Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
IS SARA KHAN SECRETLY ENGAGED?
[08 Mar 2010]

WE HAVEN'T EXCHANGED RINGS YET"

Right from the first time I spoke to Sara Khan till today (and trust me we have had a lot of conversations), I have seen an enormous change in the actress, not just physically but also in the way she conducts herself. Initially, Sara was this shy girl, typical from the small town of Bhopal, who would require a little prodding and prompting to answer questions. Now when I speak to her, I can assure you that she has bloomed, and the difference is so noticeable.

You can call her television's Kareena Kapoor, with her recently achieved size-zero frame and also the fact that their respective careers are rapidly flourishing. The Bidaai star is looking spectacular and though she gives me valuable tips on how to lose weight, it is her rumoured engagement (some even say marriage!) to boyfriend Ali Merchant that she eventually spills the beans on…

For sometime now, Sara has been looking waif-thin. When asked about this, she answers seriously, "I started dieting because I had put on a lot of weight, as I used to eat too many bad and fattening things. Then I started realising that this is not good for my future, as I would not look nice. It took me a lot of effort to lose weight. I used to be 55 kgs and now I am only 38 kgs!" she reveals.

At my shocked and befuddled expressions, she hastily goes on to explain, "See, it depends on the human body and on your structure. I regularly go for check-ups and my doctor has said that I am fine and active. I shoot day and night continuously and everyone asks me how I manage it. I tell them, it's because of a healthy diet beta." She then adds, "I will maintain this because if I lose any more weight, I will disappear."

When I ask her if she is emulating Kareena Kapoor by this excessive weight loss, she squeals in protest, "No please. Don't say that. It's not at all like that. Kareena reduced her weight much later. I wanted to reduce my weight right from the beginning. This article is coming very late, but I had started dieting a long time ago. I wanted to lose it not because of Kareena's size zero. In fact, I used to love the way she looked before, slightly chubby; not the way she looks right now."

We talk about other things going on in her busy life, like her newly opened acting studio Reel In Real Out (RIRO) and then touch down about the topic of her engagement. For a long time now, it has been reported that Sara and Ali had a hush-hush engagement once their relationship came out in the open. So why are they hiding this fact?

Sara says, "I will tell you everything. Usually, people never disclose their relationship. In fact, everyone everywhere hides it. When Ali and I met, we got into a serious relationship, so we started telling people that we are going out. What is wrong in that? Whenever people mentioned that they spotted us somewhere, we would tell them we are a couple. This whole thing got blown out of proportion, as everyone was talking about Sara-Ali all the time, so obviously the media started speculating that we are engaged. My family knows that Ali is my boyfriend and his parents know that I am his girlfriend," she pauses, "If Ali and I want to get engaged or married, we will do it lavishly. We have enough money to throw a nice party and enjoy. Also, Ali is the only son. Even his parents have a lot of dreams regarding his marriage. We are not going to hide and do such things. Whenever it will happen, we will invite everyone."

But there is no smoke without fire, I insist. Surely, there must be a reason as to why only they were targeted. "You know Karan Singh Grover and Shraddha Nigam got married in Goa, when the television strike was going on. That time, we all were also there on a vacation with our friends, as there was nothing to do. People thought if we are there, we must have also got engaged," she tries to reason.

Okay, so now that it's clear, I ask her if Ali has proposed to her yet. She blushes and confirms, "Yes, he did propose to me but we are not formally engaged and we haven't exchanged rings. I mean, my parents said they are okay with our relationship, so Ali and I personally feel that we can get engaged. But we can't call ourselves already engaged. If someday, his mother tells him to get married to another girl, I can't say anything because officially, we aren't engaged. If my parents tell me the same, he won't be able to restrict me."

This attractive couple is looking forward to that big day, whenever it comes. "Right now, I am 19. There is still time for me to think about something as big as this. Even Ali is only 24. Why will we both marry so young? Even my family doesn't want me to get married yet. I started with Bidaai when I was 16, so I didn't even get time to study. I can't take any step so soon. Mummy aur Daddy ka bahut bada haath hain isme. It depends on them."

And yes, they aren't going to get secretly engaged or married ever. Sara reasons, "We are from very dignified and educated Muslim families. If I do something like this, my parents will throw me out of the house. Same with Ali, as he is the only guy in the family. They will do whatever he says. If we get secretly engaged and come back, we will not be forgiven."

They are very happy with their relationship and so are both the set of parents, in spite of all the negative stories one has heard about Ali and his Casanova image. "My parents haven't read these stories about Ali, so no problem there." she giggles. "But Ali is very sweet and my lover boy!"

For all those interested in knowing, there are still two more years for an official engagement and another two for any marriage. As Sara says, "It's better to take a lot of experience before marriage. So I am not going to do any such stupid stuff!"

*Courtesy: Showtime

-- k k rai

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/201003085832/showtime/features/is-sara-khan-secretly-engaged.html
niveditha thumbnail
Ranveer follows Alekh, moves out of the house in Bidaai..

Star Plus' Bidaai is gearing up for a new phase wherein both the brothers will join hands to ...

niveditha thumbnail

The next best friends on Indian television are your popular characters Sadhana (Sara Khan) & Ragini (Parul Chauhan) who have been synonymous with sisterly affection for their roles in Bidaai. In a world where actress are out to tear each other down, Sara and Ragini share a bond that sets an example for actresses across the entertainment industry !!

The duo is not only close in reel life but they also share a deep rooted friendship in real life as well. We have got to know that amongst Sara and Parul whoever wakes up first in the morning has to call each other to wish Good morning…before talking to anyone. Only once they greet and discuss the day with each other they move on with other chores. "Infact in the track when the sisters were not supposed to be getting along, the two had a hard time not talking to each other" quips a source.

Watch Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai, Mon-Fri at 9 pm only on STAR Plus.

http://www.mastione.com/sara-khan-and-parul-chauhan-at-sapna-babul-ka-bidaai/

niveditha thumbnail

Angad Hasija
Angad Hasija aka Alekh of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai is the lead of the show and his love story with Sadhana (Sara Khan) is on the rocks in the show. The audience also love seeing them together but sometimes it's just not possible especially when he keeps crying as he can't trust his wife. Being a man and a lead of the show, we suggest he should stop crying.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Cry-babies-of-TV&aid=1616

niveditha thumbnail
Ali Merchant joins Sara Khan in Sony's Aahat..

The real life pair of Ali Merchant and Sara Khan will for the first time be seen sharing screen ...

niveditha thumbnail

You are one of our most dependable actors- but tell us, why be an actor at all? What led you to it?
It would be difficult to pinpoint exactly what triggered it, but I found myself on stage at the age of six. I was in Modern School in Delhi and Om Shivpuri taught us Hindi Theatre.

How were your acting aspirations received at home?
With resentment, what else? My doctor father and teacher mother were aghast because my studies suffered. But then, they saw my performance and conceded – "Chalo, kahin toh kuch karta hai".

And then?
Well, it continued in college and I realized that I am good at it. It was like, you wake me up and say – Alok Act! And I will start acting! So I decided to join the National School of Drama!

Do you remember your first shot?
Yes, I do, it was in Gandhi, it was near Qutub Minar. But it happened very well.

How about not getting to be a song and dance hero?
Smiles, Banne toh wahi aaye the! Did a film too in the lead with Tina Munim- Kamang! Yaad hai. (Smiles) But unfortunately it couldn't be understood by the audience - it was misinterpreted and it bombed!

So how is it to be directed by Rajshree's Sooraj?
Oh, he is a gem of a person! And so down to earth! You know, he tried to make a modern film in 'Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon'. i.e away from the Rajshree mould. Once he told me one day after a screening, a girl accosted and cribbed and said, 'Sooraj ji what have you done? You made your heroine wear a skirt? How can you forget that Rajshree has a Ma Sarawati in its emblem?' That's the image and the sanskar, Rajshree has to live up to!

In Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli which scene has given you total satisfaction?
That is never there, but the scene where I celebrate 100 years of Swarn Bhawan and my debtors come with court orders for an auction was really good. The way I treat the guests and ask them not to leave and to have food at least- it was full of complex emotions!

Was there a scene that was difficult? We mean, where you had to do some extra effort as an actor?
That was the sequence when we had fallen on bad times and had to shift to the humble dwelling of my wife's Muhbola Bhai and my daughter starts working to make ends meet for the family- but secretively from me. One day, I get the wind of it and physically throw her out of the house! It took quite an effort to do that correctly!

So is there any role left you want to do?
No, I am happy with what I am. Alok Nath is like this only.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Alok-Nath-Rajshrees-special-face&aid=1624

niveditha thumbnail
Vasu's ultimate plan fails; new entry in Bidaai

Star Plus' Bidaai will have a Special Episode this Saturday wherein a big twist is to take place...

niveditha thumbnail
Ali Merchant and Sara Khan's love story
Buzz up!

For TV couple Sara Khan and Ali Merchant, who met each other at an award function two years ago, love happened at first sight.

Ali Merchant said in an interview," We were introduced through a common friend and got chatting. There was something magical about that first conversation that cemented our feelings for each other. After that we started meeting often and went partying too. We have many common friends but always manage to keep quality time aside for each other. We had pure feelings for each other and did not want to just pass time with each other."

They were confident about their relationship and as their relationship was blooming, their parents soon came into the picture. "Sara belongs to Bhopal and I'm a typical Bandra boy. When I met her family, they were more than happy to accept me. Our parents mingled with each other and we were in the ninth heaven," says Ali.

They live in Kandivli, western suburbs of Mumbai. " Sara used to stay alone in Dahisar and for both the families it was a cause of concern. We have a provision called chiga, where a couple is allowed to stay together and we are happy," says Ali. Similarly Sara Khan has the same emotion and says, "When I met Ali, I knew he is the kind of person I wanted to be with."

About marriage Ali Merchant said, "People get married once so it has to be grand. Both Sara and I are so busy with our shows that we can't take time off from our work and we're waiting for the right time to tie the knot officially."

We hope this young couple will tie the knot soon.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/April/News_20100412_49
rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Anand's not the baby stealer in Bidaai
Along with Alekh-Sadhana's love track in 'Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai', the show will pop another surprise package to grip the viewers' attention. Malti bhabhi has been distressed about her child being kidnapped and is blaming Anand (Rahul Preenja) for the same. But the reality is something different. Read more to find out.

A source informs, "The actual kidnapper of the baby is none other than Malti's husband Vineet, who actually hatched the plot to make Malti realise the pain of parting with her child. So due to this Vineet takes the child and keeps it with Sadhana (Sara Khan) but as Malti breaks down in the despair, Sadhana brings the child to her saying that she can't bare Malti's gloom any more and thus the entire secret is revealed."

"Realizing this, Malti pleads for forgiveness from her mother-in-law, Kaushalya (Vibha Chibber)." adds source.

We called Ashita Dhawan but she remained unavailable.

Apparently, Vineet has applied the tried and tested tit-for-tat formula as an eye opener for his wife.

--Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com
Edited by rose_e - 14 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Alekh and Sadhana's big moment finally arrives..

Tonight's episode in Star Plus' Bidaai will see Alekh and Sadhana finally getting together in ...