Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Buzz is that Parul Chauhan and Kinshuk Mahajan, Ragini and Ranveer of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai were sent to watch a recent award function because their debut film will go on the floors in April and producer-director Rajan Shahi wants them to familiarize themselves with Bollywood. The duo were royally ignored by one and all and Parul was later overheard cribbing that had it not been for her producer, she wouldn't have been there. Really now!

Hindustan Times
Armu4eva thumbnail

The 'Perfect' couples on small screen

SARAH SALVADORE , TNN, 20 January 2010, 12:00am IST
Text Size:
|
After a rocking 2009, which was full of controversies, the small screen's got bigger dreams this year.
Parul Chauhan, Sara Khan and Angad Hasija in Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment

But despite a new year, new resolutions and new look, certain things still remain unchanged. Like the hit jodis of telly land. They have been ruling the hearts of the audience and ruling airwaves in 2009. And the beginning of 2010 has seen no perceptible difference. Screen chemistry is really important when it comes to bringing alive the romance on screen. What's it about some screen couples that make them instant faves and help them connect with the audience? In the past you've seen Ronit Roy-Shweta Tiwari, HitenTejwani-Gauri Pradhan, Sharad Kelkar-Rajshree Vaidya, Karan Kundra-Kritika Kamra, Hussain-Juhi Parmar light up the screens and set the room temperature soaring with their scorching screen romance.

Today's prime time shows have fresher pairs (some as husband-wives, some as star-crossed love birds and some in the first flush of love ) who are creating magic.

Newly married, but not yet happily-ever after
That would best sum up the screen relationship between Karan Mehra and Hina Khan (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai), Angad Hasija and Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan-Kinshuk Mahajan (Sapna...Babul Ka Bidaai), Ratan Rajput-Abhishek Rawat (Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo), Shivshakti Sachdev-Anuj Sachdev (Sabki Ladli Bebo), Harshad Chopra-Addite Gupta (Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil), Rubina Dalik-Avinash Sachdev (Chhoti Bahu), Sushant Rajput-Ankita Lokhande (Pavitra Rishta)and Ronit Roy-Aasiya Kazi (Bandini). Marriage doesn't mean happily ever after for any of these couples...as seven degrees of separation keep threatening them even as other characters spin webs of deceit and make their lives hellish.

Love's like that
Only a handful would actually figure in this slot. Karan Wahi-Jennifer Winget (Dill Mill Gaye), Gaurav Khanna-Yami Gautam (Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kaam), Vivan Bhatena-Kritika Kamra (Pyar Ka Bandhan), Karan Grover-Suhasi Goradia (Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli), Vishal Karwal-Richa Soni (Bhagya Vidhaata), Natasha Sharma-Aditya Redij (Na Ana Is Des...Laado) play youngsters who are in love but don't know that yet. Predictably the shows are devoted to building up the romance angle.

And the audience of course seems to be lapping it all up.

Sara Khan: My favourite jodi is Naitik and Akshara, played by Karan Mehra and Hina Khan. As far as audience popularity goes, these two top the charts right now. They are young and have a fresh look to them as it is their first show. They make a very good couple onscreen. Rajan Shahi has cast them perfectly and I am sure they will be loved for a long time.

Pracheen Chauhan: Angad Hasija and Sara Khan who play Alekh and Sadhna in Bidaai are absolutely fantastic. Their characters are wonderful. Their love story is different from the others because it has its unique touch. Another reason why I like Alekh so much is because I was initially offered the role which went to Angad. So I have followed the show keenly.

Kanica Maheshwari: My vote goes to Parul Chauhan and Kinshuk Mahajan (Ragini and Ranveer in Bidaai). They look good together on-screen and are doing a great job with their characters. Honestly speaking, I think I echo the sentiments of million when I name the two actors as my favourite. They are tremendously popular.
Hina Khan: My favourites are Bebo and her husband in Laadli. Though Shivshakti is young, she plays her part to the T. Her expressions are good and she and Anuj Sachdev, her on screen hubby, compliment one another beautifully in the looks and acting department.

Mazher Syedd: Ronit Roy and Aasiya Kazi, as Dharamraj and Santo make a fantastic pair. Though they have a huge age difference, they look fabulous together. Plus their unique and complex relationship in Bandini adds to their USP.
Edited by Armu4eva - 14 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Twist in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai
Buzz up!

Star Plus' popular show Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai is also gearing into new and shocking happenings in the lives of Ranveer, Ragini, Sadhana and Alekh.Now the focus will be on the come back of Ranveer from jail.

An Indya source tells us, "Alekh will be missing Sadhana, who is at her mama's house, but at the same time he is very angry with her, thus he is supporting his family and brother. Now he is happy that Ranveer is out of jail. But, Ranveer will be in a state of shock when he will come to know that his unborn baby is no more in this world. He will also start asking that where Sadhana is and why Alekh is looking so depressed and he will argue with his mom about Sadhana bhahi."

Further, our source told us, "While the other track will be focused on the growing business of Alekh as now he will get totally busy with the business."

We spoke to Angad Hasija aka Alekh, "Now everyone is very happy that Ranveer is back and I don't know what will happen next but on the personal front, I am happy to shoot with Kinshuk Mahajan."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Twist-in-Sapna-Babul-Ka-Bidaai&xfile=2010/January/News_20100120_91

niveditha thumbnail
SARA KHAN
[18 Jan 2010]

"I AM NOT A LESBIAN AT ALL. I AM A SWEET GIRL"

You must be surprised to see the cherubic-faced Sara Khan answering our daring and outrageous questions in Hard Talk this month. While she plays the innocent and guiltless bahu Sadhana in Bidaai, Sara is not much different from her onscreen image in real time. She's just as nave and childlike! But though just 20 years old, she is highly opinionated and doesn't flinch or shy away from answering even the boldest of these questions, truthfully and unabashedly. In a rare interview, she bares her heart out to us and talks on love, sex and relationships. So if you want to get to know the naughty side of Sara, simply read on…

Tell us about your first attraction.

My first attraction was Shahid Kapoor, because he is a chocolate boy, who is so cute and sweet. I got attracted to him when I saw Ishq Vishq. Oh God, he looked so cute in it!

What was your first date like? How far would you go on a first date?

I am still waiting for that. If I get a chance with Shahid Kapoor for a first date, I will surely go with him. I am waiting for Shahid to come out, so please don't write about it. If you write it, just focus it out, so that Ali (Merchant) won't read it. About how far I will go; till the express highway and the new sea-link! Will go for a long drive, so that till the time we come back, we will have a lot of time with one another.

What would you wear on a hot date?

I would wear hot-shorts and a cool t-shirt. I will be causal and not wear too much make-up. Even for a hot date, I think hot-shorts are enough. Because if a hot girl is wearing hot-shorts with a hot shirt, then it's going to be a blast! The car will blast…

Would you call yourself a flirt?

Yes, I do flirt a little. But it is harmless flirting. Also, anyone who says that he/she is not a flirt is lying.

What is your take on one-night stands?

For us Indian girls, it is not at all dignified. Our culture won't allow us to have one-night stands. It is not good, but people who do enjoy such things must be very broad-minded. It's their mentality. Good for them, but in my case, a girl should save herself for her husband or the one she wants to really be with.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex?
Come again? (then exclaims loudly) Nahi! Please, I can't be. I am not a lesbian at all. I am a sweet girl.

Has a girl ever hit on you?

I didn't notice any girl hitting on me because I have my colleagues and people around me, who are very nice. I haven't seen a lesbian come before me. Maybe, they have come in front but I did not realise. But girls have never hit on me from the time I have been in this industry. Thank God, no girl had ever done that and thank God I am attracted to guys! If any girl does hit on me, I will tell her, 'Listen, I am a very straight, normal girl and I don't want any of this'.

What are your takes on homosexuality and bisexuality?

I just don't understand what these homosexual people are doing! How can they have sex with the same genders? How can they hit on their same-sex people? How can bisexuals have sex with two different types of people? I think it's very unnatural. I think they are a disgrace. I think these people don't get people of the opposite sex. Or maybe they have flirted so much with the opposite sex that they want a change. I don't think God has made them like that; they themselves have created these feelings inside them.

What turns you on in a man?

It has to be his looks, eyes and his voice modulation. He should be very dashing and good looking and should be very polite, soft-spoken and elegant. He should also carry himself very well. And he should possess the aura that when he comes in front of me, I will be like 'Oh wow, who is this?'

How would you react if a guy made a pass at you?

I told you I am a flirt, so I'll flirt a bit with him. But if I come to know that the guy is hitting on me and that he really wants something from me, then I will maintain a distance. I will tell him bye, my mom is calling me!

What are your views on pre-marital sex?

If you are having sex with your boyfriend, I don't think that it's very bad. If you are really serious and planning to get married to a guy, then you can have sex. But if you keep changing your boyfriends, then I think it's not good for the guy, as well as the girl. I don't say that pre-marital sex is good, but if it's with the guy that you are getting married to, then it's okay. See, I'll tell you a natural thing, nobody in today's world waits for marriage. In small towns, even 15-year-olds are not virgins.

Do you think men always have sex on their minds?

Not always. Only when a girl attracts them. It's not only guys. Both the people create this situation. Girls attract the guys and so they have sex on their minds.

How much importance would you give to sex in a relationship?

I feel, for a relationship to be strong after marriage, I would rate sex as 8 on 10. Also, if they do not have sex, then they both will become homosexuals.

Do you see yourself in a purely physical relationship?

The guy needs to be emotionally attached to me. He needs to be in my good, bad, poor and rich times to support me. So no, I don't see myself in a purely physical relationship.

Do you think nice guys have a tough time getting the right girl?

Yes, because they get stuck. Also, the cunning girls always harass the nice guys. But I feel that my boyfriend Ali did get a good girl and even I got a good guy!

Why do men love bitches?

Because they feel that these girls are horny. But a man will never get married to a bitchy woman. He will flirt with her and enjoy his life with her but won't marry her. He will only get married to a sweet and innocent girl.

Have you experienced the casting couch?

No, I haven't. I got selected to work in this industry, when I was 16 years of age and when I was in Bhopal. I didn't go for any audition. These people came to me, took my audition and that's how I got the role. So I haven't experienced it till date and I have never heard about it either. I just want to keep myself away from all this. But I think it might be happening because there are so many people in this industry.

Showbiz entities are assumed to be loose. How would you react to such assumptions?

The reason this happens is that actor-actresses keep going out with so many people and I mean not having affairs, but they have to speak nicely and maintain relations to remain in the limelight. They have to be very friendly. Those people who have a low mentality and are narrow-minded don't understand this and they think they are sleeping around. For an appearance, we charge a fee, while a normal person never charges, so it happens.

Would you take back your partner who has strayed in a relationship if he regretted it later?

I will slap him, kick his ass and throw him out. I'll never take him back. I'll tell him go and enjoy your life along with that bitch, because I will not cheat on him.

What is your opinion on open marriages/open relationships?

This is not good, but I will say the same thing that I did about one-night stands. If both of them are okay with each of them seeing someone else, then it's mutual understanding. Enjoy the relationship!

Tell us about your wildest fantasy.

Please do not ask me my wildest fantasy; it's very wild. If I tell you, my parents will kill me and my boyfriend will ask me 'You can be so wild Sara?'

*By Purvaja Sawant

-- k k rai
http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/201001185555/showtime/features/sara-khan.html
niveditha thumbnail
Happy days ahead in Bidaai

Happy days ahead in Bidaai

The great depression in Star Plus' Bidaai has come to an end and viewers can look out for happy days ahead…

niveditha thumbnail

What's cooking Parul?
Ragini of Bidaai fame aka Parul Chouhan might come across as the perfect woman - a true domestic goddess in fact - and here's more evidence that she might in fact actually be that. Lovely Parul says that she likes cooking in her spare time. What does she make? Apparently a really mean biryani (just like Sarah Khan's) besides rice and chicken. Yummy.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Whats-cooking-Parul&aid=1370
KinSanj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Angad happy with his new look response

Angad Hasija happy with his new look response
TV actor Angad Hasija aka Alekh of
Bidaai fame is donning a new avatar on his show and for his new look, he is getting a good response from his fans, so the actor is really happy and feels nice that his hard work is being appreciated.
Link:
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Angad-happy-with-his-new-look-response&aid=1374
KinSanj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Ranveer wants happiness to be back in the family
Star Plus' Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai will see some positive changes in the Rajvansh family because Kinshuk Mahajan aka Ranveer is out of jail after one year, so he wants happiness again to enter his family.

An Indya source tells us, "Ranveer is out of the jail and in an attempt to bring happiness and a smile back on Ragini's face, he will take her to a dance school to cherish her dreams and her past, so she will dance on Rang Deni from the film Dev and with this, romance will be back in their life gradually but still Ranveer is not happy because his Sadhana bhabhi is not at the Rajvansh house and still tension prevails between Sadhana Ragini Alekh and their mother Vasundhara."

We spoke to Kinshuk Mahajan aka Ranveer about the track, "Ranveer is back but he is not happy with the condition of his family members especially Ragini so he tries to bring back happiness on her face by gifting her a dance school and again taking her closer to her dreams. However, at the same, he is not happy for Sadhana so he is planning to bring her back to the house as he wants to bring back happiness to his family members and the dance school episode will be telecast in tonight's episode."

About the track

Sadhana is out of the Rajvansh family and she is working as a servant at Mallika 's office, who is working as a business partner with Alekh, who is Sadhana's husband.
niveditha thumbnail
A popular joke making the rounds of the sets of Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is that Karan Mehra and Sara Khan, the former the lead of Yeh Rishta and the latter the lead of Bidaai, have opened an acting school in partnership with their love interests, Ali Merchant and Nisha Rawal. Everyone seems to be laughing at the fact that Mehra and Khan, who can't deliver one line correctly and can't emote appropriately, has opened a school to teach youngsters how to act. No actor on the set seems to take the school seriously. Ha ha!

Source:- Hindustan Times
niveditha thumbnail
Parul ecstatic about February!

Her birthday falls next month, so is it a new guy in Parul's life who makes this month so ...