Comedy Crew

Posted: 2 months ago

She made weird faces 

I like her sari

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

What kind of dancing is this    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4pmkM2vO1U/?igsh=cmtvMXVhczNwd3hy

What’s the crooked mouth she keeps doing, soooo cringe! 

Tell me she got an award for best actress in return for this dance? 

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

TBH, I won't say it's KJO's fault altogether. Each person has their own characteristics that can't be changed. If you have watched Alia during the "Kalank" promotional era, you can see that there's a lot of mean energy in her & that too when it's not even required. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that KJO staging a whole ladder for her to go up might have boosted her arrogance (yeah not confidence) on a whole another level but she had it in her all along. When in a room, she has the tendency to prove that she's better than the other person even when the situation doesn't demand her to prove anything. It's as if she feels nervous if the spotlight ain't on her. Anyway, like I said before, I watch her like any other actress or actors I watch & while watching I don't think about KJO, how she gets projects or her personality like who does that. I find her strictly average as an actress. It's another thing offscreen, most of the time her attitude is annoying.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I think your observations have value...still, arrogance is more a kind of a 'device' to maintain a position one wants in society...the first thing Karan did to Alia was taking away confidence in what she was at that time by showing her that she - physically - won't fit the role in SOTY...and even the role was not giving her confidence (Alia is as vulnerable as many kids from a background she has).

I still think that Gauri Shinde has well captured Alia's personality in Dear Zindagi...and also the remedy...unfortunately, it just was a movie...and she went back to getting exploited by Karan...

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

the first thing Karan did to Alia was taking away confidence in what she was at that time by showing her that she - physically - won't fit the role in SOTY...and even the role was not giving her confidence.

What do you mean?? Didn't he give the role to her in SOTY? How that's not giving confidence?

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

She probably can't be exploited by someone who has made her position in the industry, literally! I think often time we are too hard on Karan because he, too has this mean girl persona but the star kids in question equally gets benefited by him. Also, I don't know about tomorrow but KJO so far seems to be someone who adores Alia & genuinely so but who knows.

Edited by piya2025 - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

What do you mean?? Didn't he give the role to her in SOTY? How that's not giving confidence?

Yes, he did, but he asked her to get into the shape he wanted her to have (loosing some weight etc.)... and as far as I remember, her role did not make really an impact.

@Piya: Yes to both ...Karan is kind of arrogant, too, as the nepo-kid he had been...and he certainly likes/loves Alia

Still...mentoring someone is a big responsability...

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago