. For Abhira, strangely enough, in that moment, despite their shared past, holding hands with Armaan felt like the most natural thing in the world. Their connection seemed to transcend the noise and commotion around them, creating a bubble of serenity and safety where only their presence mattered.

Armaan led Abhira through the maze of alleyways, pointing out historical landmarks that bore witness to the city's storied past. As they passed by ancient monuments adorned with intricate carvings, Abhira couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the grandeur of Delhi's architectural heritage.

But their journey was not just a tour of historical landmarks; it was a journey of shared experiences, and affection that was slowly blossoming amidst the rich tapestry of the city's storied past. With each step they took, each story they shared, Abhira and Armaan found themselves drawn closer together, their bond strengthened by the magic of the city and the warmth of their companionship. The city seemed to weave its enchantment around them, drawing them closer with each passing moment. Amidst the historical grandeur and vibrant streets, an undeniable undercurrent of physical attraction pulsed between them, adding an electrifying tension to their interactions. 

Their shared glances held a depth of unspoken longing, each exchange charged with a silent acknowledgment of the growing connection between them. With every shared secret and whispered conversation, the barriers between them seemed to melt away, leaving only the raw vulnerability of two souls on the brink of something new and undiscovered.

In the quiet moments between destinations, their gazes would meet, lingering for a heartbeat longer than necessary, as if daring the other to take the next step. And amidst the chaos and beauty of Delhi's hidden gems, Abhira and Armaan found themselves on the threshold of a new chapter, where the boundaries of friendship blurred into something deeper, more profound, and undeniably intoxicating.

As the night deepened, they ventured to the quieter, lesser-known corners of Delhi, discovering hidden gems tucked away from the frenetic pace of urban life. They wandered through tranquil parks illuminated by the soft glow of streetlights, finding solace in the serenity of nature amidst the bustling metropolis. Their adventure culminated in a visit to a quaint tea shop nestled in a secluded alleyway, where they indulged in steaming cups of chai under the starlit sky, the aroma of freshly brewed tea mingling with the cool night air.

Abhira felt a sense of freedom and happiness wash over her as she sat across from Armaan, basking in the warmth of his presence.

But she couldn't help but reflect on how different things could have been if they had shared these moments before, during their marriage, and not now, when they were a week away from their second divorce hearing. As the words lingered on the tip of her tongue, she hesitated.

Armaan's keen eyes didn't miss the subtle shift in Abhira's demeanor, the shadow of melancholy that danced in her eyes, betraying the silent turmoil within her. 

"Our time together is nearing its end, isn't it?" he murmured softly, his voice tinged with regret, at all the missed opportunities and the fleeting nature of their shared moments. As he spoke, there was a sense of wistfulness in his tone, a longing for more time together, to explore the depths of their connection and to rewrite the past. Soon it would be time to wake up from this dream, and their past would bear once again over their present and future...

Abhira nodded slowly, her heart heavy with the weight of their impending farewell, even as it was buoyed by the memories they had created together.

"Yes," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the gentle hum of the night, "The second hearing is coming up..."

Her words hung in the air, pregnant with unspoken emotion. Abhira's gaze drifted to the distant horizon, where the moon cast its soft glow over the cityscape, illuminating the contours of their shared uncertainty.

Armaan struggled to quell the heavy sadness in his voice as he said, "Last time, after we left the Judge's chambers, you had said that we need to work together so that the divorce is granted. Is that still what you want?"

His gaze fixed on Abhira, he awaited her response with bated breath, his heart pounding with anticipation and longing. In the depths of his soul, he yearned for a glimmer of hope, a sign that perhaps, against all odds, she had begun to not only forgive him but to trust him once more.

"What do you want?" Abhira insisted, "And don't say that you want me to be happy. I want to... I need to know what it is that you want."

Deep within the recesses of her heart, an intricate tapestry of emotions unfurled, each thread woven with the delicate interplay of trepidation and hope, fears and desires. Amidst the labyrinth of her feelings, fragile tendrils of expectation reached out, entwining with the hesitations born from past disappointments and the lingering fear of further heartache. 

Armaan took a deep breath as he took in the unyielding look in Abhira's eyes. The words he spoke next were hesitant, and yet, he had never been sure of anything else. 

"I don't know if I deserve a second chance at our relationship," he confessed, his voice trembling slightly with the weight of his admission. "But that is what I want."

His hesitation hung in the air, as he continued, "I don't know if I deserve to be forgiven. But I want to try to deserve and obtain your forgiveness... even if it takes a lifetime. I want that lifetime, with you."

Armaan paused, as his words seemed to stall, at the fear of rejection, a lingering doubt gnawing at his resolve. Yet, there also burned in him a flare of bravery and desperation, born from the realization that their time together was precious and finite. He did not know if fate would favor him again with the opportunity to express how he felt. And so, he bared his heart, exposing the raw vulnerability that had long been shielded by layers of guilt and shame, doubt and fear.

"And I don't know if you have any feelings for me,” he said, his eyes swimming now with unshed tears, β€œNor do I want you to feel obligated to return mine if you don't. But I want to be with you... not out of a sense of duty or responsibility or guilt or remorse, but simply because you are my home, my family, and without you, I am lost.

His words hung in the air, heavy with emotion, before he confessed in a sigh, "I love you, Abhira."

Abhira's heart froze in its tracks, in the wake of Armaan's words, her mind reeling with a whirlwind of emotions she struggled to comprehend. There was a time when she too had longed to confess her love for him, but so much time had passed since then, so much had happened... so much had changed. The girl she once had been, the one who wore her heart on her sleeve... had gotten lost somewhere along the way.

His unexpected confession at this time threatened to shatter the fragile equilibrium she had carefully maintained, leaving her grappling with a torrent of conflicting feelings. Fear crept in like tendrils of mist, weaving its way around her thoughts. She searched for words to convey the tumult raging within her, but found her voice silenced by the weight of her emotions.

In that moment of vulnerability, Abhira's gaze met Armaan's, her eyes betraying the complexity of her inner turmoil. Hope flickered within their depths, mingling with the shadows of doubt that clouded her vision. Trepidation gripped her like a vice, tightening its hold with each passing second, as she struggled to make sense of the tumultuous storm unleashed by his confession. Caught between the pull of longing and the push of uncertainty, she stood on the precipice of a decision that could alter the course of their lives forever.

"I'm scared," was all she managed to say. Her voice quivered with vulnerability, her admission hanging in the air like a fragile thread between them. Fear had gripped her heart like a vise, its icy fingers squeezing the breath from her lungs. 

Armaan's gaze softened with understanding, his heart aching at the fear and uncertainty she felt.

"Do you trust me... as a friend?His voice was soft, almost tentative, as he posed the question, his words infused with a quiet intensity that belied the storm raging within him. Beneath the calm facade he presented, his heart was beating with a fierce longing, a desperate hope that Abhira would be able to see past the scars of their past and recognize the depth of his sincerity.

Abhira met his gaze with a mixture of trepidation and longing, her heart torn between the safety of friendship and the allure of something more. 

"Yes," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath.

Relief washed over Armaan at her response, mingling with a bittersweet ache that tugged at his heartstrings. "Let's keep it simple then," he suggested, his voice gentle yet resolute. "Will you be my friend?"

Abhira smiled, a sense of calm permeating every cell of her body, as she echoed, "I will."

And in that moment, Armaan and Abhira made a silent pact to set aside the complexities of their shared past and to embrace the simplicity, the peacefulness of friendship. Though their hearts may yearn for more, they found solace in the warmth of companionship, knowing that their bond would endure, steadfast and unwavering, through whatever trials lay ahead.

Friendship would do, they resolved, for now. 

A profound sense of relief washed over Abhira like a soothing balm. She felt a weight lift from her shoulders, a sense of freedom settling over her like a warm embrace. She found that, in the safe haven of his friendship, she could finally breathe again.

"Can I ask you something now?" Armaan asked tentatively, "What do you want to do for the divorce proceedings? We are officially friends now. You can confide in me without hesitation, no matter what."

His words carried a sense of vulnerability, a fear for what she might say, and yet, a willingness to listen and respect Abhira's wishes, regardless of the implications for their future. 

Abhira drew in a long breath, mustering the courage to voice one of the key reservations that she had had regarding the divorce proceedings. 

"These divorce proceedings..." she said, her gaze distant, her unfocused eyes peering into the depths of the past, lost in the labyrinth of her thoughts, "These proceedings were not initiated either by your choice or mine. Just like our marriage. We should be the only ones with a say in our relationship. No third person should be able to interfere and exert their influence."

She looked back at Armaan, her eyes swimming with painful memories, as she continued, "We won't allow that to happen again, right?"

Armaan reached out for her hand, seeking to convey comfort and assurance through the gentle pressure of his touch.  "I promise you, Abhira," he said, his heart clenching with regret at how he had allowed Ruhi and his family to invade their fragile relationship, "It's just you and I. That will never happen again."

"Can we stay married, but as friends?" she asked, "I know it's unusual, but..."

"I would be honored," Armaan smiled warmly.  

"What I want then, is to withdraw the divorce petition," Abhira said resolutely, "If one day, we decide to get divorced for whatever reason, we will go for it. We will always be honest and open with each other and found our relationship on trust and respect. And our fate and that of our relationship will be decided by us."

"Agreed."

Part Fifteen

Edited by whimsical - 9 days ago
aaf311 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Team Sharmas

I feel like simpler language could be used to write the story. Rn the story uses big big words that I think takes away from the essence of what you're trying to convey to the readers. Personally, I find it tedious to read through all the descriptions and usually skip it all to get to the climax or highlight of the chapter. Maybe that's just your style of writing, which is absolutely fine. This is just a personal preference of mine, and not meant to be a harsh take on your writing. Please accept this as constructive criticism and not hate towards the story. I'm enjoying the plot, just wanted to put forth my opinion. 

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Amazing 😻 outstanding 

Loved reading the ending of chapter 

Hope you will write on their journey of friendship with marriage as well while navigating between cities. 

I don’t want this story to end yet. 

barbieflora thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 5

Team Sharmas

Your words are what sets your story apart. It is a delight to read. 

arshisimple thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I love this πŸ’• I like the gradual shift in their relationship!! I totally understood why Abhira got scared and I love how Armaan handled the whole situation!! 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Love it. 

I'm glad Armaan has confessed his feelings and Abhira has also been honest- that she's scared, she's unsure but she is not denying or outright rejecting..she needs time. They need to rebuild their marriage from friendship to more than friends. I look forward to reading all about how they navigate long distance though with Abhira going back to Bangalore. I look forward to them having phone calls, then video calls, and eventually Armaan visiting her in Bangalore. 

Beautiful chapter. 

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Finally had the opportunity to catch up with the story, admist all the law student struggles and my attempts to finish my own stories, and god it has been so cathartic to read the last few chapters in one go. I would readily do it again. I have said it so many times, you are an amazing writer, and I do not just mean that in terms of your diction but mostly in how beautifully you describe the intricacies of complex emotions. You let your stories drive themselves and I think that's beautiful. My most favourite thing about this entire story is how there are no grand gestures and overly dramatic, every conversation is so simplistic and real, I genuinely feel for the characters. I love how you wrote Armaan's confession and Abhira's justly persisting lack of faith and her fear. I trust you as an author and I trust your direction. I would love to see the gradual trust building between them and Armaan being more of her friend and cheerleader, understanding how she has lost her old self and gradually helping her embrace that free spiritedness again. This story has been so beautiful so far, I hope the simplicity persists till the end, because that just makes this story so unique and realistic. I am glad I found the story here. Looking forward to whatever you have planned further ❀️

Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Nice update 

Finally they decided to give their relationship a chance 

Please update soon 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Aak ka update kab aayegasmiley42

Look forward to the next phase of their relationship. 

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Have been refreshing the page to see if your update is up. Used to seeing your update everyday now so waiting eagerly to read the next bit. Please write soon.